The Fountain of Retard (Redskins Thread)

Re: The Fountain of Retard (Redskins Thread)

Postby mister bacon » 06 Dec 2017, 10:53

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Without the ridiculous target share he got in Cleveland, Pryor couldn’t accrue the same numbers. He was put on injured reserve after Week 11, and he finished his year with 20 catches for 240 yards and one touchdown—60 catches, 1,010 yards, and nine touchdowns shy of his $2 million contract incentive. Pryor turned down more than $30 million from Cleveland to take the one-year deal with the Redskins, hoping that a great year would yield even more money.

ouch

And I drafted that idiot in fantasy thinking he'd get a ton of targets with the Skins.

Pretty sure I'm the idiot for drafting him in the first place.

I took him in the second round flush. I was right there with you.

you are incapable of rational thought when it comes to your buckeye fam.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 31 Jan 2018, 06:06

The long: are you jazzed for al Smith? Seems like a pretty neutral move to me. I just learned from golic and wingo that cousins “literally” rewrote the record books for the redskins. Have to respect the effort that he did that in addition to his quarterbacking duties imo.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 31 Jan 2018, 07:10

Dr Jeckyll wrote:The long: are you jazzed for al Smith? Seems like a pretty neutral move to me. I just learned from golic and wingo that cousins “literally” rewrote the record books for the redskins. Have to respect the effort that he did that in addition to his quarterbacking duties imo.

A) I am no longer a Redskins fan and won't be until Snyder doesn't own the team which probably won't be until he dies in 40 or so years.

B) Cousins sucks, Redskins QBs have sucked. It's like Bears fans saying let's keep Orton because he's better than Shane Matthews. (Which is basically what the redskins are saying! Cousins is better than Shane Matthews, what a stud!)

C) Kendall Fuller said he's not traded so who knows what is going on

D) Alex Smiff sucks or is basic. Not worth trading for. IF THE REDSKINS WERE SMART, they'd get a first and 2nd or couple firsts for Cousins from the Broncos or Cards or whoever and build from there. They're gonna need a QB of the future and Smiff ain't it and sucks and these chuckleheads are idiots.

E) Go Hokies. kinda wish Fuller had been traded so no Hokie ties had me interested in these bums
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Rodney Farva » 31 Jan 2018, 10:19

Smith is better than most people think IMO but adding a 4 year extension to a guy who is not appreciably better than what you have and will be 34 when camp starts (4 yrs older than Cousins) seems dumb. maybe it will be the kind of contract designed to never reach its last couple years.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 31 Jan 2018, 10:22

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:IF THE REDSKINS WERE SMART, they'd get a first and 2nd or couple firsts for Cousins from the Broncos or Cards or whoever and build from there.

I thought Cousins is a free agent this year.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 31 Jan 2018, 10:22

Rodney Farva wrote:Smith is better than most people think IMO but adding a 4 year extension to a guy who is not appreciably better than what you have and will be 34 when camp starts (4 yrs older than Cousins) seems dumb. maybe it will be the kind of contract designed to never reach its last couple years.

Given what Cousins is going to make, what Smith just got signed to, that Blake Bortles will be getting $19 million, that Case Keenum might be franchised or wind up making $15 million, the QB contracts are going insane. There's like $70 million guaranteed on Smith's contract so it's at least designed as a 3 year deal.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby ctz31 » 31 Jan 2018, 10:23

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:The long: are you jazzed for al Smith? Seems like a pretty neutral move to me. I just learned from golic and wingo that cousins “literally” rewrote the record books for the redskins. Have to respect the effort that he did that in addition to his quarterbacking duties imo.

A) I am no longer a Redskins fan and won't be until Snyder doesn't own the team which probably won't be until he dies in 40 or so years.

B) Cousins sucks, Redskins QBs have sucked. It's like Bears fans saying let's keep Orton because he's better than Shane Matthews. (Which is basically what the redskins are saying! Cousins is better than Shane Matthews, what a stud!)

D) Alex Smiff sucks or is basic. Not worth trading for. IF THE REDSKINS WERE SMART, they'd get a first and 2nd or couple firsts for Cousins from the Broncos or Cards or whoever and build from there. They're gonna need a QB of the future and Smiff ain't it and sucks and these chuckleheads are idiots.

E) Go Hokies. kinda wish Fuller had been traded so no Hokie ties had me interested in these bums

T's. I was praying for you that you'd get your long desired black quarterback target from the b-lo. Next year woulda been fun for me.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby chrisco » 31 Jan 2018, 10:33

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:IF THE REDSKINS WERE SMART, they'd get a first and 2nd or couple firsts for Cousins from the Broncos or Cards or whoever and build from there.

I think he has one more year of franchising left.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mj3528 » 31 Jan 2018, 10:34

chrisco wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

I think he has one more year of franchising left.

I will probably sign him now, and he will be terrible.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby nova » 31 Jan 2018, 10:40

Kendall Fuller is gone. He was the player to be named later. Shame on you for not remembering that this organization does all of its business via the media and not through agents.

Yes, Kurt Cousins rewrote the record book. He also choked in every big game he played. I don't have the stats but he's got a putrid everything in meaningful games - stat line, record, performance. The most glaring example was when the Redskins played the Giants last year on New Year's Day. Win and you're in. The Giants literally had nothing to play for, except keeping the Redskins out of the playoffs. The result? A colossal bedshitting. This year against the Saints. Yes, there was a communication issue that led him to throw the ball slam out of bounds for an intentional grounding penalty that crippled the drive. But you know waht? That's shit you don't see elite quarterbacks doing. Remember that game against the Eagles when he took a knee inside the five yard line right before halftime instead of spiking the ball? Pepperidge Farms* remembers.

Long story short, trading Alex Smith for a third round pick isn't a terrible deal on the surface. It becomes a bad deal when you see that they extended Smith for four years at the cost of $93 million, with $71 million guaranteed. Oh, and THEN you give up your best slot corner to sweeten the pot. Worst. Trade. Ever.***

*- As an aside, Pepper Ridge Farms is a notorious housing project in a bad part of Washington DC who largely favored RGIII**
**- okay, I made that last part up. But I definitely remember him doing that dumb shit)
***- except for the Herschel Walker trade that created the Cowboys dynasty. That shit was just stupid.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 31 Jan 2018, 10:51

nova wrote:

Kendall Fuller is gone. He was the player to be named later. Shame on you for not remembering that this organization does all of its business via the media and not through agents.

Yes, Kurt Cousins rewrote the record book. He also choked in every big game he played. I don't have the stats but he's got a putrid everything in meaningful games - stat line, record, performance. The most glaring example was when the Redskins played the Giants last year on New Year's Day. Win and you're in. The Giants literally had nothing to play for, except keeping the Redskins out of the playoffs. The result? A colossal bedshitting. This year against the Saints. Yes, there was a communication issue that led him to throw the ball slam out of bounds for an intentional grounding penalty that crippled the drive. But you know waht? That's shit you don't see elite quarterbacks doing. Remember that game against the Eagles when he took a knee inside the five yard line right before halftime instead of spiking the ball? Pepperidge Farms* remembers.

Long story short, trading Alex Smith for a third round pick isn't a terrible deal on the surface. It becomes a bad deal when you see that they extended Smith for four years at the cost of $93 million, with $71 million guaranteed. Oh, and THEN you give up your best slot corner to sweeten the pot. Worst. Trade. Ever.***

*- As an aside, Pepper Ridge Farms is a notorious housing project in a bad part of Washington DC who largely favored RGIII**
**- okay, I made that last part up. But I definitely remember him doing that dumb shit)
***- except for the Herschel Walker trade that created the Cowboys dynasty. That shit was just stupid.

yup, horrific trade, moving on from Cousins is fine but giving up what they gave up and crippling their bargaining position with trading Cousins is, well, par for the course with these chuckleheads

I've enjoyed DJ Swearingen's meltdown over losing Fuller, that guy gets it
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Jan 2018, 11:21

DJ can't rush wildly to the LOS if they don't have shutdown corners in press coverage, and all that crazy motherfucker wants to do is hit people in the sternum with the crown of his head. I love him so much, I wish he wasn't on Washington
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby nova » 31 Jan 2018, 11:54

SouthernYokel wrote:DJ can't rush wildly to the LOS if they don't have shutdown corners in press coverage, and all that crazy motherfucker wants to do is hit people in the sternum with the crown of his head. I love him so much, I wish he wasn't on Washington

He's a fucking maniac and I love that about him. This is the kind of safety the Redskins have been lacking since the early days of Taylor and Landry. Laron could just run toward the line like a crazy person, knowing that Sean Taylor could cover the rest of the field with ease.

Also, this is the downside:

(so much good nostalgia. Madden and Michaels. Burgundy pants. Was drinking Lord Chesterfield Ales that day. Stayed home from work just to prepare for the game. Took the next day off. Such a fucking joke of a day. I hate football.)
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby mj3528 » 31 Jan 2018, 13:13

nova wrote:

yup, horrific trade, moving on from Cousins is fine but giving up what they gave up and crippling their bargaining position with trading Cousins is, well, par for the course with these chuckleheads

I apparently tried to trade for Alex Smith, but the 'skins made a better offer.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby chrisco » 31 Jan 2018, 13:19

mj3528 wrote:
nova wrote:

I apparently tried to trade for Alex Smith, but the 'skins made a better offer.

You'll always have AJ McCarron.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to NFL