Silver and Black: Your Oakland Raiders

Silver and Black: Your Oakland Raiders

Postby DirtDawg » 24 Jul 2006, 13:01

This thread is dedicated to the Silver and Black Attack: the Oakland Raiders.

Now that Norvbert Turner has been fired, hopefully the rebuilding process can truly begin.

Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks are not the answer at QB! But they are an upgrade over Kerry "Donkey Raping Shit Eater" Collins.

The Defense needs a lot of work, especially the D-Line.

Art Shell is not a long term solution but he's an upgrade over Norvbert.

2006 predicted record: 5-11 (with a win over the hated Broncos. Believe it, bitches!)
Last edited by DirtDawg on 05 Oct 2011, 12:47, edited 6 times in total.
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby Theny » 24 Jul 2006, 13:06

Sounds like a promising season in Oakland. Anyone think Moss will demand a trade soon if they keep sucking?
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 Jul 2006, 13:17

Whats the beef with Kerry Collins? You dont like pin-point accuracy and a cannon arm? Oh, ok.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby DirtDawg » 24 Jul 2006, 13:20

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Whats the beef with Kerry Collins? You dont like pin-point accuracy and a cannon arm? Oh, ok.

I loved his piss poor decision making and penchant for fumbling & throwing picks.

Pin-point accuracy and a rocket arm aren't necessary to be a NFL QB, IMHO.
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby Fletch » 24 Jul 2006, 13:21

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Whats the beef with Kerry Collins? You dont like pin-point accuracy and a cannon arm? Oh, ok.

I don't understand the hate on Collins, either.

No one will accuse him of being the best QB out there, and he runs only slightly better than a turtle, but the guy is almost guaranteed to hit 3500 yards a year. In the right system (and a few years ago), he could have been what Kurt Warner used to be. As it stands, he's a bit old now, but certainly not worthy of hate.

Besides, Brooks is essentially the same guy, only with better wheels and worse decisions. He'll frustrate Raiders fans more than Collins ever did, seeing as how his whole career has been plagued by the word POTENTIAL.
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 Jul 2006, 13:22

DirtDawg wrote:

I loved his piss poor decision making and penchant for fumbling & throwing picks.

I dont think Brooks is an upgrade at all...............Does anyone know if Collins is on a roster this year?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Jul 2006, 13:23

Collins is an alky who the panthers wasted a fucking first round pick on. Steve Beurlein outplayed him in his last season at Carolina. STEVE BEURLEIN. I can't even spell his name right, and he was better than Kerry Fucking Collins-Strug.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby DirtDawg » 24 Jul 2006, 13:25

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:

I don't understand the hate on Collins, either.

No one will accuse him of being the best QB out there, and he runs only slightly better than a turtle, but the guy is almost guaranteed to hit 3500 yards a year. In the right system (and a few years ago), he could have been what Kurt Warner used to be. As it stands, he's a bit old now, but certainly not worthy of hate.

Besides, Brooks is essentially the same guy, only with better wheels and worse decisions. He'll frustrate Raiders fans more than Collins ever did, seeing as how his whole career has been plagued by the word POTENTIAL.

The years he was successful in NY, the Giant ground game was strong and the D held the scores low. Hence, Toomer and Hilliard never caught a ton of TDs.

In Oakland, the ground game was never over powering and the defense was too shitty to bail him out, so Collins ended up throwing tons of picks and dropping multiple interceptions. Think about it: he had Moss and Jerry Porter to throw to last year and Oakland still only managed to win a handful of games.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby Fletch » 24 Jul 2006, 13:26

SouthernYokel wrote:Collins is an alky who the panthers wasted a fucking first round pick on. Steve Beurlein outplayed him in his last season at Carolina. STEVE BEURLEIN. I can't even spell his name right, and he was better than Kerry Fucking Collins-Strug.

Yea...all he did was lead the Panthers to the NFC title game. He blows.

I'm not saying you're wrong. But shouldn't you be mad at Carolina's coaches then?
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Jul 2006, 13:26

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Collins is an alky who the panthers wasted a fucking first round pick on. Steve Beurlein outplayed him in his last season at Carolina. STEVE BEURLEIN. I can't even spell his name right, and he was better than Kerry Fucking Collins-Strug.

Yea...all he did was lead the Panthers to the NFC title game. He blows.

I'm not saying you're wrong. But shouldn't you be mad at Carolina's coaches then?

I am mad at carolina's coaches for doing that. Look at Dom Capers now. Doing/did the same fucking thing to Houston.

ETA - it was Carolina's defense that took them to the title game. That was a fantastic (if very old and only good for one season) side of the ball.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Fletch » 24 Jul 2006, 13:36

DirtDawg wrote:The years he was successful in NY, the Giant ground game was strong and the D held the scores low. Hence, Toomer and Hilliard never caught a ton of TDs.

In Oakland, the ground game was never over powering and the defense was too shitty to bail him out, so Collins ended up throwing tons of picks and dropping multiple interceptions. Think about it: he had Moss and Jerry Porter to throw to last year and Oakland still only managed to win a handful of games.

I don't know how many games you watched last year, but I watched plenty, as I had Moss on my fantasy team. Three things:

A) The playcalling blew. They never even threw at their receivers - I don't know how much of that can be placed on Collins.

B) Jerry Porter blows. What a disappointment. The guy has like 3 good games a year. However, this may be tied to point A.

C) Collins TD-INT ratio last year was 20-12. That ain't that bad at all. As for the year before - no Moss.

Don't get me wrong - I don't love Collins or anything. But I do think he gets a really bad rap. Outside of his alky situations in Carolina and his fumblitis, he's been an above average QB his whole career. You could do a lot worse - Kyle Boller? Patrick Ramsey?
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby DirtDawg » 24 Jul 2006, 13:36

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
DirtDawg wrote:

I dont think Brooks is an upgrade at all...............Does anyone know if Collins is on a roster this year?

The last sentence was a little sarcastic, actually. Collins, Bledsoe, Weinke, Boller, Carr, Harrington, and a whole slew of others are prototypical QBs: big strong guys who can throw the ball a mile. But, they don't always produce. Drafts are littered with these guys: Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer, Ryan Leaf, Jim Rapenmiller, Gino Toretta, etc.

I'm not saying Brooks is an upgrade. I was incredibly pissed they didn't take Leinart (who, paradoxically, is a prototypical QB) b/c Brooks and Collins are QBs who throw a ton of picks and make shitty decisions in the pocket.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby Theny » 24 Jul 2006, 13:36

SouthernYokel wrote:I am mad at carolina's coaches for doing that. Look at Dom Capers now. Doing/did the same fucking thing to Houston.

Dom Capers is now leading a SB caliber defense, baby!
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Gaylord » 24 Jul 2006, 13:42

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:A) The playcalling blew. They never even threw at their receivers - I don't know how much of that can be placed on Collins.

I agree with this,
plus Moss was only at about 75% last year, a healthy Moss is a very dangerous, just look at how he made Daunte look competent for 3 years, and what happened to Fatty Culpepper without him. They should chuck it deep to Moss at least 4 times a game, Collins, who has one of the best arms in the game, did it about 4 times the whole season...
TheDooze - I'll win with stories, and Tom Brady-esque swagger

IhateTomBrady - Tom Brady-esque swagger? Is that code for walking bow-legged from the ass reaming your boyfriend gave you the night before Dooze?
Gaylord
Etiquette Instructor

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Jul 2006, 13:43

Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:I am mad at carolina's coaches for doing that. Look at Dom Capers now. Doing/did the same fucking thing to Houston.

Dom Capers is now leading a SB caliber defense, baby!

Capers should never be anything higher than a defensive coordinator. Letting him draft a team/ build one from the ground up is suicide.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Next

Return to NFL