Peter King

Re: Peter King

Postby Goose » 14 Nov 2016, 11:55

Gregs Kite wrote:I didn't even know what the Electoral College was. Never even heard of it before. I thought it was some sort of Home Depot university. Whatever, I'm always drunk and eating ass!

Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby ctz31 » 14 Nov 2016, 12:02

Gregs Kite wrote:I didn't even know what the Electoral College was. Never even heard of it before. I thought it was some sort of Home Depot university. Whatever, I'm always drunk and eating ass!

LOL. That was not a forced post at all!
ctz31
#nnf

Postby CourtesyFlush » 19 Dec 2016, 09:18

PK basically scaring the bejeesus out of Pats fans with this:
There’s one potential wild-card weekend matchup that stands above all. Say Green Bay wins the North and is the fourth NFC seed. Say the Giants have the best record of the wild cards and is the fifth NFC seed. Pardon the Packers if very bad memories arise right now. 2007: At Lambeau … Last game of Brett Favre’s Green Bay career … NFC Championship Game … Historically cold day … Favre throws game-losing OT pick … Eli Manning quarterbacks Giants to 23-20 win on way to Super Bowl triumph over Patriots. 2011: At Lambeau … Packers go 15-1 in regular season, rest players in meaningless regular-season finale, look stale in opening divisional game versus Giants … Manning quarterbacks Giants to 37-20 win on way to Super Bowl triumph over Patriots. History can’t repeat itself. Can it?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby CourtesyFlush » 27 Mar 2017, 11:37

x-post to Roger Goodell is a doo doo head:

On Thursday, I asked Goodell, “Why isn't the league put off by being in a place where there is legalized gambling?”
“We are not changing our position as it relates to legalized sports gambling,” Goodell said. “We still don’t think it is a positive thing. We want to make sure that the integrity of our game is the primary concern and we do everything possible to protect that. And that people are watching it for the outcome, and they know that it is not being influenced by any outside influences. We are very determined to continue that, and we will; that's a first priority for us.”

Says the guy who bitches to teams about being forthright with their injury reports. The integrity of the game--I hope he tried saying that with a straight face.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mister bacon » 27 Mar 2017, 11:40

CourtesyFlush wrote:x-post to Roger Goodell is a doo doo head:

On Thursday, I asked Goodell, “Why isn't the league put off by being in a place where there is legalized gambling?”
“We are not changing our position as it relates to legalized sports gambling,” Goodell said. “We still don’t think it is a positive thing. We want to make sure that the integrity of our game is the primary concern and we do everything possible to protect that. And that people are watching it for the outcome, and they know that it is not being influenced by any outside influences. We are very determined to continue that, and we will; that's a first priority for us.”

Says the guy who bitches to teams about being forthright with their injury reports. The integrity of the game--I hope he tried saying that with a straight face.

no one has a stronger incentive to preserve the integrity of the game than vegas tbh.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby mj3528 » 27 Mar 2017, 11:41

mister bacon wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:x-post to Roger Goodell is a doo doo head:

no one has a stronger incentive to preserve the integrity of the game than vegas tbh.

Of course, as I think all major U.S. point shaving scandals have been caught by Vegas.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Mar 2017, 11:44

I dont think Vegas will really support a team. But I also dont know if the league cares about selling tickets long-term anymore. Its all about TV. Til 79 gets his way and the sport is abolished.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby SouthernYokel » 27 Mar 2017, 12:38

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I dont think Vegas will really support a team. But I also dont know if the league cares about selling tickets long-term anymore. Its all about TV. Til 79 gets his way and the sport is abolished.

LA will travel to support this team if they are still good by the time they finally move to vegas. if they suck, i agree, Vegas alone is not big enough. nobody actually lives there.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mister bacon » 27 Mar 2017, 12:42

SouthernYokel wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I dont think Vegas will really support a team. But I also dont know if the league cares about selling tickets long-term anymore. Its all about TV. Til 79 gets his way and the sport is abolished.

LA will travel to support this team if they are still good by the time they finally move to vegas. if they suck, i agree, Vegas alone is not big enough. nobody actually lives there.

right but knowing the schedule there will be travel packages for fans of the away team built around raider's home schedule. the real problem here is that they'll be playing away games like 70% of the time ESPECIALLY for AFC West games since plane tix are cheap from all those cities.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby SouthernYokel » 27 Mar 2017, 12:45

mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

right but knowing the schedule there will be travel packages for fans of the away team built around raider's home schedule. the real problem here is that they'll be playing away games like 70% of the time ESPECIALLY for AFC West games since plane tix are cheap from all those cities.

yeah i'd be very interested in a travel package for a game at the raiders in vegas. assuming my wife isn't menstruating obviously
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 27 Mar 2017, 12:51

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

yeah i'd be very interested in a travel package for a game at the raiders in vegas. assuming my wife isn't menstruating obviously

Yeah, the Vegas Raiders would be the easiest game for me to get to for the Browns.

I went to the a Raiders-Browns game in Oakland a few years ago, and I would estimate that 40% of the crowd was Browns fans.
mj3528
#QM

Postby JT99 » 27 Mar 2017, 19:06

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Yeah, the Vegas Raiders would be the easiest game for me to get to for the Browns.

I went to the a Raiders-Browns game in Oakland a few years ago, and I would estimate that 40% of the crowd was Browns fans.

How much advance notice are you going to need? Few months do it?
Last edited by JT99 on 28 Mar 2017, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Jew Jitsu » 28 Mar 2017, 12:32

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

How many of those 40% are steelers fans now?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby mj3528 » 23 Jun 2017, 12:54

This story about Peter King is from Emily Kaplan who is leaving the MMQB to go to ESPN:

Code: Select all
Now, when you spend a lot of time with Peter, you learn about his quirks. Like, nothing will ever deter him from going to a baseball game. For example, we had one leg on the training camp tour where we had to get from Tampa to Nashville, which is about 700 miles, or a 10-hour drive. Peter polled the van: “Who wants to make a detour to a Braves game for dinner?” And literally every single person in the van said, No, we want to just get there. And Peter says, ‘Okay, we’re going to Atlanta.’ I think it added three hours to the trip. We park that big van on a narrow street in Atlanta, get cheap tickets, scarf a hot dog, some ice cream, maybe a beer, watch an inning and a half of baseball, then got back on the road. Naturally, the excursion concluded with Peter calling a Starbucks on I-75 and convincing them to stay open a few extra minutes so he could get a coffee and ‘something to nosh.’ Those 13-plus hours were pretty much peak Peter King.

Sounds kind of dickish to be honest.
mj3528
#QM

Postby TheWolf » 23 Jun 2017, 13:01

Seriously. She writes that like it's supposed to be a compliment to him or something. He forced a group of people to do something they didn't want to do, and I'm supposed to be impressed by his fortitude or something?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to NFL