Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Re: Random Thoughts - The NFL Edition

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 25 Oct 2016, 05:55

That was awesome.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Colonel Angus » 28 Oct 2016, 09:22

I have heard some people say that fantasy football (and fantasy players going to bars to watch all the games at one or only watching the Red Zone Channel) is one of the reasons that NFL ratings are down. This would seem to belie that:

Chris Thorman Verified account
‏@christhorman
To add to the NFL TV ratings are declining talk: fantasy football search traffic at its lowest in 10 years https://www.google.com/trends/explore?d ... ootball%22
10:11 AM - 28 Oct 2016

CBS suggests that it's something even dumber.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 28 Oct 2016, 09:28

the greatest interest by far in fantasy football is in Ireland....? I have to question question their stats (unless i'm reading that wrong)
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby Theny » 28 Oct 2016, 09:32

Kaep being the main reason seems like the most obvious thing ever, and every poll I've seen backs that up. Why so many people in the media refuse to accept that is odd.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 28 Oct 2016, 09:34

Maybe it's because, oh I don't know, the product is complete garbage.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Colonel Angus » 28 Oct 2016, 09:35

Theny wrote:Kaep being the main reason seems like the most obvious thing ever, and every poll I've seen backs that up. Why so many people in the media refuse to accept that is odd.

I am not in the media, but I am incredulous. Obviously the polls appear to back you up, but I just can't imagine a person who would otherwise want to watch football not doing so because players are kneeling for the anthem. It just doesn't make sense to me. Like Lady Gaga.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Oct 2016, 09:36

Theny wrote:Kaep being the main reason seems like the most obvious thing ever, and every poll I've seen backs that up. Why so many people in the media refuse to accept that is odd.

I would cling to the hope that people aren't that dumb but alas.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 28 Oct 2016, 09:44

The thing is, viewership and participation in football is down across the board.

IMO, oversaturation, the concussion deal, the lower quality of games, and more and more options on TV have hurt more. Kaepernick is just a scapegoat.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TVF wannabe » 28 Oct 2016, 09:47

Colonel Angus wrote:

I am not in the media, but I am incredulous. Obviously the polls appear to back you up, but I just can't imagine a person who would otherwise want to watch football not doing so because players are kneeling for the anthem. It just doesn't make sense to me. Like Lady Gaga.

I agree here and with Dong. I like football and I watch it whether or not Kaepernick is standing, has no effect. Shitty Thursday night games, Sunday morning regional game and general political interest seem more likely to me.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby mj3528 » 28 Oct 2016, 09:56

TVF wannabe wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

I agree here and with Dong. I like football and I watch it whether or not Kaepernick is standing, has no effect. Shitty Thursday night games, Sunday morning regional game and general political interest seem more likely to me.

All this NFL is in trouble talk is stupid. A Thursday night game last week outdrew the NLCS in ratings.

It is just a correction of an unsustainable high in ratings which is also impacted by things the NFL can't control: crazy election, cord cutting, etc.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby TVF wannabe » 28 Oct 2016, 10:03

mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

All this NFL is in trouble talk is stupid. A Thursday night game last week outdrew the NLCS in ratings.

It is just a correction of an unsustainable high in ratings which is also impacted by things the NFL can't control: crazy election, cord cutting, etc.

add streaming on mobile devices to that too
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby JT99 » 28 Oct 2016, 10:06

I think that Kaep has been the straw that broke the camel's back in the politicization (in the wrong direction) for a lot of NFL fans.

The meatheads were all well and good with god, country and the military, but once the safety concerns ("pussification!"), breast cancer ("wearing pink?"), and other "softer" views took hold, the meatheads moved on to other things (UFC, for one).

Though I still watch, the "lawyerization" of stuff like what is and what is not a catch, drives me away, at times.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Theny » 28 Oct 2016, 10:06

Briandong79 wrote:

I would cling to the hope that people aren't that dumb but alas.

I think kaep was just the tipping point. A lot of the reasons you're all giving are valid, and all these NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE media stooges have been arrogantly dismissing this stuff for years.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Goose » 28 Oct 2016, 10:29

Do they even show players kneeling on the broadcasts? I've seen a lot of games (including two 49ers games) and I think the only time I've seen it was on-line the day after. I don't watch pre-game shows, so that might have something to do with it. But really, WGAF. If we actually gave a shit about our troops we wouldn't send them over to every third world shithole on a whim or ignore their medical needs when they get back.

But just ask patriot if they think that Vets should get better medical care and job placement. They'll all say "hell, yeah!"
Then ask them if they're willing to pay higher taxes to support it. "Uhhh...."
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Oct 2016, 10:30

it's got to be because the games have been really bad this year. imo, the people who would be swayed by kaepernick and the other negroes protesting are also people who cannot live without watching their beloved mongoloids play every weekend. even they have a breaking point though, and that breaking point is a jags/titans blowout.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to NFL