Its good to be Big Ben

Re: Its good to be Big Ben

Postby JichaelDick » 05 May 2010, 09:57

I dunno...yes, the story paints Ben as dumb as a rock, but the KSK impersonations make him seem like a decent dude who's just too stupid for his own good.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 05 May 2010, 09:59

JichaelDick wrote:I dunno...yes, the story paints Ben as dumb as a rock, but the KSK impersonations make him seem like a decent dude who's just too stupid for his own good.

Very true.

BIG BEN NO GET CHOCOTACO ANYMORE. BIG BEN VERY SAD BECAUSE NO CHOCOTACO. BIG BEN GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY AND THINK ABOUT WHAT BIG BEN DID. MAYBE IF BIG BEN MAKE EYES RAIN GIRLS WILL TOUCH BIG BEN IN THE PEE SPOT AGAIN. PEW PEW!
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JichaelDick » 05 May 2010, 10:15

The most accurate KSK character, by far, is Rex Ryan.

Back to Ben--man, he comes off as a major douchenozzle in this. But we sorta figured that out with the thing in Milledgeville, did we not? And yes, Roethlisberger will be forgiven if he gets the Stillers to a Super Bowl.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 05 May 2010, 10:18

JichaelDick wrote:The most accurate KSK character, by far, is Rex Ryan.

Back to Ben--man, he comes off as a major douchenozzle in this. But we sorta figured that out with the thing in Milledgeville, did we not? And yes, Roethlisberger will be forgiven if he gets the Stillers to a Super Bowl.

Jerry Jones begs to differ.

We probably should have figured out that Big Ben was a major douche the first time a picture of him at rest was published in a major magazine profile.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby nova » 05 May 2010, 10:46

JichaelDick wrote:Back to Ben--man, he comes off as a major douchenozzle in this. But we sorta figured that out with the thing in Milledgeville, did we not? And yes, Roethlisberger will be forgiven if he gets the Stillers to a Super Bowl.

It could be argued that it was known after he crashed his motorcycle that he was a fucking retard.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 May 2010, 13:22

nasty nova wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Back to Ben--man, he comes off as a major douchenozzle in this. But we sorta figured that out with the thing in Milledgeville, did we not? And yes, Roethlisberger will be forgiven if he gets the Stillers to a Super Bowl.

It could be argued that it was known after he crashed his motorcycle that he was a fucking retard.

Yes, but if you're an endearing retard the Pittsburgh fan base will embrace you as their quarterback (see Bradshaw, Terry).
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 May 2010, 13:40

Despite all the articles from the time and his playing up of the stereotype/role on Fox's pregame show I don't think Bradshaw is slow-minded let alone retarded. I just remember seeing things from his playing days and soon there after about how upset he actually got at such stories and even the way Pittsburgh handled it that it comes through that he's an intelligent guy, such talk and articles hurt him pretty deeply (which surprised/s me since he plays up the angle on Fox), and that he basically delighted in proving people wrong about himself and his intelligence. I dunno but as someone who is by no means a Stillers fan, I actually kinda feel/felt bad for the guy who won 4 Super Bowls because he was shoehorned into the "kind, dumb, rascally Southern hick with talent but is basically Lennie from 'Of Mice and Men.'"
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby TVF wannabe » 05 May 2010, 13:44

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Despite all the articles from the time and his playing up of the stereotype/role on Fox's pregame show I don't think Bradshaw is slow-minded let alone retarded. I just remember seeing things from his playing days and soon there after about how upset he actually got at such stories and even the way Pittsburgh handled it that it comes through that he's an intelligent guy, such talk and articles hurt him pretty deeply (which surprised/s me since he plays up the angle on Fox), and that he basically delighted in proving people wrong about himself and his intelligence. I dunno but as someone who is by no means a Stillers fan, I actually kinda feel/felt bad for the guy who won 4 Super Bowls because he was shoehorned into the "kind, dumb, rascally Southern hick with talent but is basically Lennie from 'Of Mice and Men.'"

I dont feel bad hes a HOF player and still anouncing 25 years later. thats not bad.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby JichaelDick » 05 May 2010, 13:58

I do think it's kinda sad that Bradshaw probably has been relegated to that "lovable, but dumb hick" role, but he himself plays it up now.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TVF wannabe » 05 May 2010, 14:00

JichaelDick wrote:I do think it's kinda sad that Bradshaw probably has been relegated to that "lovable, but dumb hick" role, but he himself plays it up now.

he can cry into his wads cash if it bothers him.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 May 2010, 14:21

JichaelDick wrote:I do think it's kinda sad that Bradshaw probably has been relegated to that "lovable, but dumb hick" role, but he himself plays it up now.

He does play it up. I can see how it hurt him at first, but the way he leans on it now he must've made peace with it. Either that or he's just a glutton for punishment.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 May 2010, 14:36

I think he made peace with all of it and the Stillers (he was pissed no one on the team or in the coach's office/owner's box ever stood up for him) and had his return to Pittsburgh in the late 80s/early 90s. I don't remember it happening but it was part of the whole thing I was watching about him and all of this. Before seeing this I was oblivious to all these happenings during his career. I mean, he admits in the doc (I'm pretty sure it was an NFL Net thing) and they do a nice job of conveying that this shit legitimately pissed him off and I can't blame him because if I were as successful and sorta wealthy as he was at the time, I'd be pissed too if everyone basically pigeon-holed me into the dumb, lovable hick with the magical talent role.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby chrisco » 05 May 2010, 15:21

Frank the Tank wrote:

He does play it up. I can see how it hurt him at first, but the way he leans on it now he must've made peace with it. Either that or he's just a glutton for punishment.

Glory hogs will put up with a lot of revisionshit bullshit/playing to stereotypes to stay in the limelight. See Noooomahhh and the shit with RSN going on now just so he could be a turrrrrreble ESPN baseball analyst.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 May 2010, 15:23

chrisco wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

Glory hogs will put up with a lot of revisionshit bullshit/playing to stereotypes to stay in the limelight. See Noooomahhh and the shit with RSN going on now just so he could be a turrrrrreble ESPN baseball analyst.

The Sox are honoring Nomah in a pregame ceremony tonight. If Ben can eventually heal the wounds so that he eventually gets that kind of treatment in Pittsburgh it'll be a miracle.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Theny » 05 May 2010, 21:38

Frank the Tank wrote:
nasty nova wrote:

Yes, but if you're an endearing retard the Pittsburgh fan base will embrace you as their quarterback (see Bradshaw, Terry).

do you remember our debate about who was smarter between ben and pennington? Haha, I win. :D
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

PreviousNext

Return to NFL