Postby Dthefritz » 08 Jan 2018, 22:37

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
jman wrote:More like Matt NAGL amirite?

It seems people are pretty underwhelmed :/

bears seems like a team where the fans mistakenly think they're an elite franchise and have wildly unrealistic expectations

Agreed. The bears aren’t on the national radar at all, the midwest version of the jets or Arizona cardinals. Mike Ditka is not walking through that door.

Considering Ditka is arguably the most overrated coach ever......good?

Cult of personality I guess, hes a legend in Chicago, the whole persona. There hasn’t been a lot to hang our hats on since he left so people remember that era very fondly.

Yeah, I took Jeckyll's post to mean "the Ditka era was the golden age" more so than he was responsible for the team's success. But if MTM has an anti-Ditka tirade, I would love to hear it.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Re: The Bears

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 08 Jan 2018, 23:02

Dthefritz wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

bears seems like a team where the fans mistakenly think they're an elite franchise and have wildly unrealistic expectations

Agreed. The bears aren’t on the national radar at all, the midwest version of the jets or Arizona cardinals. Mike Ditka is not walking through that door.

Cult of personality I guess, hes a legend in Chicago, the whole persona. There hasn’t been a lot to hang our hats on since he left so people remember that era very fondly.

Yeah, I took Jeckyll's post to mean "the Ditka era was the golden age" more so than he was responsible for the team's success. But if MTM has an anti-Ditka tirade, I would love to hear it.

No tirade, he's just an idiot. We could start with the Ricky trade, and god love me Ricky, but fucking dumb trade. People laugh about that trade while calling the Vikings/Herschel trade the worst in history - motherfucker didn't learn from that, how is his not worse? Supposed best defense of all time, sweet one super bowl that Buddy Ryan was more responsible for. And had to stroke his dick with a Fridge TD instead of giving Payton his moment. And cigars. Fuck cigars. He's just a dick cro-magnum dipshit baby boomer cocksucker who thinks he knows more than anyone despite not improving himself since 1984 and should get a kick to the dick by a midget on the hour every hour.

Nice restaurant though. Said no one.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 08 Jan 2018, 23:05

Dthefritz wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

No tirade, he's just an idiot. We could start with the Ricky trade, and god love me Ricky, but fucking dumb trade. People laugh about that trade while calling the Vikings/Herschel trade the worst in history - motherfucker didn't learn from that, how is his not worse? Supposed best defense of all time, sweet one super bowl that Buddy Ryan was more responsible for. And had to stroke his dick with a Fridge TD instead of giving Payton his moment. And cigars. Fuck cigars. He's just a dick cro-magnum dipshit baby boomer cocksucker who thinks he knows more than anyone despite not improving himself since 1984 and should get a kick to the dick by a midget on the hour every hour.

Ditka vs. a hurricane. Who would win?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Jan 2018, 23:47

Dthefritz wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

TY, enjoyed this non-tirade very much. My one quibble is that historically, midget cock-assaults are rather light on kicking.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby chrisco » 08 Jan 2018, 23:50

Dthefritz wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

TY, enjoyed this non-tirade very much. My one quibble is that historically, midget cock-assaults are rather light on kicking.

I saw Historical Midget Cock Assaults open for Kyuss.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 09 Jan 2018, 05:52

Dthefritz wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

TY as well, enjoyed the vitriol. Kind of forgot he coached the saints for a little. The ditka era was when it was actually fun to be a bears fan and we kicked the packers and Vikings asses every year. It was a glorious time! Another counterpoint:

Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 09 Jan 2018, 07:52

Dthefritz wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

The Vikes-Herschel trade is the worst in history because it gave us the 90s Cowboys, YOU ASSHOLES

The Saints-Skins trade gave us..... nothing

well, not nothing

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

seriously, who the hell greenlit this photo shoot?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 09 Jan 2018, 08:30

Yeah the Herschel trade was worse, I know. Just saying.

That cover, woof. Imagine how many blunts Ricky had to smoke after that to clear his soul.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby jman » 09 Jan 2018, 09:58

Elite franchise? No. But they are one of the building blocks of the NFL and one of the most historic teams in the league. And that's why people maintain their unrealistic expectations. They just seem to forget that all of the Bears championships except one came before the superb owl even existed.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 09 Jan 2018, 10:05

jman wrote:Elite franchise? No. But they are one of the building blocks of the NFL and one of the most historic teams in the league. And that's why people maintain their unrealistic expectations. They just seem to forget that all of the Bears championships except one came before the superb owl even existed.

plus the sox fans hate the cubs so there's always going to be a big divide there. the bears are the great unifier.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby JichaelDick » 09 Jan 2018, 10:08

jman wrote:Elite franchise? No. But they are one of the building blocks of the NFL and one of the most historic teams in the league. And that's why people maintain their unrealistic expectations. They just seem to forget that all of the Bears championships except one came before the superb owl even existed.

Where have you gone, Bill Osmanski?
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mister bacon » 09 Jan 2018, 10:38

goddamit jike
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Previous

Return to NFL