The Bears

Re: The Bears

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 10 Mar 2017, 09:58

i'm nonplussed by the Glennon signing, glad Cutler is gone of course but the Bears are the personification of a generic and uninteresting NFL franchise. at least the Jaguars usually have some late game theatrics/shenanigans to make things interesting. I don't think packers fans even notice us anymore :? .
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Mar 2017, 10:16

Dr Jeckyll wrote: I don't think packers fans even notice us anymore :? .

They notice you if only to tell Vikings fans you're their real rival.

God I hate Packers fans.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby jman » 10 Mar 2017, 10:46

I got no problem with Cutler being gone. He was at the very least done with the Bears if not done for good, and it made financial sense to get rid of him. But what's the plan going forward? If it's Mike Glennon then you'd better give the season ticket holders their money back, especially since their OL has been perennially shit and they've got zero receivers now. Cutler got his brains beat in and he could actually move once in a while. Are you actually considering using the #3 overall pick on a QB this year when all of them are less than meh and let him sit for a year under Glennon? Take a flyer on drafting another Mike Glennon deeper in the draft when you already have Mike Glennon starting? Just buying time until next years draft?
jman
Another dude worth meeting

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Mar 2017, 10:53

jman wrote:Are you actually considering using the #3 overall pick on a QB this year when all of them are less than meh and let him sit for a year under Glennon? Take a flyer on drafting another Mike Glennon deeper in the draft when you already have Mike Glennon starting? Just buying time until next years draft?

Yes, yes, and/or yes seems to be the answer.

Tough break, fam. The McCaskeys should thank Snyder and Jerruh and York because they're fucking awful and deserve to feel awful.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mister bacon » 10 Mar 2017, 11:16

jman wrote:Are you actually considering using the #3 overall pick on a QB this year when all of them are less than meh

i think watson is going to be good. i am not sure everyone assumes he won't be. aside from that your point is somewhat valid. bears can tank this year and next year's QB class is (allegedly) much stronger than this one.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JichaelDick » 10 Mar 2017, 11:22

The big knock on Watson is he sometimes takes unnecessary risks and turns the ball over too much. If that's true, don't know why he's any worse an option than Trubisky
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Mar 2017, 11:28

JichaelDick wrote:The big knock on Watson is he sometimes takes unnecessary risks and turns the ball over too much. If that's true, don't know why he's any worse an option than Trubisky

I don't get why Trubisky is even an option.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 Mar 2017, 11:33

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:The big knock on Watson is he sometimes takes unnecessary risks and turns the ball over too much. If that's true, don't know why he's any worse an option than Trubisky

I don't get why Trubisky is even an option.

Probably because he declared for the NFL draft and the teams in the NFL now have the opportunity to select him?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mister bacon » 10 Mar 2017, 11:33

meh, you can work with him on decision making. part of me thinks that his TOs were him trying to pull his team out of a lot of shit in some of their games i saw this season (like the season after famous jaemis won his title.. he had lots of TOs for the same reason). kids got heart, and fearlessly took on bama's loaded ass D and hung some points on their asses two years in a row. all while getting his ass smashed on every other play.

if you can't teach that kid to be a decent NFL QB, i think the problem is your coaching staff and not the player.

trubisky is another zach mettenburger.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Mar 2017, 11:38

mister bacon wrote:

meh, you can work with him on decision making. part of me thinks that his TOs were him trying to pull his team out of a lot of shit in some of their games i saw this season (like the season after famous jaemis won his title.. he had lots of TOs for the same reason). kids got heart, and fearlessly took on bama's loaded ass D and hung some points on their asses two years in a row. all while getting his ass smashed on every other play.

if you can't teach that kid to be a decent NFL QB, i think the problem is your coaching staff and not the player.

trubisky is another zach mettenburger.

(two thumbs up? really??)
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby jman » 10 Mar 2017, 11:39

mister bacon wrote:
jman wrote:Are you actually considering using the #3 overall pick on a QB this year when all of them are less than meh

i think watson is going to be good. i am not sure everyone assumes he won't be. aside from that your point is somewhat valid. bears can tank this year and next year's QB class is (allegedly) much stronger than this one.

of the QBs I like Watson, but I think #3 overall is too high to take any of them.

if that's true they could have kept Cutler and not thrown a bunch of money at Glennon. ](*,)
jman
Another dude worth meeting

Postby JichaelDick » 10 Mar 2017, 11:40

For the record, I'm a big Watson fan. I'm saying that may be why folks don't project him highly.

You know who else looked Alabama's loaded D in the eye and dropped points? This motherfucker.

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 10 Mar 2017, 11:50

JichaelDick wrote:For the record, I'm a big Watson fan. I'm saying that may be why folks don't project him highly.

You know who else looked Alabama's loaded D in the eye and dropped points? This motherfucker.

I have heard multiple NFL personnel experts say Swag Kelly is the best QB in the draft, but there is obvious concern that he will Maziel himself.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby JichaelDick » 10 Mar 2017, 11:57

I'm obviously biased, but I don't think he's Manziel bad. He has obvious issues that he needs to address (although some--like him running on the field at his little brother's HS game--are more sizzle than substance), but if he can keep it together, he's an insane talent.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Mar 2017, 11:59

I soured on DeShone Kizer this year, after last season i was calling him to be a lock NFL star. I see him as a Jason Campbell, fwiw.

Cool post.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

PreviousNext

Return to NFL