Re: Pro Football Hall of Fame: The Only Reason to go to Cant

Postby Theny » 03 Feb 2013, 15:20

He is an Eagles fan.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby God Shamgod » 03 Feb 2013, 16:08

Theny wrote:He is an Eagles fan.

That's true. Maybe Coach Chip can teach me how to love again #nohomo.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Jan 2014, 10:26

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TVF wannabe » 10 Jan 2014, 12:10

Briandong79 wrote:Here are the 2014 finalists:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/9/52 ... -finalists

To me Dungy making the cut is a joke. He is not a HOF coach, I dont care how nice he is.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 10 Jan 2014, 12:33

TVF wannabe wrote:

To me Dungy making the cut is a joke. He is not a HOF coach, I dont care how nice he is.

THIS^^^^
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby CourtesyFlush » 10 Jan 2014, 12:58

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:

THIS^^^^

Plus dos. It's even more laughable that he gets passed through while Tagliabue gets shut out another year. I don't think Tags deserves in either, but at least the dude was commissioner.

Ok, Dungy won a Super Bowl.

So did Mike McCarthy.

And Brian Billick.

And George Seifert.

And Mike Shanahan.

Oops, too soon on that last one. :lol:
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 10 Jan 2014, 13:04

Last edited by Iron Mike Sharpe on 10 Jan 2014, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Jan 2014, 13:19

CourtesyFlush wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:

THIS^^^^

Plus dos. It's even more laughable that he gets passed through while Tagliabue gets shut out another year. I don't think Tags deserves in either, but at least the dude was commissioner.

Ok, Dungy won a Super Bowl.

So did Mike McCarthy.

And Brian Billick.

And George Seifert.

And Mike Shanahan.

Oops, too soon on that last one. :lol:

I don't have a problem with him making the finalists. He has more than just the Super Bowl win. He's in the top 10 all time for winning percentage for guys that coached more than 100 games, ahead of people like Gibbs & Belichick. And yes, I'm aware that George Seifert is on that list right above him.

I don't think he deserves to get in, but lumping him in with McCarthy and Billick is a bit disingenuous.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TVF wannabe » 10 Jan 2014, 13:21

His teams underachieved and he was routinely outcoached in big games. Also he had great teams so it skews his winning pct. His pct. is akin to Freeney being the winningest player ever, a nice stat but a product of circumstance.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Jan 2014, 13:27

TVF wannabe wrote:His teams underachieved and he was routinely outcoached in big games. Also he had great teams so it skews his winning pct. His pct. is akin to Freeney being the winningest player ever, a nice stat but a product of circumstance.

Yup, like I said, not a Hall of Famer. But saying he had great teams and apparently discounting the fact that he helped build one of the worst franchises in sports into a yearly contender is again playing down what he did. Also, Peyton Manning hasn't exactly been overachieving in the playoffs without ol' Dunge.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TVF wannabe » 10 Jan 2014, 13:32

Briandong79 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:His teams underachieved and he was routinely outcoached in big games. Also he had great teams so it skews his winning pct. His pct. is akin to Freeney being the winningest player ever, a nice stat but a product of circumstance.

Yup, like I said, not a Hall of Famer. But saying he had great teams and apparently discounting the fact that he helped build one of the worst franchises in sports into a yearly contender is again playing down what he did. Also, Peyton Manning hasn't exactly been overachieving in the playoffs without ol' Dunge.

He helped build the Colts but they were on the way already. I could be understating his achievements but it might be because I think he has too much credit.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Jan 2014, 13:33

TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

He helped build the Colts but they were on the way already. I could be understating his achievements but it might be because I think he has too much credit.

I was referring to the Bucs.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 10 Jan 2014, 14:37

Seriously, I'd argue what he did with Tampa was more impressive. If that 1999 team makes a play or two more, he has two rings.

Not a HOFer, but not fucking Rich Kotite.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby CourtesyFlush » 03 Feb 2014, 14:21

Someone convince me why Aeneas Williams and Andre Reed made it to the hall of fame. Neither is an all-time great at their respective position.

At least they didn't allow Dungy in again this year.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 Feb 2014, 14:24

CourtesyFlush wrote:Someone convince me why Aeneas Williams and Andre Reed made it to the hall of fame. Neither is an all-time great at their respective position.

At least they didn't allow Dungy in again this year.

I like Aeneas. After Deion and Rod Woodson, who was a better corner the past two decades or so? Complete player.

Andre Reed, I got nothing, people feel bad for the Bills is my guess. Tim Brown >> Andre Reed.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to NFL