Butthurt in Boston: the Patriots Thread hosted by Kite

Butthurt in Boston: the Patriots Thread hosted by Kite

Postby sportsdorkhater » 18 Aug 2006, 00:15

Figured it was time for a new thread for the upcoming season.

Let's start with some weird news that I actually found on NFLO's site: Junior Seau un-retires to sign with the Pats

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/w ... .patriots/
Last edited by sportsdorkhater on 27 Nov 2007, 23:41, edited 2 times in total.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Re: Patriots 2006-2007

Postby Rickey Sez » 18 Aug 2006, 00:20

sportsdorkhater wrote:Figured it was time for a new thread for the upcoming season.

Let's start with some weird news that I actually found on NFLO's site: Junior Seau un-retires to sign with the Pats

[nova]MOG! Every HOFer wunts 2 pla 4 a bostob teem! y is there no such theng us a salury c4ap in NLF? Boston just bis efry plaur it wntz. NFC is so week.[/nova]
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby mister bacon » 18 Aug 2006, 00:24

i just dont know abou that one. for some reason i dont think its gonna work.

i really hope they arent relying upon him in any role as a backup other than 3rd string.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Theny » 18 Aug 2006, 07:04

I thought I was hallucinating when I saw that on espn's ticker last night. Does this set the all time sports record for shortest retirement or what? Obviously, he wants a shot at a ring, but he should've just stayed in the MIA for that. ;)
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby SouthernYokel » 18 Aug 2006, 08:24

i seriously think that miami has at least as good a shot at the super bowl as new england does. I wonder why he did that. Maybe he has a problem with saban?
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Theny » 18 Aug 2006, 08:29

SouthernYokel wrote:i seriously think that miami has at least as good a shot at the super bowl as new england does. I wonder why he did that. Maybe he has a problem with saban?

That could be...they DID change their defense last year and though he was hurt, he didn't play much at all.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby JichaelDick » 18 Aug 2006, 09:06

Well, crap! It invalidates the whole "I GRADUATED, not retired," speech he gave the other day.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 18 Aug 2006, 09:10

JichaelDick wrote:Well, crap! It invalidates the whole "I GRADUATED, not retired," speech he gave the other day.

J-Deezey, if you are Seau and you have the opportunity to play for such world class fans in a world class city like Boston, MA, I mean you have to take that opportunity.

I can see it now, "We're gonna be wicked awesome this yeeeeah. With Jooon-ya and Tedy patrollin da middle of da field, 13-3 baby!"
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Theny » 18 Aug 2006, 09:15

So what's the status on Branch's holdout? Are they any closer to paying him?
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby NFL Outsider » 18 Aug 2006, 10:19

sportsdorkhater wrote:Figured it was time for a new thread for the upcoming season.

Don't sound so surprised.
NFL Outsider
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby sportsdorkhater » 18 Aug 2006, 10:23

NFL Outsider wrote:

Don't sound so surprised.

haha, I guess that did sound like a back-handed compliment. :D
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Scoring Machine » 18 Aug 2006, 23:13

I thought the signing of Junior Seau's Corpose was pretty funny too.

He was a shell of his former self in Miami.....

Now??? ugh
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby ScottJergenson » 20 Aug 2006, 10:04

Theny wrote:So what's the status on Branch's holdout? Are they any closer to paying him?

No, he's asking for #1 WR money and he is not a #1 WR. They've offered him 5-6mill a year (which I think is fair), but evidently he wants more in the 7 range, which means he's out of his fucking mind. I can assure you that if your team signs Deion Branch for 7 million a year, you're going to be dissapointed. He's a good receiver, but to say that Tom Brady hasn't had a positive effect on him is ridiculous. Ask Redskins fans how David Patten worked out for them for clarification (he looked like a solid to good WR for the pats, barely plays for the skins).

I'm excited to see how they use Dillon and Maroney this year, Maroney looks pretty damn good in the preseason thus far.
ScottJergenson
Another dude worth meeting

Postby tplant » 20 Aug 2006, 13:24

ScottJergenson wrote:
Theny wrote:So what's the status on Branch's holdout? Are they any closer to paying him?

No, he's asking for #1 WR money and he is not a #1 WR. They've offered him 5-6mill a year (which I think is fair), but evidently he wants more in the 7 range, which means he's out of his fucking mind. I can assure you that if your team signs Deion Branch for 7 million a year, you're going to be dissapointed. He's a good receiver, but to say that Tom Brady hasn't had a positive effect on him is ridiculous. Ask Redskins fans how David Patten worked out for them for clarification (he looked like a solid to good WR for the pats, barely plays for the skins).

I'm excited to see how they use Dillon and Maroney this year, Maroney looks pretty damn good in the preseason thus far.

i thought the contract that they offered him was apparently back loaded like crazy whic his why he turned it down. Apparently he wants in the 5-6 range per year and not the typical pats contract that dishes out 12 mil in the last 3 years which no player ever sees. This is one of the few hold outs that I have ever actually supported, apparently hes willing to hold out as long as needed.
tplant
n00b

Postby PhillyJim76 » 20 Aug 2006, 15:24

who cares about branch, all you need is brady and st. bill anyway.....
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Next

Return to NFL