Dallas Cowboys

Re: Dallas Cowboys

Postby mj3528 » 02 Dec 2016, 11:39

CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Goose wrote:Maybe you're too young Gaylord, but it's easy enough to become a Cowboys (or any other front running) fan if the timing is right. When my brother and I were kids I was a Steelers fan and he was a Cowboys fan. I was born in '70 and he was born in '71. The Steelers and Cowboys won 5 of the 6 SBs between 1975 and 1980 and the Cowboys lost two of those against the Steelers. So in the late '70's when you'd get two games on Sunday and one game on Monday, with no ESPN, no internet and no Red Zone, you'd get a healthy dose of Steelers and Cowboys games and expect one or both to make the SB every year. And if you grew up in Tampa where your team won 22 of 76 games in that time period (10 of them in 1979), it's very easy to jump on a bandwagon.

Eventually we both grew out of it.

I'm not sure what's wrong with Dong, though. :mrgreen:

Half the NFL fans your age are either Cowboys or Steeler fans with the Raisers and Packers having a fair amount too. Everyone else stunk and from what I've heard they played good games not necessarily local games on TV.

I was born in that era. I was always a Browns fan even when they were terrible. ctz and I see eye to eye on this. However, I did like the Raiders because it seemed like they were the only team that could beat the Steelers. Red Right 88 took away from some of that affinity.

JT, you're a GD genius for switching to the Steelers and getting out. Kudos, honky.

when I was growing up, there were a ton of kids like UEM that switched to the Steelers. UEM may get a little break since he lived far east side and was almost as close to Pittsburgh as Cleveland.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 02 Dec 2016, 11:40

I was a Niners fan first, Vikings fan second. Then we got Moss.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 02 Dec 2016, 12:06

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I was a Niners fan first, Vikings fan second. Then we got Moss.

Dude.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 02 Dec 2016, 12:57

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:I was a Niners fan first, Vikings fan second. Then we got Moss.

Dude.

Shut your fat face you fat fat-guy.

By the way Gay2, kudos for shoehorning a Pats dig two posts in a row about the Cowboys. Thats DTF level commitment.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 02 Dec 2016, 19:17

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Goose wrote:Maybe you're too young Gaylord, but it's easy enough to become a Cowboys (or any other front running) fan if the timing is right. When my brother and I were kids I was a Steelers fan and he was a Cowboys fan. I was born in '70 and he was born in '71. The Steelers and Cowboys won 5 of the 6 SBs between 1975 and 1980 and the Cowboys lost two of those against the Steelers. So in the late '70's when you'd get two games on Sunday and one game on Monday, with no ESPN, no internet and no Red Zone, you'd get a healthy dose of Steelers and Cowboys games and expect one or both to make the SB every year. And if you grew up in Tampa where your team won 22 of 76 games in that time period (10 of them in 1979), it's very easy to jump on a bandwagon.

Eventually we both grew out of it.

I'm not sure what's wrong with Dong, though. :mrgreen:

Half the NFL fans your age are either Cowboys or Steeler fans with the Raisers and Packers having a fair amount too. Everyone else stunk and from what I've heard they played good games not necessarily local games on TV.

I was born in that era. I was always a Browns fan even when they were terrible. ctz and I see eye to eye on this. However, I did like the Raiders because it seemed like they were the only team that could beat the Steelers. Red Right 88 took away from some of that affinity.

JT, you're a GD genius for switching to the Steelers and getting out. Kudos, honky.

when I was growing up, there were a ton of kids like UEM that switched to the Steelers. UEM may get a little break since he lived far east side and was almost as close to Pittsburgh as Cleveland.

I was born in '67 and picked up watching football right around the time that the Steelers won the Super Bowl. As mj noted, I was about 50 minutes from Cleveland and about 75 from Pittsburgh, so things were pretty evenly split.

I followed the lead of older cousins who rooted for Pitt.

There is a 7th or 8th grade photo out there of me wearing a Browns shirt. Might have been a Goodwill thing, doe.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Gaylord2 » 16 Dec 2016, 10:51

What a bunch of sore loser crybabies:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/report-nfl-investigating-giants-potentially-illegal-walkie-talkie-use-vs-cowboys-002020550.html

This isn't the Patriots cheating, the Giants' comms went down so they used walkie talkies to establish the same effect, that was evident on TV. Not like they needed them in the 4th quarter when it happened anyway, they were in their usual kill time with a less than one touchdown lead, I don't think they even got a first down.

Someone should punch Jason Garrett right in his punchable ginger face.
Gaylord2
Farva's Driver

Postby TVF wannabe » 16 Dec 2016, 10:58

It was clear on TV they were using it, according to Twiter taht's the drive that ended in a turnover.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 16 Dec 2016, 16:29

Gaylord2 wrote:What a bunch of sore loser crybabies:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/report-nfl-investigating-giants-potentially-illegal-walkie-talkie-use-vs-cowboys-002020550.html

This isn't the Patriots cheating, the Giants' comms went down so they used walkie talkies to establish the same effect, that was evident on TV. Not like they needed them in the 4th quarter when it happened anyway, they were in their usual kill time with a less than one touchdown lead, I don't think they even got a first down.

Someone should punch Jason Garrett right in his punchable ginger face.

Walkie talkies can be used right up until the snap of the ball, whereas the team communication ends with 15 seconds on the play clock, preventing any last minute reads or adjustments. A clear and distinct advantage, but because it isn't New England no one cares, we shall make excuses and gloss this over and move on.

Right?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Dec 2016, 10:27

I'm not really sure why Mark Sanchez hasn't already been announced as the starter this week.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gaylord2 » 02 Jan 2017, 13:49

Cowboy fans-

I realize you guys are frontrunners who just picked a team nowhere near you because they were the best when you were picking teams in the 90s and probably don't know much about sports, but do you guys actually think Dak Prescott is good?

Do you think he would be good if he was drafted by the Rams, Eagles or Browns? As a Giants fan, I am happy he is playing over Romo, who has killed the Giants forever, but am a little surprised everyone thinks Dak Prescott is so good. He lucked into the classic Tom Brady perfect situation - where any idiot could step in, hand the ball off 90% of the time, occasionally dink a dunk, and win games.

If Tom Terrible was drafted a few picks earlier instead of the superior Spergon Wynn, he would have been out of the league in 3 years, selling insurance and telling his boyfriend that he could have made it in the League if only he had lucked into the best offensive line, the greatest coach of all time*, great defense and special teams, and all the 1st round talented QBs on the team had gotten injured...

*-Cowboy fans don't be confused, you do not have a good coach - Jason Garrett is as stupid as he is ugly, but a good running back is just as good at hiding a mediocre QB
Gaylord2
Farva's Driver

Postby PhillyJim76 » 02 Jan 2017, 17:48

Nick Foles once went 27-2 TD/INT. Dak sucks.
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby JichaelDick » 02 Jan 2017, 18:40

Dak found the absolute right situation, but dude is legit good. I figured he would be backup almost immediately at Dallas, tbh. Anybody good enough to get Mississippi Fucking State to #1 can't be all bad.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 16 Jan 2017, 04:05

Remember when Simba said 22 "shaky calls" would go Dallas' way at the behest of Fox? Good call, asshat.

Dak, Dez, and Zeke showed up to play. Future should be bright.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Gaylord2 » 16 Jan 2017, 10:36

JichaelDick wrote:Remember when Simba said 22 "shaky calls" would go Dallas' way at the behest of Fox? Good call, asshat.

Dak, Dez, and Zeke showed up to play. Future should be bright.

Unfortunately, this guy is still their coach:

Nice call saving that time-out for overtime with a spike on first down in field goal range in the 4th quarter. Also savvy to throw the ball after said spike to ensure 35 seconds left after the field goal, with the best QB in the league getting the ball, two timeouts, and only needing a field goal... As your guys hero Simpson would say "it was a real checkers match between garrett and mccarthy yesterday".

Nice to have the Cowboys eliminated though, you'd have to go all the way to Boston to find more deplorable players and fans...
Gaylord2
Farva's Driver

Postby TheWolf » 16 Jan 2017, 10:52

I agree that the spike wasn't the right call. But I don't think it was THAT bad. They were barely in FG range, with a lot of time left. Weren't they looking at like a 56 yarder at that point? Of course you don't want to give Rodgers a chance, but you have to give yourself the best chance to get a score first, and that was far from a sure thing at that moment. Of course they had plenty of time to pick up a few extra yards and the spike was totally unnecessary, so maybe I have no point. But I don't think it was nearly as bad a decision as KC not onside kicking, for example.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to NFL