Peter King

Peter King

Postby Colonel Angus » 27 Mar 2006, 13:42

As annoying as he can be at times, I still generally enjoy Peter King's column for some of the same reasons TSG mentioned in his SI interview. But I really could have done without the blow-by-blow account of his colonoscopy in today's column.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Mar 2006, 13:47

I do like reading PK also. I read him and Simmons. King gets annoying with his allegiances and biases. Favre can do no wrong, TO can do no right.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby PhillyJim76 » 27 Mar 2006, 13:49

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I do like reading PK also. I read him and Simmons. King gets annoying with his allegiances and biases. Favre can do no wrong, TO can do no right.

i could do without 4 paragraphs about a colonoscopy.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Mar 2006, 13:52

Yeah, agreed, the colonoscopy details were WAY too much. I almost put that in the "Putting on Notice" thread. MMQB is definitely a must-read for me, however.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Mitch Cumstein » 27 Mar 2006, 16:44

Wonder if Tom Brady helped him "loosen up" for his roto-rooter treatment.

What a wonderful kid that Tom Brady is.
Mitch Cumstein
Yankee

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Mar 2006, 17:40

GIVE ME THE T.O. BOWL. From Dan of Richmond: "Why didn't the NFL listen to its supporters and give us the game the country wants in the first week of the season: Dallas at Philadelphia?"

PK Response: I'll tell you why, Dan. I think whichever team Terrell Owens lines up against in his return to football is going to be a highly attractive game. The league and the networks don't have to burn Dallas vs. Philly on the opening week of the season. You don't want to take every attractive game on the schedule right out of the chute -- and there's no question in my mind that Manning vs. Manning is more attractive than Owens vs. the Eagles.

Really? Really? OK.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby PhillyJim76 » 28 Mar 2006, 19:15

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
GIVE ME THE T.O. BOWL. From Dan of Richmond: "Why didn't the NFL listen to its supporters and give us the game the country wants in the first week of the season: Dallas at Philadelphia?"

PK Response: I'll tell you why, Dan. I think whichever team Terrell Owens lines up against in his return to football is going to be a highly attractive game. The league and the networks don't have to burn Dallas vs. Philly on the opening week of the season. You don't want to take every attractive game on the schedule right out of the chute -- and there's no question in my mind that Manning vs. Manning is more attractive than Owens vs. the Eagles.

Really? Really? OK.

Does that even make sense???? King says stupid shit.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby SouthernYokel » 29 Mar 2006, 09:07

I think King means as a football game. As a circus, to vs. the eagles is unbeatable, and would get more ratings than manning vs. manning. The manning game would probably be a better football game.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Mitch Cumstein » 29 Mar 2006, 09:10

My guess is ol Pete doesn't exactly have any frickin idea how crazy Philly fans are, or about Eskin putting a bounty on TO.

No one gives a shit about Eli and Peyton, they should be playing a banjo down by a river.

Is Peter King one of the biggest ass kissers in the media? Christ almighty.
Mitch Cumstein
Yankee

Postby bosux » 29 Mar 2006, 10:13

mitch cumstein wrote:My guess is ol Pete doesn't exactly have any frickin idea how crazy Philly fans are, or about Eskin putting a bounty on TO.

No one gives a shit about Eli and Peyton, they should be playing a banjo down by a river.

Is Peter King one of the biggest ass kissers in the media? Christ almighty.

what was it like rooming with ty webb in college?

what did you do after you got kicked out for night putting with the dean's daughter?
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby PhillyJim76 » 10 Apr 2006, 12:36

Could you imagine if anybody other than Favre was pulling this crap? Peter King would trash the guy so badly. Favre is a dick.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Apr 2006, 12:49

PhillyJim76 wrote:Could you imagine if anybody other than Favre was pulling this crap? Peter King would trash the guy so badly. Favre is a dick.

What about Satan himself, Roger Clemens? Luckily for Clemens, its baseball, which isnt a team sport. So, he can dick around every team until August or whenever rosters have to be frozen, to choose the team that needs his salvation. Fuck Clemens and Fuck Favre. And Fuck the Red Sox.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Apr 2006, 13:05

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:Could you imagine if anybody other than Favre was pulling this crap? Peter King would trash the guy so badly. Favre is a dick.

What about Satan himself, Roger Clemens? Luckily for Clemens, its baseball, which isnt a team sport. So, he can dick around every team until August or whenever rosters have to be frozen, to choose the team that needs his salvation. Fuck Clemens and Fuck Favre. And Fuck the Red Sox.

Actually, Clemens technically can't sign with anyone until June 1, I believe. One of the odd rules in the baseball CBA. He missed a deadline to get a contract with the Astros back in February, and so then he's barred from signing a contract for awhile. So, he still is a similar case to Fav-ruh, but not the exact same.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Apr 2006, 13:16

Im pretty sure that Clemens can sign with any team he wants, except Houston, until June 1 or May something. He is just a selfish ass.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby NFL Outsider » 10 Apr 2006, 13:18

He could sign with the Yankees today. Or with Houston after May 1.
Read http://thehaternation.blogspot.com or the terrorists have won.
NFL Outsider
Smartest Guy In The Room

Next

Return to NFL