Dr. Snore's Annual Commentator Awards

Re: Dr. Snore's Annual Commentator Awards

Postby Rodney Farva » 29 Jun 2016, 00:34

when he got really crusty in his later days and forgot there were others on the field besides the lineman, well, his writing wasn't always very good. but overall i liked his stuff a lot and i really enjoyed reading this. the cheesecake story is fantastic.

and have any of you seen this before? it's a couple years old, but really good. when he cries about his wife, oof, dusty time. fine use of luke duke, too.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 29 Jun 2016, 08:34

Rodney Farva wrote:
and have any of you seen this before? it's a couple years old, but really good. when he cries about his wife, oof, dusty time. fine use of luke duke, too.

C'mon, the guy can't write or speak, who wrote this movie? I don't buy it!
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby TVF wannabe » 29 Jun 2016, 09:39

Rodney Farva wrote:when he got really crusty in his later days and forgot there were others on the field besides the lineman, well, his writing wasn't always very good. but overall i liked his stuff a lot and i really enjoyed reading this. the cheesecake story is fantastic.

I liked that a lot, thanks for linking
TVF wannabe wrote:I always liked Dr.Z and found that story sad.

He was on ESPN once. They yanked him mid show because his answer to the biggest issue facing MLB (maybe sports in general) was steroids, this was in the early 90's.

It was the NFL
“The player of the 1990s,” I said on the ESPN draft show, “will be so sophisticated that he’ll be able to pass any drug test they can come up with.” The switchboard lit up, and when they came out of the commercial I was off the set. And my ESPN career was over.

I liked His Ditka story and this paragraph
When I got home I did something I’d never done, that cliché soap opera routine in which the guy comes in from work and immediately rushes to pour himself a drink, a metaphor for despair, for failure. My metaphor was Jack Daniels, a stiff one, easy on the ice. Looking back on it, I can’t relive the emotion I went through, but I get a feeling that it was the best thing that could have happened to me. I was turning into a punk, with an ego to match. This experience squashed it flat. I don’t recommend it to anyone with suicidal tendencies, but everyone with a high opinion of himself or herself should undergo something similar at sometime in his or her life. Yes, easy philosophy now, with the fire roaring and the chestnuts roasting and mellowness on all sides.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 29 Jun 2016, 10:04

After the season we threw a dinner a Mamma Leone’s on 48th St. for our All-Mets. Larry Robinson, who covered college football as well as golf, got college players to attend and sit with the kids, Joe King got Giants, Larry Fox got Titans from the AFL. The entertainment section got a comic to come and entertain every year. The best was Bill Cosby. The kids loved him, but when we tried to tell him afterward how much we appreciated his coming there, he turned his back and told his agent, “Let’s get out of here.”

What a dick, that Cosby!
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Aug 2016, 13:04

Breaking: Balls is a high ranking NFL official:

http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-banned-m ... 1785540189
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 21 Aug 2016, 15:24

Briandong79 wrote:Breaking: Balls is a high ranking NFL official:

Weird. I actually dislike Al Michaels more, anyway.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby mj3528 » 22 Aug 2016, 07:55

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Breaking: Balls is a high ranking NFL official:

Weird. I actually dislike Al Michaels more, anyway.

Of course you do
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Aug 2016, 08:02

that situation is really odd to me. NBC's gotta be pretty pissed about spending (i assume) a shitload of money on Tirico and being told they can't use him on their new NFL game that (i know) they spent a shitload of money on.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 22 Aug 2016, 08:03

SouthernYokel wrote:that situation is really odd to me. NBC's gotta be pretty pissed about spending (i assume) a shitload of money on Tirico and being told they can't use him on their new NFL game that (i know) they spent a shitload of money on.

I don't think NBC can be too pissed considering it sounds like the language in the deal specifically stated the same talent would be used for both Thursday and Sunday night games similar to what CBS has had to (unfortunately) do.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 22 Aug 2016, 08:21

CourtesyFlush wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:that situation is really odd to me. NBC's gotta be pretty pissed about spending (i assume) a shitload of money on Tirico and being told they can't use him on their new NFL game that (i know) they spent a shitload of money on.

I don't think NBC can be too pissed considering it sounds like the language in the deal specifically stated the same talent would be used for both Thursday and Sunday night games similar to what CBS has had to (unfortunately) do.

agreed. they should be more pissed at their lawyers. and if I'm not mistaken, Thursday and sunday nights are all they have for the nfl? so not even sure what tirico's going to do now. hard to believe they could fuck up this badly.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 22 Aug 2016, 08:26

I assume they'll find a way before too long to get him on there, either a replacement for Michaels or Patrick once they decide to move on. I'm sure the Olympics were a consideration for them as well, and Tirico has done just about every sport so he'll give them some flexibility with golf, etc.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 22 Aug 2016, 08:26

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

agreed. they should be more pissed at their lawyers. and if I'm not mistaken, Thursday and sunday nights are all they have for the nfl? so not even sure what tirico's going to do now. hard to believe they could fuck up this badly.

Tirico was one of their main guys on Olympic coverage and he anchored their Open Championship coverage as well. They'll use him for golf when Dan Hicks is away for Notre Dame football this fall.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Aug 2016, 08:34

If I'm not mistaken, NBC does the annual Grambling/Southern tilt. It's possible Tirico was brought in to elevate that game from total shit no one watches to just mostly shit that 10 people may now watch.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Aug 2016, 08:35

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:If I'm not mistaken, NBC does the annual Grambling/Southern tilt. It's possible Tirico was brought in to elevate that game from total shit no one watches to just mostly shit that 10 people may now watch.

You gotta tune in for the Battle of the Marching Bands!

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 25 Apr 2017, 13:12

Because Dr Z used to jack off to online play videos, I'll put this here. I thought this was really interesting and pretty damn dorky:
http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/25/15358 ... f-schwartz
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to NFL