Dallas Cowboys

Re: Dallas Cowboys

Postby ctz31 » 25 Nov 2016, 11:16

Briandong79 wrote:These guys are pretty good.

Meh. Kite and the other mouthbreathers aren't whining yet about the attention dak is getting. You're still bush league. Get a couple commercials, then we'll talk.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Nov 2016, 11:36

Oh good, ctz is here whining.

I like this Cowboys team, nice little system you got going on. Really, really enjoying it.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Gaylord2 » 02 Dec 2016, 00:38

Query for Cowboy fans -

You guys know you're frontrunners, right?

I mean at least when Simmons and Gregs found out Boston had a football team back in February 2002, they saw the chance to be like their heroes - New York Yankees fans, and hopped aboard and at least rooted for their own city. (That gay looking guy is the quarterback?? WHoooo, he's the greatest, Let's go buy some Uggs!!!)

Not to single out Dong, as all Cowboy fans are similarly terrible, but isn't he from Iowa? What possible non-frontrunner reason does he have to be a Cowboys fan? And they all have some crazy excuse for being Cowboys fans - "well, back in 1991 I met a guy from Dallas, and we had a nice talk and made a real connection, so I did some soul searching and decided to root for the team that won the Super Bowl every year."

Man, I hate the Cowboys...
Gaylord2
Farva's Driver

Postby SouthernYokel » 02 Dec 2016, 08:48

Gaylord2 wrote:Query for Cowboy fans -

I mean at least when Simmons and Gregs found out Boston had a football team back in February 2002, they saw the chance to be like their heroes - New York Yankees fans, and hopped aboard and at least rooted for their own city. (That gay looking guy is the quarterback?? WHoooo, he's the greatest, Let's go buy some Uggs!!!)

Not to single out Dong, as all Cowboy fans are similarly terrible, but isn't he from Iowa? What possible non-frontrunner reason does he have to be a Cowboys fan? And they all have some crazy excuse for being Cowboys fans - "well, back in 1991 I met a guy from Dallas, and we had a nice talk and made a real connection, so I did some soul searching and decided to root for the team that won the Super Bowl every year."

Pittsburgh is the same. "i had a sandwich from Primanti bros once!"
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Theny » 02 Dec 2016, 09:11

SouthernYokel wrote:

Dallas is at least understandable. Much of the center of the country has no NFL teams. Actually Green Bay is the worst in this regard.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Dec 2016, 09:26

Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Dallas is at least understandable. Much of the center of the country has no NFL teams. Actually Green Bay is the worst in this regard.

I've repeated my story of being a Cowboys fan many times. I had hand me down Tony Dorsett pajamas when I was little and thought they were cool. A bunch of teams about equidistant from my home didn't give me any particular reason to root for any of them. The first year I really started following football was 89 when they were 1-15. I've followed them since. I don't really feel the need to justify it further.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 02 Dec 2016, 09:39

Briandong79 wrote:
Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

I've repeated my story of being a Cowboys fan many times. I had hand me down Tony Dorsett pajamas when I was little and thought they were cool. A bunch of teams about equidistant from my home didn't give me any particular reason to root for any of them. The first year I really started following football was 89 when they were 1-15. I've followed them since. I don't really feel the need to justify it further.

Were you a cubs fan then? The Ditka bears didn't do it for you? I mean...I liked the Ditka bears from here. (you can be a cowboys fan, it's ok with me, you have my permission)
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby ctz31 » 02 Dec 2016, 09:41

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Were you a cubs fan then? The Ditka bears didn't do it for you? I mean...I liked the Ditka bears from here. (you can be a cowboys fan, it's ok with me, you have my permission)

Laker and yankee fan ctz also gives you permission :lol: /jitz
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Dec 2016, 09:53

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Yes, I was. My brother was also a Cowboys fan so that led to it a bit too (and given that he's older than me, that's probably a bit more of a direct frontrunner). Don't know why I didn't get into the Bears, most of the guys in my neighborhood were Bears fans.

My front runner team was unquestionably the Lakers, though ironically the biggest bandwagon team in the area was actually the local team in Jordan's Bulls. My Lakers fandom was nearly 100% driven by Magic being my favorite athlete ever which is why I keep only a passing interest these days.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gaylord2 » 02 Dec 2016, 10:51

Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Yes, I was. My brother was also a Cowboys fan so that led to it a bit too (and given that he's older than me, that's probably a bit more of a direct frontrunner). Don't know why I didn't get into the Bears, most of the guys in my neighborhood were Bears fans.

My front runner team was unquestionably the Lakers, though ironically the biggest bandwagon team in the area was actually the local team in Jordan's Bulls. My Lakers fandom was nearly 100% driven by Magic being my favorite athlete ever which is why I keep only a passing interest these days.

Thank you for addressing Dong - the Tony Dorsett pajamas is a perfect example of flimsy Cowboy fan excuses.

One of my old co-workers roots for them because Danny White was the only Mormon QB back in the 80s or something, I enjoy hearing the justifications... At least you didn't switch to a Patriots fan in the 2000s, so that is something.
Gaylord2
Farva's Driver

Postby Goose » 02 Dec 2016, 11:19

Maybe you're too young Gaylord, but it's easy enough to become a Cowboys (or any other front running) fan if the timing is right. When my brother and I were kids I was a Steelers fan and he was a Cowboys fan. I was born in '70 and he was born in '71. The Steelers and Cowboys won 5 of the 6 SBs between 1975 and 1980 and the Cowboys lost two of those against the Steelers. So in the late '70's when you'd get two games on Sunday and one game on Monday, with no ESPN, no internet and no Red Zone, you'd get a healthy dose of Steelers and Cowboys games and expect one or both to make the SB every year. And if you grew up in Tampa where your team won 22 of 76 games in that time period (10 of them in 1979), it's very easy to jump on a bandwagon.

Eventually we both grew out of it.

I'm not sure what's wrong with Dong, though. :mrgreen:
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby TVF wannabe » 02 Dec 2016, 11:24

Goose wrote:Maybe you're too young Gaylord, but it's easy enough to become a Cowboys (or any other front running) fan if the timing is right. When my brother and I were kids I was a Steelers fan and he was a Cowboys fan. I was born in '70 and he was born in '71. The Steelers and Cowboys won 5 of the 6 SBs between 1975 and 1980 and the Cowboys lost two of those against the Steelers. So in the late '70's when you'd get two games on Sunday and one game on Monday, with no ESPN, no internet and no Red Zone, you'd get a healthy dose of Steelers and Cowboys games and expect one or both to make the SB every year. And if you grew up in Tampa where your team won 22 of 76 games in that time period (10 of them in 1979), it's very easy to jump on a bandwagon.

Half the NFL fans your age are either Cowboys or Steeler fans with the Raisers and Packers having a fair amount too. Everyone else stunk and from what I've heard they played good games not necessarily local games on TV.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby CourtesyFlush » 02 Dec 2016, 11:29

Goose wrote:Maybe you're too young Gaylord, but it's easy enough to become a Cowboys (or any other front running) fan if the timing is right. When my brother and I were kids I was a Steelers fan and he was a Cowboys fan. I was born in '70 and he was born in '71. The Steelers and Cowboys won 5 of the 6 SBs between 1975 and 1980 and the Cowboys lost two of those against the Steelers. So in the late '70's when you'd get two games on Sunday and one game on Monday, with no ESPN, no internet and no Red Zone, you'd get a healthy dose of Steelers and Cowboys games and expect one or both to make the SB every year. And if you grew up in Tampa where your team won 22 of 76 games in that time period (10 of them in 1979), it's very easy to jump on a bandwagon.

We got the Redskins in the Raleigh area when I was getting old enough to watch football with my dad regularly (early 80s). They started winning Super Bowls with Coach Joe and voila I was a Skins fan before the Panthers came along.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 02 Dec 2016, 11:30

TVF wannabe wrote:

Half the NFL fans your age are either Cowboys or Steeler fans with the Raisers and Packers having a fair amount too. Everyone else stunk and from what I've heard they played good games not necessarily local games on TV.

I was born in that era. I was always a Browns fan even when they were terrible. ctz and I see eye to eye on this. However, I did like the Raiders because it seemed like they were the only team that could beat the Steelers. Red Right 88 took away from some of that affinity.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby CourtesyFlush » 02 Dec 2016, 11:36

mj3528 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:

I was born in that era. I was always a Browns fan even when they were terrible. ctz and I see eye to eye on this. However, I did like the Raiders because it seemed like they were the only team that could beat the Steelers. Red Right 88 took away from some of that affinity.

JT, you're a GD genius for switching to the Steelers and getting out. Kudos, honky.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to NFL