Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Aug 2017, 12:38

mj3528 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:So this was the discussion on The Ringer NFL Show (TM) the other day and I found it to be semi interesting to think about in a "eh, why the hell not" sort of way.

Taking the 22 starting offensive and defensive positions for an NFL team, which NFL player could play (not necessarily start, but hold his own) at the most different positions?


JJ Watt would have to be up there. He could obviously play all defensive line, be decent at OL, play linebacker positions, TE and probably full back.


Probably toss brittle Gronk, Julio, Pat Peterson, Calais Campbell up there too. Homer in me wants to say Everson Griffin too - he was a gunner his rookie year!

But I will take Seabass. Either kicker spot and any blocking or defensive line position. Versatility.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 22 Aug 2017, 12:46

Cam Newtown, he's built like a LB/TE, probably be good at tackle/DE, also SS
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12460
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby Briandong79 » 22 Aug 2017, 12:52

The other host picked Myles Garrett, (TE, FB, OL, DL, LB, safety, arguably even WR) which I think is a good one. Clowney would get some run too I think.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby Rodney Farva » 22 Aug 2017, 22:10

khalil mack
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24977
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby Theny » 23 Aug 2017, 05:33

Rodney Farva wrote:khalil mack


Khalil "return of the" Mack. /selfhigh5
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30548
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 23 Aug 2017, 06:53

Theny wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:khalil mack


Khalil "return of the" Mack. /selfhigh5

Die berman, die
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12460
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 23 Aug 2017, 07:59

Jared Goff would be a sick MLB.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31047
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 18 Sep 2017, 08:47

I watched a NFL Network produced show called "The Top 10 Most Devastating Losses." I...was nonplussed.

Their list:
10. 2002 NFC title game (it was Tampa over Philly). Ok.
9. Tuck Rule game - I will say it's fucking hilarious watching the replays of this. Even Brady knew it was a fumble.
8. Favre's Title Game INTs - Comparing the one he threw in Green Bay with the one he threw in Minnesota. Ok.
7. Music City Miracle - 7. Sure.
6. Bills-Oilers - Um.....It's funny, not sure how devastating it was.
5. Patriots-Seahawks - I guess? Patriots are the glitterati.
4. Steelers-Cardinals - Really?
3. Norwood - Yeah, that works.
2. "The Drive" and "The Fumble" - Well if we're just combining games, sure.
1. Giants-Patriots - GTFO "We didn't go perfect" are you fucking kidding me with this shit eat a lemon.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby CourtesyFlush » 18 Sep 2017, 08:51

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I watched a NFL Network produced show called "The Top 10 Most Devastating Losses." I...was nonplussed.

Their list:
10. 2002 NFC title game (it was Tampa over Philly). Ok.
9. Tuck Rule game - I will say it's fucking hilarious watching the replays of this. Even Brady knew it was a fumble.
8. Favre's Title Game INTs - Comparing the one he threw in Green Bay with the one he threw in Minnesota. Ok.
7. Music City Miracle - 7. Sure.
6. Bills-Oilers - Um.....It's funny, not sure how devastating it was.
5. Patriots-Seahawks - I guess? Patriots are the glitterati.
4. Steelers-Cardinals - Really?
3. Norwood - Yeah, that works.
2. "The Drive" and "The Fumble" - Well if we're just combining games, sure.
1. Giants-Patriots - GTFO "We didn't go perfect" are you fucking kidding me with this shit eat a lemon.

Any list without #2, 3, or 7 as #1 is INVALID.

I get the rationale behind why they ranked #! the way they did (ruining a perfect season) but still not enough since the Pats have won multiple Superb Owls around that one.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14567
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 18 Sep 2017, 08:53

CourtesyFlush wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:I watched a NFL Network produced show called "The Top 10 Most Devastating Losses." I...was nonplussed.

Their list:
10. 2002 NFC title game (it was Tampa over Philly). Ok.
9. Tuck Rule game - I will say it's fucking hilarious watching the replays of this. Even Brady knew it was a fumble.
8. Favre's Title Game INTs - Comparing the one he threw in Green Bay with the one he threw in Minnesota. Ok.
7. Music City Miracle - 7. Sure.
6. Bills-Oilers - Um.....It's funny, not sure how devastating it was.
5. Patriots-Seahawks - I guess? Patriots are the glitterati.
4. Steelers-Cardinals - Really?
3. Norwood - Yeah, that works.
2. "The Drive" and "The Fumble" - Well if we're just combining games, sure.
1. Giants-Patriots - GTFO "We didn't go perfect" are you fucking kidding me with this shit eat a lemon.

Any list without #2, 3, or 7 as #1 is INVALID.

I get the rationale behind why they ranked #! the way they did (ruining a perfect season) but still not enough since the Pats have won multiple Superb Owls around that one.


Exactly. Same with the Seahawks, they just won one.

This seemed to be produced before....last season.....and what is assuredly the new no.1.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby CourtesyFlush » 18 Sep 2017, 08:55

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:I watched a NFL Network produced show called "The Top 10 Most Devastating Losses." I...was nonplussed.

Their list:
10. 2002 NFC title game (it was Tampa over Philly). Ok.
9. Tuck Rule game - I will say it's fucking hilarious watching the replays of this. Even Brady knew it was a fumble.
8. Favre's Title Game INTs - Comparing the one he threw in Green Bay with the one he threw in Minnesota. Ok.
7. Music City Miracle - 7. Sure.
6. Bills-Oilers - Um.....It's funny, not sure how devastating it was.
5. Patriots-Seahawks - I guess? Patriots are the glitterati.
4. Steelers-Cardinals - Really?
3. Norwood - Yeah, that works.
2. "The Drive" and "The Fumble" - Well if we're just combining games, sure.
1. Giants-Patriots - GTFO "We didn't go perfect" are you fucking kidding me with this shit eat a lemon.

Any list without #2, 3, or 7 as #1 is INVALID.

I get the rationale behind why they ranked #! the way they did (ruining a perfect season) but still not enough since the Pats have won multiple Superb Owls around that one.


Exactly. Same with the Seahawks, they just won one.

This seemed to be produced before....last season.....and what is assuredly the new no.1.

Yup--the Falcons get the top spot in spectacular fashion.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14567
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby Theny » 18 Sep 2017, 09:12

98 NFC championship should be up there
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30548
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby JichaelDick » 18 Sep 2017, 14:03

Theny wrote:98 NFC championship should be up there



Yep. The Oilers-Bills was pretty damn devastating too, but the Oilers were really good the next year and looked to be a Superb Owl contender, but everything went to shit against the Chiefs in the playoffs.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26087
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 18 Sep 2017, 14:09

LOL at #1, foh. That team was leaking oil and was lucky to have even made it to that game, let along making it undefeated thru the reg season. Cry me a river /31.

10 is funny. Like what? Maybe bc they were closing the Vet. I guess? That was classic McNabb sucking.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31047
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby mj3528 » 18 Sep 2017, 14:14

I am biased but the Drive seems #1 to me. Denver fucked up the kick-off return and had the ball at their own 2. Stop the drive, and the Browns are going to their first Superbowl. then elway and 98 yards happened.

The Fumble was an emotionally draining game, spotting a team a 21-3 lead and coming back. Earnest Byner would have just tied the game, pending the extra point, if he didn't fumble. Still can't believe he didn't score on that play, and turned it over instead. Still may be the most exciting football game I have ever seen.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9279
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

PreviousNext

Return to NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jew Jitsu and 1 guest