Hit the mute button (TV Commentators)

Re: Hit the mute button (TV Commentators)

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Nov 2016, 12:28

CourtesyFlush wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I think Tirico has been really good on SNF. I'd be fine with him replacing Michaels full time. Don't @ me.

I still like Michaels better but he really has been very good. ESPN should watch and learn

What do you mean by that espn remark?

I like Tirico better than AM. I cant stand Michaels for some reason.

Their MNF broadcast hasn't been great for the last few years even with Tirico. He wasn't their issue.

I am admittedly a hypocrite on this. But here is what i think:

- MNF should have its own voice. Tirico did every sport for ESPN, and same with McDonough. Stick Brent on there, have him do the You Are Looking Live and make it an event, god dammit.
- SNF tries to make itself feel like an event, and they beat you over the head with their presentation. I hate the whole thing. The Underwood song is like 7 minutes, they use the same stupid music going into every break and out of every break. Get over yourselves. I cant even watch it. I hate when the Eagles are on it and I have to sit thru it.

If they stick Brent on MNF he's automatically a bigger deal than the actual game and we know King Goodell wants the NFL to be the main attraction. So while I'm sure Brent and ESPN would like to have him calling those games I'm guessing Fuckface Rog wouldn't let it happen.

We're talking about the same Brent that ESPN demoted to the SEC Network, right? That Brent? Somehow I don't think ESPN is champing at the bit to get him on MNF.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 28 Nov 2016, 12:31

Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I think Tirico has been really good on SNF. I'd be fine with him replacing Michaels full time. Don't @ me.

I still like Michaels better but he really has been very good. ESPN should watch and learn

Their MNF broadcast hasn't been great for the last few years even with Tirico. He wasn't their issue.

- MNF should have its own voice. Tirico did every sport for ESPN, and same with McDonough. Stick Brent on there, have him do the You Are Looking Live and make it an event, god dammit.
- SNF tries to make itself feel like an event, and they beat you over the head with their presentation. I hate the whole thing. The Underwood song is like 7 minutes, they use the same stupid music going into every break and out of every break. Get over yourselves. I cant even watch it. I hate when the Eagles are on it and I have to sit thru it.

If they stick Brent on MNF he's automatically a bigger deal than the actual game and we know King Goodell wants the NFL to be the main attraction. So while I'm sure Brent and ESPN would like to have him calling those games I'm guessing Fuckface Rog wouldn't let it happen.

We're talking about the same Brent that ESPN demoted to the SEC Network, right? That Brent? Somehow I don't think ESPN is champing at the bit to get him on MNF.

Because they couldn't find anywhere to put him when they had to scramble to keep Chris Fowler from bolting. THAT Brent.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 28 Nov 2016, 12:32

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:

Because they couldn't find anywhere to put him when they had to scramble to keep Chris Fowler from bolting. THAT Brent.

Brent is still fantastic. I agree with BSMB on that. However, how many years does he have left? He will be slipping into Keith Jackson and Verne Lundquist shoddy performance era soon.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Nov 2016, 12:33

i like how they were scared to lose Fowler. To what, the Tennis Network? That guy is the worst. Let him go, who cares.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Nov 2016, 12:34

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:

Brent is still fantastic. I agree with BSMB on that. However, how many years does he have left? He will be slipping into Keith Jackson and Verne Lundquist shoddy performance era soon.

ESPN still has a featured NCAA game that is not the ABC game. They could have easily kept Brent up there, or put him on a featured ABC game during the day. I do not think that the ESPN management shares your opinion, Flush.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Rodney Farva » 28 Nov 2016, 12:42

i seriously doubt that the amazeballs brent musberger is going to outshine any nfl game. please.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TVF wannabe » 28 Nov 2016, 12:47

I Like Brent but then again I loved Summerall/Madden and Madden probably isn't worth putting on at this point.

I can see Gruden/Brent being a colossal clusterfuck.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby CourtesyFlush » 28 Nov 2016, 13:14

Rodney Farva wrote:i seriously doubt that the amazeballs brent musberger is going to outshine any nfl game. please.

Even Jags-Titans? Or anyone versus Browns? Most of the MNF/TNF games have been atrocious. Why not put a personality on the stick who adds something? Nope, give me Sean McDonough!
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 28 Nov 2016, 13:17

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:i seriously doubt that the amazeballs brent musberger is going to outshine any nfl game. please.

Even Jags-Titans? Or anyone versus Browns? Most of the MNF/TNF games have been atrocious. Why not put a personality on the stick who adds something? Nope, give me Sean McDonough!

he wouldn't outshine a browns offensive vs browns defense scrimmage at their practice facility
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby CourtesyFlush » 28 Nov 2016, 13:18

Rodney Farva wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

he wouldn't outshine a browns offensive vs browns defense scrimmage at their practice facility

The idea of that abomination just made me throw up in my mouth

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby PhillyJim76 » 28 Nov 2016, 13:38

Sorry Balls but your hard on for Brent is ridiculous. No one is clamoring for him. He's basically Tom Lemaine at this point
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 28 Nov 2016, 13:39

ESPN should get Jim Ross for MNF.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby mj3528 » 28 Nov 2016, 13:40

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:ESPN should get Jim Ross for MNF.

Just go to a 3 man booth of Dennis Miller, Tony Kornheiser and Rush LImbaugh.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Nov 2016, 13:51

I miss Brett. Didn't ESJW put him on SECN because of his mildly inappropriate comment about a hot woman in the stands?
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Dec 2016, 10:54

I'm in the Poconos, which is like 90 miles from Philly. The teams that ppl here are generally fans of: Steelers, Eagles, or GMen.

Sunday on Fox here:
1 pm Rams at Patriots
425 pm GOTW Giants at Steelers

The Eagles are at Cinci on Fox at 1 pm. So why TF are they showing Rams/Patriots? FU Gary.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

PreviousNext

Return to NFL