Miami Dolphins: the blowhole of Retard

Miami Dolphins: the blowhole of Retard

Postby Big Scary Monster » 09 Sep 2005, 13:26

Theny wrote:Braves win the WS. End of story. :lol:


And the Dolphins win the Superbowl and Ricky smokes a blunt at the celebration, right Theny?
Gregs Kite - Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 am: I bet he had an ARRGGGGGHHHHHRUGALA salad.

[Thu 12:05] jack_daniels: the big scar monster does whatever the big scary monster does. so i dont really care.
User avatar
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: 11 Nov 2004, 12:55
Location: interrupting...

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Sep 2005, 13:35

Well, if the dolphins DO win the super bowl, ricky williams WILL be smoking a blunt at the party.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28215
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Postby Theny » 12 Sep 2005, 07:47

Big Scary Monster wrote:
Theny wrote:Braves win the WS. End of story. :lol:


And the Dolphins win the Superbowl and Ricky smokes a blunt at the celebration, right Theny?


The Dolphins definitely won't win the SB (though it was a nice start yesterday) this year when they have the TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE FUCKING LEAGUE!!! Why don't, I don't know, the Patriots or Colts get the toughest schedule?

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

And yes, Braves win the WS this year, I'm not even kidding anymore.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29899
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby sportsdorkhater » 12 Sep 2005, 07:53

Theny wrote:
The Dolphins definitely won't win the SB (though it was a nice start yesterday) this year when they have the TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE FUCKING LEAGUE!!! Why don't, I don't know, the Patriots or Colts get the toughest schedule?



please tell me you are kidding
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 18:25

Postby Theny » 12 Sep 2005, 07:55

sportsdorkhater wrote:
Theny wrote:
The Dolphins definitely won't win the SB (though it was a nice start yesterday) this year when they have the TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE FUCKING LEAGUE!!! Why don't, I don't know, the Patriots or Colts get the toughest schedule?



please tell me you are kidding


Which part?
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29899
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby sportsdorkhater » 12 Sep 2005, 07:57

toughest schedule part

was a good win for the phins yesterday though
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 18:25

Postby Theny » 12 Sep 2005, 07:59

I'd read that on ESPN before the season, and they mentioned it during the game yesterday, but as I'm looking it up for proof, it seems as though the Phins have the 2nd toughest schedule, Oakland being 1st. The Pats had the 4th. I guess it depends on who you ask.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29899
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Sep 2005, 08:02

Six division games, four rotating same-conference division games, and four rotating opposite-conference division games mean that 14 games out of your schedule are set before the previous season is even over. Only two games are set based on your previous year's performance.

I'm moving this to the NFL thread.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Postby Theny » 12 Sep 2005, 08:05

Frank the Tank wrote:Six division games, four rotating same-conference division games, and four rotating opposite-conference division games mean that 14 games out of your schedule are set before the previous season is even over. Only two games are set based on your previous year's performance.

I'm moving this to the NFL thread.


Does that mean the Phins get an easier schedule next year? Sweet!!

Denver is now 0-7 all time in Miami. Yikes.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29899
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby sportsdorkhater » 12 Sep 2005, 08:15

the different games other than home/road games vs common opponents:

MIA plays @CLE and home vs TEN

NE plays home vs IND and @PIT . . . .seems like a big difference to me.

not to mention that most of the pats "tougher" non-AFC East games are on the road: @ CAR, @ ATL, @ DEN(pats historically play poorly there) and @ KC, while the phins get most of there tough games at home except for the SD game.


this could all look different after the games are played. who knows who is gonna suck and who will be good, but for right now i have a hard time believing that MIA or even OAK has a tougher schedule.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 18:25

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Sep 2005, 08:31

Strength of schedule measurements usually only take into account the opponents rather than the home/away issue. The Raiders get the Chiefs, Chargers, and Broncos twice, plus what is probably a slightly harder NFC schedule that includes the Eagles. Based on last year's records alone you can make a case that Oakland's schedule is awfully tough. The NE @ PIT game though tilts the difficulty in NE's edge IMO.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Postby Theny » 12 Sep 2005, 09:06

http://www.fanbay.net/nfl/projected/strength.htm

This is the best I could come up with.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29899
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby SouthernYokel » 12 Sep 2005, 10:36

Theny, you made Taylor your avatar just because of that play yesterday didnt you. PS I laugh everytime i see him and zach thomas talking. You know he's thinking "I can't believe i let my sister marry this maniac white boy."
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28215
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Postby JohnnyDamon » 12 Sep 2005, 10:43

Wait, so you're in Jake Plummer? That's fucking nasty, Theny. Just fucking nasty.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
User avatar
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5875
Joined: 06 Jan 2005, 13:01
Location: Oxford-town.

Postby sportsdorkhater » 12 Sep 2005, 10:48

JohnnyDamon wrote:Wait, so you're in Jake Plummer? That's fucking nasty, Theny. Just fucking nasty.


JohnnyDamon wrote:That was just funny...I love the _...in a purely heterosexual way.


you guys are both nasty :lol:
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 18:25

Next

Return to NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: babylurch, SouthernYokel and 1 guest

cron