Peter King

Re: Peter King

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Jun 2016, 14:02

CourtesyFlush wrote:For Frank, Orez, and Garb from this week's MMQB:
PK wrote:d. As a Red Sox partisan, I’d rather see the groundskeeper start in five days than hand the ball to Clay Buchholz again. It’s over. Thanks for the no-hitter, no hard feelings, etc. Now, can we all move on?

Almost missed this from the CheeseDong-esque one-upping from Lurch.

Clay is a terrible pitcher who wears bedazzled jeans and should go pitch in the NL West where he'll win 18 games for the next five years. I'll drive him to the air-port. /balls
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Jun 2016, 14:20

babylurch wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
babylurch wrote:
OJ8871440 wrote:
There’s something emotional, when you’re a person of a certain age, about driving on the road, over the same spot, where the assassination of John F. Kennedy occurred. Staying in Dallas for a few days, I drove four times over the precise spot where Lee Harvey Oswald’s bullet killed Kennedy. Each time it was a little chilling. Glancing over at the former Texas School Book Depository, and realizing how far Oswald was from JFK, and that Kennedy was a moving target, you realize what a marksman the guy must have been. Just a sad moment, every time I drive past—yet it’s a compelling place for me to go.

What a shot

When I was there, I was surprised at how easy a shot it seemed.

the limousine comes right in the kill zone so it seemed really easy from the vantage point. Oswald did wait a bit so it is a little harder as the limousine is driving away, but didn't seem all that difficult. I remember thinking it was a perfect spot to set up for Oswald.

DID NONE OF YOU SEE THE CLIP I POSTED?! The easy shot is when he's coming right at "Oswald" before the turn. FFS.

Doesn't matter though since George H.W. Bush was organzing the turkey shoot via the Grassy Knoll with E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgiss. Read a book.

I have read 38 books this year.
I also have seen someone make the shot sequence that Oswald made. Looked like nbd to me.

The shot sequence sure, but now we're in Magic Bullet territory...
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby babylurch » 28 Jun 2016, 15:29

babylurch wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
babylurch wrote:
OJ8871440 wrote:
There’s something emotional, when you’re a person of a certain age, about driving on the road, over the same spot, where the assassination of John F. Kennedy occurred. Staying in Dallas for a few days, I drove four times over the precise spot where Lee Harvey Oswald’s bullet killed Kennedy. Each time it was a little chilling. Glancing over at the former Texas School Book Depository, and realizing how far Oswald was from JFK, and that Kennedy was a moving target, you realize what a marksman the guy must have been. Just a sad moment, every time I drive past—yet it’s a compelling place for me to go.

What a shot

When I was there, I was surprised at how easy a shot it seemed.

the limousine comes right in the kill zone so it seemed really easy from the vantage point. Oswald did wait a bit so it is a little harder as the limousine is driving away, but didn't seem all that difficult. I remember thinking it was a perfect spot to set up for Oswald.

DID NONE OF YOU SEE THE CLIP I POSTED?! The easy shot is when he's coming right at "Oswald" before the turn. FFS.

Doesn't matter though since George H.W. Bush was organzing the turkey shoot via the Grassy Knoll with E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgiss. Read a book.

I have read 38 books this year.
I also have seen someone make the shot sequence that Oswald made. Looked like nbd to me.

The shot sequence sure, but now we're in Magic Bullet territory...

Makes a wonderful smoothie.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Jun 2016, 15:51

excellent orgasm as well
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Goose » 12 Sep 2016, 10:25

Did anybody else hear Dan Patrick say that PK won't be on SNF any more, or did I just imagine that?

I guess America wasn't ready for this every week.

Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby CourtesyFlush » 19 Sep 2016, 08:55

This is why PK is insufferable:

PK in today's MMQB wrote:k. If it’s possible to be behind a person more than 100 percent, then I’m 105 percent behind Megan Rapinoe.

And then later in the his 10 things:

v. There’s drone racing on TV? Stop the world. I want to get off.

He goes from hipster 'look at me I'm supporting the less-than-popular activist' to 'get off my lawn'.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 05 Oct 2016, 13:09

Normally I wouldn’t want to name a player who missed a quarter of his team’s games the MVP. But I will make an exception for Sam Bradford.

:-s
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby CourtesyFlush » 05 Oct 2016, 13:10

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Normally I wouldn’t want to name a player who missed a quarter of his team’s games the MVP. But I will make an exception for Sam Bradford.

#Dilfered /someone in Minnesota #RIPMTM
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 05 Oct 2016, 13:20

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

I heard some made up stat yesterday on the radio that Bradford is the most accurate quarterback in the league at hitting the spot where the ball is intended to go. The, thoughts?
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Oct 2016, 13:22

ctz31 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

I heard some made up stat yesterday on the radio that Bradford is the most accurate quarterback in the league at hitting the spot where the ball is intended to go. The, thoughts?

Yeah at 5 yards and fewer no doubt.

The guy sucks.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Oct 2016, 13:24

ctz31 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

Sounds like a killer system.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby CourtesyFlush » 14 Nov 2016, 11:44

PK, please stay out of politics forever.

He won fair and square. Accept it. It will come as such a surprise (NOT!) to many of my longtime readers that I voted for Hillary Clinton and supported her enthusiastically. Though the tenor of the campaign was vile, Trump touched a nerve in many Americans, particularly in economically distressed areas of the Rust Belt and flyover America, and figured out how to win the battleground states. Congratulations to him. And I am glad that this election has taught us coastal people (or should have) that the people who live in a yuge area of the country—from Wilkes-Barre all the way west to Coeur d’Alene, from Missoula all the way south and southeast to Baton Rouge—should be heard, loud and clear. I’ve always felt whether I liked a candidate or not, after the election it’s best to support the winner. Whether he is the president for four or eight years, however long it is, we need to do what’s best for the country now. Having said that, citizens need to be vigilant, and to be heard. The xenophobic sentiment expressed during the campaign by Trump and many of his supporters is not what this country is about. If he tries to roll back any gay or LGBT rights, I’ll be in full-throated anger against him. He’s got to find a way to build a workable, tolerant immigration policy instead of a wall. Overall, Trump’s biggest job is to unite the country now, which will be difficult. But it’s his job. I wish the former New Jersey Generals owner well.

And just a few paragraphs later he laments why the system should be changed

And about the Electoral College … By late day Sunday, Fox News had Clinton ahead in the popular vote, 60,981,118 to 60,350,241. Math wiz that I am, that translates to this reality of the 2016 election: Hillary Clinton won the average American state by 12,618 votes. But it doesn’t matter, because Trump won the Electoral College vote decisively. There are 538 electors nationwide in the 50 states and Washington D.C., and 48 states are winner-take-all. The Electoral College was born in 1787, spurred by small states that feared having no power and influence over the larger states with much bigger populations. And though it’s clearly outmoded 229 years later, it’s never been changed, despite the fact that five times in 45 elections, the candidate winning the popular vote lost the election because he/she lost the Electoral College vote. Basically, the two major candidates only had to campaign heavily in the eight or so states that were going to be clearly contested (Florida, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Arizona, and as it turned out, Wisconsin), because the other states were all but decided, and so the popular vote in those states just didn’t matter. I asked a Stanford professor, Doug McAdam, who has written on the Electoral College and political science, about its significance. “It’s huge,” McAdam said. “They call this a national election, but in reality, it’s an election contested in six or seven states. Once you find out you’re in a state where your vote really doesn’t matter, you disengage. Imagine if we did away with the electoral college tomorrow. Every vote would count the same. The candidates would have to logistically figure out to move around the country and actually engage the citizenry significant more. That would be a net gain for American democracy. Why don’t we repeal it? There’s a genuine puzzlement why we don’t.”

So which is it, PK? Accept the outcome or change the rules to get your desired result?

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Nov 2016, 11:46

I didn't even know what the Electoral College was. Never even heard of it before. I thought it was some sort of Home Depot university. Whatever, I'm always drunk and eating ass!
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 14 Nov 2016, 11:48

If there's one thing I don't want to do, it's defend Peter King, but... You can accept the outcome and try to support the winner while still thinking it's a stupid system.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mj3528 » 14 Nov 2016, 11:50

CourtesyFlush wrote:PK, please stay out of politics forever.

He won fair and square. Accept it. It will come as such a surprise (NOT!) to many of my longtime readers that I voted for Hillary Clinton and supported her enthusiastically. Though the tenor of the campaign was vile, Trump touched a nerve in many Americans, particularly in economically distressed areas of the Rust Belt and flyover America, and figured out how to win the battleground states. Congratulations to him. And I am glad that this election has taught us coastal people (or should have) that the people who live in a yuge area of the country—from Wilkes-Barre all the way west to Coeur d’Alene, from Missoula all the way south and southeast to Baton Rouge—should be heard, loud and clear. I’ve always felt whether I liked a candidate or not, after the election it’s best to support the winner. Whether he is the president for four or eight years, however long it is, we need to do what’s best for the country now. Having said that, citizens need to be vigilant, and to be heard. The xenophobic sentiment expressed during the campaign by Trump and many of his supporters is not what this country is about. If he tries to roll back any gay or LGBT rights, I’ll be in full-throated anger against him. He’s got to find a way to build a workable, tolerant immigration policy instead of a wall. Overall, Trump’s biggest job is to unite the country now, which will be difficult. But it’s his job. I wish the former New Jersey Generals owner well.

And just a few paragraphs later he laments why the system should be changed

And about the Electoral College … By late day Sunday, Fox News had Clinton ahead in the popular vote, 60,981,118 to 60,350,241. Math wiz that I am, that translates to this reality of the 2016 election: Hillary Clinton won the average American state by 12,618 votes. But it doesn’t matter, because Trump won the Electoral College vote decisively. There are 538 electors nationwide in the 50 states and Washington D.C., and 48 states are winner-take-all. The Electoral College was born in 1787, spurred by small states that feared having no power and influence over the larger states with much bigger populations. And though it’s clearly outmoded 229 years later, it’s never been changed, despite the fact that five times in 45 elections, the candidate winning the popular vote lost the election because he/she lost the Electoral College vote. Basically, the two major candidates only had to campaign heavily in the eight or so states that were going to be clearly contested (Florida, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Arizona, and as it turned out, Wisconsin), because the other states were all but decided, and so the popular vote in those states just didn’t matter. I asked a Stanford professor, Doug McAdam, who has written on the Electoral College and political science, about its significance. “It’s huge,” McAdam said. “They call this a national election, but in reality, it’s an election contested in six or seven states. Once you find out you’re in a state where your vote really doesn’t matter, you disengage. Imagine if we did away with the electoral college tomorrow. Every vote would count the same. The candidates would have to logistically figure out to move around the country and actually engage the citizenry significant more. That would be a net gain for American democracy. Why don’t we repeal it? There’s a genuine puzzlement why we don’t.”

So which is it, PK? Accept the outcome or change the rules to get your desired result?

I am terrible at math, but his statement that Hillary won the avergae American state by 12,618 votes is very simplistic even for Peter King. Remove just one state, California, and Trump has won the popular vote easily.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to NFL