Hit the mute button (TV Commentators)

Re: Hit the mute button (TV Commentators)

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 09 May 2016, 14:51

Cris Carter and Ray Lewis OUT at ESPN, Randy Moss IN.

http://deadspin.com/report-espn-to-hire ... 1775584228
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Jun 2016, 18:36

Mike Carey out at CBS.

I'll miss him. I loved his near-one-hundred percent inaccuracy ratio. You could make a fortune betting against him.

I'm a little surprised they're not planning on replacing him though.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 11 Jun 2016, 21:51

Frank the Tank wrote:Mike Carey out at CBS.

I'll miss him. I loved his near-one-hundred percent inaccuracy ratio. You could make a fortune betting against him.

Never forget the fucking alien dome he sports
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby TVF wannabe » 14 Jun 2016, 15:27

Not surprised he's out, I liked him though so I feel bad for him but he was in over his head and was a flop. I think they realize that they can make do without him and not having anyone is a better option than not having the right guy.

Pereira set a high bar.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby mj3528 » 14 Jun 2016, 15:34

TVF wannabe wrote:

Not surprised he's out, I liked him though so I feel bad for him but he was in over his head and was a flop. I think they realize that they can make do without him and not having anyone is a better option than not having the right guy.

Pereira set a high bar.

My favorite was when Jim Nantz had to try to gently convince both Mike Carey and Phil Simms they were wrong when Nantz had the issue correct.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 26 Jul 2016, 10:15

No more Tom Jackson on ESPN. Matters a lot less to me now then it would have a decade or so ago, but still seems pretty shitty. Weird that he won't be around when Berman leaves either.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 26 Jul 2016, 10:21

That show was great in the early-mid 90's.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby chrisco » 25 Sep 2016, 16:52

CBS - I do not enjoy seeing a table with the QB's last ten pass attempts. It does nothing to help me follow the game. Please stop.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Nov 2016, 12:00

I think Tirico has been really good on SNF. I'd be fine with him replacing Michaels full time. Don't @ me.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TVF wannabe » 28 Nov 2016, 12:01

Briandong79 wrote:I think Tirico has been really good on SNF. I'd be fine with him replacing Michaels full time. Don't @ me.

I still like Michaels better but he really has been very good. ESPN should watch and learn
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Nov 2016, 12:16

TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I think Tirico has been really good on SNF. I'd be fine with him replacing Michaels full time. Don't @ me.

I still like Michaels better but he really has been very good. ESPN should watch and learn

What do you mean by that espn remark?

I like Tirico better than AM. I cant stand Michaels for some reason.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mj3528 » 28 Nov 2016, 12:17

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:

Because he is good, and you do not enjoy quality in your media presentations.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby TVF wannabe » 28 Nov 2016, 12:18

TVF wannabe wrote:

Their MNF broadcast hasn't been great for the last few years even with Tirico. He wasn't their issue.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Nov 2016, 12:23

TVF wannabe wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:

Their MNF broadcast hasn't been great for the last few years even with Tirico. He wasn't their issue.

I am admittedly a hypocrite on this. But here is what i think:

- MNF should have its own voice. Tirico did every sport for ESPN, and same with McDonough. Stick Brent on there, have him do the You Are Looking Live and make it an event, god dammit.
- SNF tries to make itself feel like an event, and they beat you over the head with their presentation. I hate the whole thing. The Underwood song is like 7 minutes, they use the same stupid music going into every break and out of every break. Get over yourselves. I cant even watch it. I hate when the Eagles are on it and I have to sit thru it.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby CourtesyFlush » 28 Nov 2016, 12:27

TVF wannabe wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:

I am admittedly a hypocrite on this. But here is what i think:

- MNF should have its own voice. Tirico did every sport for ESPN, and same with McDonough. Stick Brent on there, have him do the You Are Looking Live and make it an event, god dammit.
- SNF tries to make itself feel like an event, and they beat you over the head with their presentation. I hate the whole thing. The Underwood song is like 7 minutes, they use the same stupid music going into every break and out of every break. Get over yourselves. I cant even watch it. I hate when the Eagles are on it and I have to sit thru it.

If they stick Brent on MNF he's automatically a bigger deal than the actual game and we know King Goodell wants the NFL to be the main attraction. So while I'm sure Brent and ESPN would like to have him calling those games I'm guessing Fuckface Rog wouldn't let it happen.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to NFL