The Bears

Re: The Bears

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 26 Sep 2016, 13:58

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:Cris Collinsworth giving his thoughts on Jeremy Langford:

It’s really not his strength, breaking tackles or making moves on people.

haha, good stuff. what a running back, what a team.

Tell me more about Jordan Howard. I just picked him up in fantasy.

I think he'll be one of the top pickups this week, so good work being ahead of the curve a little. Langford will be out a few weeks, howard will definitely have the job during that time. and since Langford is so subpar, i think there's an excellent chance he takes the job permanently. maybe he could be a middle of the pack RB if everything goes right for him, wouldn't expect more than that considering the rest of the offense besides alshon blows. definitely worth owning, and potentially starting some weeks depending on your options.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 26 Sep 2016, 14:01

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

I think he'll be one of the top pickups this week, so good work being ahead of the curve a little. Langford will be out a few weeks, howard will definitely have the job during that time. and since Langford is so subpar, i think there's an excellent chance he takes the job permanently. maybe he could be a middle of the pack RB if everything goes right for him, wouldn't expect more than that considering the rest of the offense besides alshon blows. definitely worth owning, and potentially starting some weeks depending on your options.

Thank you. This is exactly the type of analysis that keeps me coming back to SOTSG.com every day.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 26 Sep 2016, 14:04

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Thank you. This is exactly the type of analysis that keeps me coming back to SOTSG.com every day.

This, and the 9.5 hours per day of gay jokes. #nnf
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 21 Oct 2016, 07:52

TheWolf wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

ROFL.

You should trade me Alshon. I'll give you a 5th. I am so depleted on offense right now. I'll tell you all about that, but this isn't the right thread. I'll go to a more appropriate one.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Theny » 21 Oct 2016, 08:06

ctz31 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

ROFL.

You should trade me Alshon. I'll give you a 5th. I am so depleted on offense right now. I'll tell you all about that, but this isn't the right thread. I'll go to a more appropriate one.

You scored 40+ last week. "Depleted on offense"....
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 27 Oct 2016, 11:56

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-jay-cutler-bears-mulligan-spt-1027-20161026-column.html

Two different league sources say Fox had told friends he was done with Cutler.

awkward...
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 27 Oct 2016, 12:06

Dr Jeckyll wrote:http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-jay-cutler-bears-mulligan-spt-1027-20161026-column.html

awkward...

Dr J, how much longer does the McCaskey family stick with Fox? The shine's wearing off getting the Panthers and Broncos to the Superb Owl. I lost all respect for him as a coach when he basically quit coaching during the 2010 season with the Panthers.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 27 Oct 2016, 12:15

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-jay-cutler-bears-mulligan-spt-1027-20161026-column.html

awkward...

Dr J, how much longer does the McCaskey family stick with Fox? The shine's wearing off getting the Panthers and Broncos to the Superb Owl. I lost all respect for him as a coach when he basically quit coaching during the 2010 season with the Panthers.

I have no idea, I'm kind of out of touch. Seems like they generally like to be pretty patient, even Jauron got awhile before getting shitcanned. I would be surprised if he didn't get at least one more year after this one.
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Nov 2016, 10:02

This is Kyle Long's injured ankle:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

Football is a rough sport!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 28 Nov 2016, 11:44

Great thread, better team. I had the bears +6.

ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby jman » 28 Nov 2016, 13:10

ctz31 wrote:Great thread, better team. I had the bears +6.

its Jay Cutler's fault
jman
Another dude worth meeting

Postby TheWolf » 28 Nov 2016, 21:44

I heard today that the Bears set a single game record for drops yesterday. Pretty impressive.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby CourtesyFlush » 10 Mar 2017, 09:38

jman--your thoughts on the signing of Glennon?

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby nerf66 » 10 Mar 2017, 09:46

Cutler Gone.

8 years. Signing Cutler offered some form of hope and excitement for a franchise that, with the exception of the Punky QB, had never had a decent quarterback in my lifetime. That hope quickly eroded as we watched a guy who didn't give a fuck get rewarded with a 125 million dollar contract. USPS of QBs. Sure, it works. Just don't expect it to really do anything other that be completely ordinary, regularly disappoint, and occasionally surprise you with an average performance.

What a fucking waste of time.

No more Cutler.

So I got that going for me which is nice.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby jman » 10 Mar 2017, 09:52

So Cutler's finally gone. Yay?

And they're throwing a bunch of money at Mike Glennon. Remember him? The guy the Bucs thought so highly of they paid a career backup a shitload of money to start over him and then drafted Winston first overall?

I guess Cutler wasn't mediocre enough for them.

And it wasn't too long ago they were in the discussion for most feared receiving corps in the league with Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery and the drafting of Kevin White. Now Marshall and Jeffery are both gone, White is looking like the typical bad/injured bust, and they've replaced each of them with dick-all.

Any room on that Panthers wagon?

ETA: sorry, didn't get in before the above posts.
jman
Another dude worth meeting

PreviousNext

Return to NFL