land of lakes and ligaments: the vikings thread

Re: land of lakes and ligaments: the vikings thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 15 Jan 2018, 10:59

ctz31 wrote:You're welcome. And what the fuck is SKOL? This is more perplexing than duval.

Skol (written "skål" in Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish and "skál" in Faroese and Icelandic or "skaal" in transliteration of any of those languages) is the Danish/Norwegian/Swedish word for "cheers," or "good health," a salute or a toast, as to an admired person or group.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JichaelDick » 15 Jan 2018, 11:03

Tambo, I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever make a Gary Anderson joke as long as I live.

My God, breaking those assholes' hearts makes me so happy. My Falcons fucked up, but at least THOSE motherfuckers got their dreams shattered.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Jan 2018, 11:03

Glad you had a good time.

Remember that when your kicker shanks it at the end of the Jeff Fisher Bowl.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby TheWolf » 15 Jan 2018, 11:04

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
ctz31 wrote:You're welcome. And what the fuck is SKOL? This is more perplexing than duval.

Skol (written "skål" in Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish and "skál" in Faroese and Icelandic or "skaal" in transliteration of any of those languages) is the Danish/Norwegian/Swedish word for "cheers," or "good health," a salute or a toast, as to an admired person or group.

Sounds like cultural appropriation, to me.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Re: The Minnesota Vikings Thread

Postby nova » 15 Jan 2018, 12:48

Huge win. Congrats, MTM.

On August 10, 2015, nova wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
NotAndyGreenwald wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
nova wrote:Can someone close to this team (MTM) explain why Stefon Diggs is getting run with the scrubs? He's a smaller Percy Harvin.

He's a late round rookie, right? I'm not surprised that he's running with the scrubs, though I agree he's good.

Before last season, he was buzzing as an elite draft prospect. But I believe he got injured/was hurt some games. He got robbed on that return yesterday.

Yeah, injuries got him last year. When he's healthy he's a better prospect out of Maryland than Torrey Smith was.

I'm aware of how good he is. He's still a rookie in his first preseason game, and a 5th rounder at that. I don't know what it's surprising he's not with the first team.

Better put - I didn't realize he was a fifth round pick. Having seen the VIkings play a few times last year, they need playmakers on their offense and Diggs is definitely a guy who can make big plays.

This is one of the few times I appeared to know something about sports.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Dthefritz » 15 Jan 2018, 13:07

TheWolf wrote:

It is indeed perplexing that there could be bigger faggots about their heritage than Tri-state area Italians, but people in Minnesota/Wisconsin of German or Scandinavian origin might just have the edge. HURR I COULDN'T FIND DENMARK ON A MAP BUT I FOUND THIS KILLER GRAVLAX RECIPE ON YOOTOOB!!!!!!!!
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby PhillyJim76 » 15 Jan 2018, 13:17

Jike you are a very angry person as relates to sports.
MTM it’s going to be a long week. There are things going in the Vikings favor, and other items going in the Eagles favor.
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Jan 2018, 13:23

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

It is indeed perplexing that there could be bigger faggots about their heritage than Tri-state area Italians, but people in Minnesota/Wisconsin of German or Scandinavian origin might just have the edge. HURR I COULDN'T FIND DENMARK ON A MAP BUT I FOUND THIS KILLER GRAVLAX RECIPE ON YOOTOOB!!!!!!!!

You need therapy.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby JT99 » 15 Jan 2018, 13:25

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

To be fair, a lot of maps mark Denmark as Holland or, more commonly, The Netherlands.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 15 Jan 2018, 13:32

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

To be fair, a lot of maps mark Denmark as Holland or, more commonly, The Netherlands.

In addition, to be fair, we suck.

NOW WHO WANTS SOME LUTEFISK?! Oh, absolutely no one ever? My bad.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Jan 2018, 14:03

I think Donald wants more Denmarkians to inhabit the US, rather than the criminals we get from other shithole parts of the world.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby JT99 » 15 Jan 2018, 14:04

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I think Donald wants more Denmarkians to inhabit the US, rather than the criminals we get from other shithole parts of the world.

Denmarkians?

They're called Welsh, idiot.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Jan 2018, 14:06

JT99 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I think Donald wants more Denmarkians to inhabit the US, rather than the criminals we get from other shithole parts of the world.

Denmarkians?

They're called Welsh, idiot.

Welsh suck my dick then.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Goose » 15 Jan 2018, 14:10

PhillyJim76 wrote:Jike you are a very angry person as relates to sports.
MTM it’s going to be a long week. There are things going in the Vikings favor, and other items going in the Eagles favor.

That's a pretty detailed breakdown. Why don't you dial it back a bit PJ99?
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Basketball Jesus

Postby TheWolf » 15 Jan 2018, 14:14

Goose wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:Jike you are a very angry person as relates to sports.

That's a pretty detailed breakdown. Why don't you dial it back a bit PJ99?

He's auditioning for The Ringer, dude. Gotta bring his A game.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to NFL