Panthers Congrats on 2-14

Panthers Congrats on 2-14

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Aug 2006, 08:12

This may be another edition of "Home runs and offensive mascots" with one person posting to himself, but i'm willing to take that chance.

Panthers preseason game on saturday - as perfect as it could be. First team offense takes 6 plays to drive down the field and score; and Delhomme goes 5-6 with a TD in his lone drive. The defense was on the field for 3 series which went: 3 and out, 3 and out, INT by Ken Lucas for a TD.

DeAngelo Williams looks pretty good too, though he may be one of those guys that goes -2 yds, -1 yd, 20 yds. That could be a problem since Deshaun Foster is the same kind of back. Nobody on this team is really a consistent 4 yard run threat, except maybe Eric Shelton from Louisville that was hurt last year.
Last edited by SouthernYokel on 21 Dec 2015, 08:15, edited 9 times in total.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28007
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Your Carolina Panthers

Postby ctz31 » 14 Aug 2006, 09:48

SouthernYokel wrote:This may be another edition of "Home runs and offensive mascots" with one person posting to himself, but i'm willing to take that chance.

Panthers preseason game on saturday - as perfect as it could be. First team offense takes 6 plays to drive down the field and score; and Delhomme goes 5-6 with a TD in his lone drive. The defense was on the field for 3 series which went: 3 and out, 3 and out, INT by Ken Lucas for a TD.

DeAngelo Williams looks pretty good too, though he may be one of those guys that goes -2 yds, -1 yd, 20 yds. That could be a problem since Deshaun Foster is the same kind of back. Nobody on this team is really a consistent 4 yard run threat, except maybe Eric Shelton from Louisville that was hurt last year.


Against the Bills! Ha!
User avatar
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD
 
Posts: 8410
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Aug 2006, 09:49

yeah, i know. But the defense was pretty impressive nonetheless.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28007
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Postby CT4SOX » 14 Aug 2006, 10:08

Do I get to play the role of other sister? I think this is the best team the Panthers have fielded talent-wise in franchise history. They've got some beasts on the lines, probably the best cb duo in the league, big time playmaking threats in SS and Foster, and a QB whose shown the ability to come through in the clutch. If the Panthers can avoid injuries to the big names, which is a big fuckin' if, there's no reason why they shouldn't make it back to the SB.
2007 SOTSG March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
User avatar
CT4SOX
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 209
Joined: 22 Nov 2004, 19:00
Location: Not English Class

Postby PrettyKimmy » 14 Aug 2006, 10:10

Are we going to have a thread for every team? Boooring.
User avatar
PrettyKimmy
Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson
 
Posts: 920
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:37
Location: Most Accurate Holder Land

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Aug 2006, 10:10

Yeah, i think they can be very good as long as no one gets hurt. That D-line is monstrous too. Peppers could have a record breaking season if the other guys stay healthy. When he gets a 1 on 1 matchup, he's unstoppable.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28007
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Aug 2006, 10:20

DeAngelo Williams is NOT that good. Against decent defenses (Ole Miss last year), he was bottled up. His numbers were good, but for Christ's sake, it was against C-USA defenses. I still think this Panthers team is as good as they've had ever, but the one question mark for me is will Keyshawn Johnson fuck the team up when he doesn't get his 8 touches a game?
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 24681
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Postby Rickey Sez » 14 Aug 2006, 10:20

PrettyKimmy wrote:Are we going to have a thread for every team? Boooring.


If you're bored, leave.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
User avatar
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:25

Postby CT4SOX » 14 Aug 2006, 10:20

SouthernYokel wrote:Yeah, i think they can be very good as long as no one gets hurt. That D-line is monstrous too. Peppers could have a record breaking season if the other guys stay healthy. When he gets a 1 on 1 matchup, he's unstoppable.


I think picking up Kemoeatu from the Ravens was probably the best pickup for the panthers this offseason. That guys a damn hoss who should take the double team away from Peppers. You put him and Jenkins together, Peppers and Rucker should have a field day.
2007 SOTSG March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
User avatar
CT4SOX
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 209
Joined: 22 Nov 2004, 19:00
Location: Not English Class

Postby PrettyKimmy » 14 Aug 2006, 10:26

Rickey Sez wrote:
PrettyKimmy wrote:Are we going to have a thread for every team? Boooring.


If you're bored, leave.


There's at least 9 threads devoted to an individual team. Why not just post about a specific team in the upcoming season thread?
User avatar
PrettyKimmy
Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson
 
Posts: 920
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:37
Location: Most Accurate Holder Land

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Aug 2006, 10:27

JichaelDick wrote:DeAngelo Williams is NOT that good. Against decent defenses (Ole Miss last year), he was bottled up. His numbers were good, but for Christ's sake, it was against C-USA defenses. I still think this Panthers team is as good as they've had ever, but the one question mark for me is will Keyshawn Johnson fuck the team up when he doesn't get his 8 touches a game?


He also had a CUSA offensive line there jichael.

And PK, you're just pissed because your thread makes fun of peyton.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28007
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Postby Rickey Sez » 14 Aug 2006, 10:28

PrettyKimmy wrote:
Rickey Sez wrote:
PrettyKimmy wrote:Are we going to have a thread for every team? Boooring.


If you're bored, leave.


There's at least 9 threads devoted to an individual team. Why not just post about a specific team in the upcoming season thread?


That gets clunky. No one wants to fish through posts when they're looking for information on one specific team.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
User avatar
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:25

Postby PrettyKimmy » 14 Aug 2006, 10:28

SouthernYokel wrote:And PK, you're just pissed because your thread makes fun of peyton.


I would expect nothing more from you worthless jerks. Jerks!
User avatar
PrettyKimmy
Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson
 
Posts: 920
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:37
Location: Most Accurate Holder Land

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Aug 2006, 10:29

SouthernYokel wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:DeAngelo Williams is NOT that good. Against decent defenses (Ole Miss last year), he was bottled up. His numbers were good, but for Christ's sake, it was against C-USA defenses. I still think this Panthers team is as good as they've had ever, but the one question mark for me is will Keyshawn Johnson fuck the team up when he doesn't get his 8 touches a game?


He also had a CUSA offensive line there jichael.

And PK, you're just pissed because your thread makes fun of peyton.


Memphis' O-line was as good as some SEC o-lines (Kentucky, Ole Miss, Alabama, I'm looking in your direction). Having said that, I could just be annoyed by the fact that Williams did jack shit against Ole Miss (which has never been the best rush D, even last year). I actually hope he does well for you guys, except against the Falcons, who we both know are winning the NFC South's wild card spot
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 24681
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Postby ONTB » 14 Aug 2006, 10:29

I'm going to get to one Panthers home game this season, I was thinking Cowboys on the OCT 29, but that may be tough to physically get to after USC home to Tennessee the day or night before.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5430
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Next

Return to NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests