Eric Dickerson's Goggles--The Rams Thread

Eric Dickerson's Goggles--The Rams Thread

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 06 Sep 2007, 16:37

Here's to the St. Louis Rams of Anaheim and Los Angeles via Cleveland.

Let's see how my predictions fare:


Sun 9/9 Carolina -- WIN
Sun 9/16 San Francisco -- WIN
Sun 9/23 at Tampa Bay -- WIN
Sun 9/30 at Dallas -- LOSS
Sun 10/7 Arizona -- WIN
Sun 10/14 at Baltimore -- LOSS
Sun 10/21 at Seattle -- LOSS
Sun 10/28 Cleveland -- WIN
bye
Sun 11/11 at New Orleans -- LOSS
Sun 11/18 at San Francisco -- LOSS
Sun 11/25 Seattle -- WIN
Sun 12/2 Atlanta -- WIN
Sun 12/9 at Cincinnati -- LOSS
Sun 12/16 Green Bay -- WIN
Thu 12/20 Pittsburgh -- WIN
Sun 12/30 at Arizona -- WIN

I'm saying 10-6 hopefully.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17957
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Artist formerly known as Greatest Show on Turf -- STL

Postby Fletch » 06 Sep 2007, 16:47

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Here's to the St. Louis Rams of Anaheim and Los Angeles via Cleveland.

Let's see how my predictions fare:


Sun 9/9 Carolina -- WIN
Sun 9/16 San Francisco -- WIN
Sun 9/23 at Tampa Bay -- WIN
Sun 9/30 at Dallas -- LOSS
Sun 10/7 Arizona -- WIN
Sun 10/14 at Baltimore -- LOSS
Sun 10/21 at Seattle -- LOSS
Sun 10/28 Cleveland -- WIN
bye
Sun 11/11 at New Orleans -- LOSS
Sun 11/18 at San Francisco -- LOSS
Sun 11/25 Seattle -- WIN
Sun 12/2 Atlanta -- WIN
Sun 12/9 at Cincinnati -- LOSS
Sun 12/16 Green Bay -- WIN
Thu 12/20 Pittsburgh -- WIN
Sun 12/30 at Arizona -- WIN

I'm saying 10-6 hopefully.


That's some home-field advantage you're giving them. 8-0? They may end up with that record, but they ain't going undeated at home and 2-6 on the road to do it.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
User avatar
Fletch
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 10:19
Location: Number 2

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 06 Sep 2007, 16:51

Yeah, I can see them losing to Steelers or Seattle at home or maybe both.

I'm sure they can steal a road win somewhere, maybe SF or SEA. Probably end up at 9-7.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17957
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 10 Sep 2007, 16:56

Orlando Pace done for the year. Shit.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17957
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Postby kaskomm09 » 10 Sep 2007, 16:59

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Orlando Pace done for the year. Shit.


A co-worker and I were having a convo about him and maybe you can answer it... how good is he anymore? Is he still elite or is he merely just above average and living off his rep? It's hard to know when O-linemen decline in their career paths without many metrics to statistically tell you.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Postby Durden » 10 Sep 2007, 17:09

kaskomm09 wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Orlando Pace done for the year. Shit.


A co-worker and I were having a convo about him and maybe you can answer it... how good is he anymore? Is he still elite or is he merely just above average and living off his rep? It's hard to know when O-linemen decline in their career paths without many metrics to statistically tell you.


Jonathan Ogden is 2 years older, though far more physically imposing...he's a guy that definitely isn't what he used to be, but he's still one of the top left tackles in the game because of his strength, awareness and technique...i would guess that Pace is probably at a similar point in his career, though curious to hear from someone who follows the Rams.
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.


2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
User avatar
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: 22 May 2007, 10:49

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 24 Sep 2007, 16:26

Wow was I wrong abouth this team. Great Prevent Offense you guys are running, coach Linehan.

Steven Jackson out this week at Dallas (partially torn groin), week to week after that.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17957
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Postby Dick Hertz » 24 Sep 2007, 16:29

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Wow was I wrong abouth this team. Great Prevent Offense you guys are running, coach Linehan.

Steven Jackson out this week at Dallas (partially torn groin), week to week after that.


What the hell is wrong with Bulger? - and thanks for the Jackson update, I didn't know that he was hurt
User avatar
Dick Hertz
Gray
 
Posts: 4223
Joined: 12 Apr 2006, 18:13

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 25 Sep 2007, 08:32

Dick Hertz wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Wow was I wrong abouth this team. Great Prevent Offense you guys are running, coach Linehan.

Steven Jackson out this week at Dallas (partially torn groin), week to week after that.


What the hell is wrong with Bulger? - and thanks for the Jackson update, I didn't know that he was hurt


Eh, apparently he played with two broken ribs. If the coaching staff knew that, why not play Frerotte? If they didn't want to play Frerotte, why pay him $2 million/year? This coaching staff is clueless.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17957
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Postby Theny » 25 Sep 2007, 08:33

Gus Frerotte rules. :sniff:
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30223
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 22 Oct 2007, 20:56

Did anybody catch Linehan's press conference today? Hilarious.

Now there's a guy on the verge of a breakdown.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
User avatar
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5825
Joined: 09 Jan 2006, 18:18
Location: getting revenge on hookers

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Oct 2007, 21:11

The only clip I heard was one of the radio guys in town asking him why he doesn't run trick plays ike Rutgers to at least make it seem like they are trying and then Linehan saying maybe he'd give the guy a call.

Yup, I was spot on with my 10-6 prediction.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17957
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Postby Durden » 22 Oct 2007, 21:25

they kneeled out the clock last week in Baltimore, late in the 4th quarter, after they ran a play unsuccessfully on 1st down...they, of course, were losing.

one of the most pathetic things i've ever seen in football...sadly, it'll probably be the highlight of the Ravens' season :sniff:
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.


2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
User avatar
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: 22 May 2007, 10:49

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 22 Oct 2007, 21:29

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:The only clip I heard was one of the radio guys in town asking him why he doesn't run trick plays ike Rutgers to at least make it seem like they are trying and then Linehan saying maybe he'd give the guy a call.


Yeah, that's what I saw. I love when reporters get shown up like that.

"Yeah, that's a good idea. We'll just watch TV and get plays from there."
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
User avatar
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5825
Joined: 09 Jan 2006, 18:18
Location: getting revenge on hookers

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Oct 2007, 22:33

That reporter used to work in KC a year or so ago and was BANNED from the Royals' stadium.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17957
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Next

Return to NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest