Because it somehow doesn't exist yet - The 49ers Thread

Because it somehow doesn't exist yet - The 49ers Thread

Postby Fletch » 15 Nov 2007, 12:00

Sure, they've sucked for pretty much this entire century, but that's no reason for there not to be a thread for one of the best franchises in all of football.

And yet, we start off with this:

Alex Smith admits to sucking

Ok, I'll bite, Alex. I could give a shit about your shoulder - you weren't any better last year, really. Time to go, buddy.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
User avatar
Fletch
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 10:19
Location: Number 2

Postby Theny » 15 Nov 2007, 12:04

Alex Smith = Bust. Too bad for him really, they kept changing coordinators on him.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29790
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 15 Nov 2007, 12:06

alex smith is 23, give him some time sonz.
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7197
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Postby Theny » 15 Nov 2007, 12:10

Alex Smith has small hands though. No word if he smells like cabbage.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29790
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Nov 2007, 12:10

i agree with untouch. he has time. nice theny

time to look at the draft though. who are they targeting for the first round? oh wait...
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 28692
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Postby Fletch » 15 Nov 2007, 12:21

In 30 career starts (32 games), he has 5 (five) games with >200 yards passing, and 0 (zero) games with >300 yards.

What am I waiting for, exactly? His career rating is 63.5 and comp % is 54.4 (this year it's under 50).

I'm all for letting QBs grow and learn, and I hate it when teams pull the plug on young players after hardly any time. But at 23, with 2 full seasons worth of playing time, I think we might know what we're getting. If there had been ANY flashes of something special, I'd be for keeping him, but he should be a backup somewhere.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
User avatar
Fletch
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 10:19
Location: Number 2

Postby the cheese » 15 Nov 2007, 12:53

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:In 30 career starts (32 games), he has 5 (five) games with >200 yards passing, and 0 (zero) games with >300 yards.

What am I waiting for, exactly? His career rating is 63.5 and comp % is 54.4 (this year it's under 50).

I'm all for letting QBs grow and learn, and I hate it when teams pull the plug on young players after hardly any time. But at 23, with 2 full seasons worth of playing time, I think we might know what we're getting. If there had been ANY flashes of something special, I'd be for keeping him, but he should be a backup somewhere.


Think about Drew Brees though.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 16670
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Postby Fletch » 15 Nov 2007, 12:56

the cheese wrote:
Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:In 30 career starts (32 games), he has 5 (five) games with >200 yards passing, and 0 (zero) games with >300 yards.

What am I waiting for, exactly? His career rating is 63.5 and comp % is 54.4 (this year it's under 50).

I'm all for letting QBs grow and learn, and I hate it when teams pull the plug on young players after hardly any time. But at 23, with 2 full seasons worth of playing time, I think we might know what we're getting. If there had been ANY flashes of something special, I'd be for keeping him, but he should be a backup somewhere.


Think about Drew Brees though.


No thanks.

Image

Yes, that is Alfonso Ribiero.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
User avatar
Fletch
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 10:19
Location: Number 2

Postby Theny » 15 Nov 2007, 12:59

Ribeiro was one hell of an actor. Actually he probably wasn't acting on the show.

ETA: Just for shits and giggles, it's Ashley.

Image
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29790
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby Prez » 15 Nov 2007, 13:02

I thought the "Bill Walsh is dead" thread was the official 49'ers thread :wink:
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 9699
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Postby Fletch » 15 Nov 2007, 13:03

RSNprez wrote:I thought the "Bill Walsh is dead" thread was the official 49'ers thread :wink:


If I were Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison, you would have just made my "People to Kill" list.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
User avatar
Fletch
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 10:19
Location: Number 2

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 15 Nov 2007, 13:10

Theny wrote:Ribeiro was one hell of an actor. Actually he probably wasn't acting on the show.

ETA: Just for shits and giggles, it's Ashley.

Image


she's a 9 at worst. what's she doing now?
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7197
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Postby Theny » 15 Nov 2007, 13:12

According to her imdb page she's doing the Young and the Restless.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29790
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby IhateTomBrady » 15 Nov 2007, 13:16

I cannot believe that dude from "Seaquest DSV" tapped that. And then he killed himself while they were dating. Must have been a secret Clay Aiken fan.
User avatar
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3981
Joined: 20 Feb 2006, 16:05
Location: ready to be the 1%

Postby Durden » 15 Nov 2007, 13:39

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:In 30 career starts (32 games), he has 5 (five) games with >200 yards passing, and 0 (zero) games with >300 yards.

What am I waiting for, exactly? His career rating is 63.5 and comp % is 54.4 (this year it's under 50).

I'm all for letting QBs grow and learn, and I hate it when teams pull the plug on young players after hardly any time. But at 23, with 2 full seasons worth of playing time, I think we might know what we're getting. If there had been ANY flashes of something special, I'd be for keeping him, but he should be a backup somewhere.


i've barely seen Smith play to have a good opinion, but i agree with Untouchable nonetheless, if only because he's still 23...the #1 pick invested in him would also be a strong reason to have some more patience, but it's only tertiary to me, after his age and considering there are very few quality QBs in the league to begin with.

if you think about it, how many QBs (assuming they stay healthy) would you say will unquestionably remain their team's starter for say, the next 3 years? i'm thinking that list is something like: Peyton, Brady, Carson, Romo, Roethlisberger, Brees

you could try and argue guys like Bulger, V Diddy, Campbell, Hasselbeck, Cutler, Eli and Rivers, but at the very least, they've been (or recently come) under increased scrutiny locally and/or nationally...the guys on that first list would have to go through a lengthy, unforeseen period of suckitude before they were really criticized by the media or their fanbases, and it's why i consider them to have true job security.

most importantly though, i still haven't even listed 16 QBs, which would only be enough for HALF the teams in the NFL...unless you're fortunate enough to have a guy like Peyton, who "had it" from a relatively young age, chances are you're going to have to wait until a guy is around the age of 26-28 before you know if he'll ever "get it" and is able to make that next step or not (for example: Brees, Bulger, Hasselbeck, Romo, etc.)

23 is simply far too young to be giving up on any QB, let alone one you gave a shitload of money to.
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.


2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
User avatar
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: 22 May 2007, 10:49

Next

Return to NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest