Boxing

Re: Boxing

Postby God Shamgod » 15 Jun 2017, 12:08

I also likedthe punchers chance guy. Yeah, Mayweather has never been knocked down in 49 fights over 20 years, but the other guy has a punchers chance!
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Theny » 15 Jun 2017, 12:11

the cheese wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:May will carry him for a few rounds for show, but it will get stopped when McGregors eyes are swollen shut after being hit with like 300 unanswered jabs or maybe he just walks into one like Ricky Hatton.

It's also going to be readily apparent to even the novice fan that McGregor has absolutely no business in the ring with him like 45 seconds in.

I think it could also end with McGregor going for some kind of MMA takedown and sparking a huge brawl.

That's why everyone is going to buy the PPV.

There's gotta be some clause in his deal that if he pulls some MMA stuff he doesn't get paid. Right?
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mj3528 » 15 Jun 2017, 12:12

Theny wrote:
the cheese wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:May will carry him for a few rounds for show, but it will get stopped when McGregors eyes are swollen shut after being hit with like 300 unanswered jabs or maybe he just walks into one like Ricky Hatton.

It's also going to be readily apparent to even the novice fan that McGregor has absolutely no business in the ring with him like 45 seconds in.

I think it could also end with McGregor going for some kind of MMA takedown and sparking a huge brawl.

That's why everyone is going to buy the PPV.

There's gotta be some clause in his deal that if he pulls some MMA stuff he doesn't get paid. Right?

I heard on Mike and Mike there is a clause in the contract he can't kick. I don't know the penalty for violating that clause.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Jun 2017, 13:27

surely there's nothing about him not getting paid because of MMA shit in the ring. the whole reason this is a PPV buy is because people think he's going to lose his shit after 8 rounds of getting pattycaked in the face without getting anywhere near mayweather. shit there should be a takedown bonus in the contract. automatic DQ in the fight, but 20% more of the purse.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 15 Jun 2017, 13:32

SouthernYokel wrote:surely there's nothing about him not getting paid because of MMA shit in the ring. the whole reason this is a PPV buy is because people think he's going to lose his shit after 8 rounds of getting pattycaked in the face without getting anywhere near mayweather. shit there should be a takedown bonus in the contract. automatic DQ in the fight, but 20% more of the purse.

One of the British betting services has it as 16:1 odds he gets disqualified because of an MMA move.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Theny » 15 Jun 2017, 13:34

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:surely there's nothing about him not getting paid because of MMA shit in the ring. the whole reason this is a PPV buy is because people think he's going to lose his shit after 8 rounds of getting pattycaked in the face without getting anywhere near mayweather. shit there should be a takedown bonus in the contract. automatic DQ in the fight, but 20% more of the purse.

One of the British betting services has it as 16:1 odds he gets disqualified because of an MMA move.

Time to bet the house, baby!
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby God Shamgod » 03 Jul 2017, 16:09

Man Pac got screwed. Why the hell was he going to Australia to fight that guy? Was cool that it was on ESPN doe.

Also, I am loving that side by side video of McGregor and Floyd (I know they are doing different drills). I would 100% KO myself trying to work one of those double end bags.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby God Shamgod » 20 Aug 2017, 07:42

Another big fight on ESPN. Awesome how Nebraska supports Bud Crawford. That was a sick body shot.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Aug 2017, 09:01

CourtesyFlush - Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:35 am: balls, can you make a post in the week end thread about your fight viewing experience Saturday eve?

- I went to my Brother-in-law's brothers house for The Big Fight. This dude is a 7-figga n*gga I think. Dude makes bank. Has courtside Sixers Season tix.
- The event was catered by some vendor. Food included: Burgers, pulled pork, chicken, mac and cheese, bunch of sides. And shit. There was a coffee station, and a desert station.
- There was multiple beers on tap, and varieties of bottles.
- As you saw on Insta, there was one of those stands with cardboard cutouts of the combatants, where you could take pics with them. And a variety of gear that you could use for your pics: Gloves, belts, country flags, the works!
- The Big Fight was on a gigantic projection screen in the back yard. This thing was the size of a movie theater screen. High Def, and he had stereo speakers to make it loud as crap. This mo-fo owns this thing, and evidently shows other fights and Eagles games on it. His wife is pretty good looking, and has fake Ts. She's like a Real Housewife type.
- We did a block pool sort of thing for $20 to win $500 (I think). I pulled May in 6. I did not win.
- I had an enjoyable time. There was maybe 50-60 ppl there. These guys with money pull hot babes. I wasnt jealous at all. I sat with my BIL and 3 other dudes. I knew one of the other dudes. Those 3 guys had a very in-depth conversation about GoT. The one guy said he viewed last weeks ep 3 times! I didnt even acknowledge that I watch it. I didnt want to be that douche, for once. I cannot speak positively about that program. its just so dumb.

I thought the fight was great. It was cool that Mayweather actually went on the attack for once. McGregor had no power, but he was landing a decent number of punches. He didnt look terrible.

I also watched the Cotto fight on HBO. That fight was interesting. The Asian came in for more punishment than I have seen just about anyone take. He loved it. Cotto was killing him, and he wouldnt go down or back off.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby CourtesyFlush » 28 Aug 2017, 09:08

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
CourtesyFlush - Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:35 am: balls, can you make a post in the week end thread about your fight viewing experience Saturday eve?

- I went to my Brother-in-law's brothers house for The Big Fight. This dude is a 7-figga n*gga I think. Dude makes bank. Has courtside Sixers Season tix.
- The event was catered by some vendor. Food included: Burgers, pulled pork, chicken, mac and cheese, bunch of sides. And shit. There was a coffee station, and a desert station.
- As you saw on Insta, there was one of those stands with cardboard cutouts of the combatants, where you could take pics with them. And a variety of gear that you could use for your pics: Gloves, belts, country flags, the works!
- The Big Fight was on a gigantic projection screen in the back yard. This thing was the size of a movie theater screen. High Def, and he had stereo speakers to make it loud as crap. This mo-fo owns this thing, and evidently shows other fights and Eagles games on it. His wife is pretty good looking, and has fake Ts. She's like a Real Housewife type.
- We did a block pool sort of thing for $20 to win $500 (I think). I pulled May in 6. I did not win.
- I had an enjoyable time. There was maybe 50-60 ppl there. These guys with money pull hot babes. I wasnt jealous at all. I sat with my BIL and 3 other dudes. I knew one of the other dudes. Those 3 guys had a very in-depth conversation about GoT. The one guy said he viewed last weeks ep 3 times! I didnt even acknowledge that I watch it. I didnt want to be that douche, for once. I cannot speak positively about that program. its just so dumb.

I thought the fight was great. It was cool that Mayweather actually went on the attack for once. McGregor had no power, but he was landing a decent number of punches. He didnt look terrible.

I also watched the Cotto fight on HBO. That fight was interesting. The Asian came in for more punishment than I have seen just about anyone take. He loved it. Cotto was killing him, and he wouldnt go down or back off.

Thank you, I en joyed this post. Sounds like a baller kind of night you had there hob knobbing with the upper class types.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Aug 2017, 09:14

CourtesyFlush wrote:

Thank you, I en joyed this post. Sounds like a baller kind of night you had there hob knobbing with the upper class types.

I agree, what a BSD our boy is.

Balls, what did you wear to this chi-chi event?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Aug 2017, 10:02

Gregs Kite wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

I agree, what a BSD our boy is.

Balls, what did you wear to this chi-chi event?

tshirt, coral shorts, red sox fitted hat
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Aug 2017, 10:44

Anyone else have the shitty PPV experience? Thank you, Xfinity. Really enjoyed 20 seconds of action, 20 seconds of pause, 20 seconds of action, 20 seconds of pause. Real stellar work there, cheers to everyone.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Aug 2017, 10:45

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Anyone else have the shitty PPV experience? Thank you, Xfinity. Really enjoyed 20 seconds of action, 20 seconds of pause, 20 seconds of action, 20 seconds of pause. Real stellar work there, cheers to everyone.

Dickie V knows what you're talking about.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Aug 2017, 10:49

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Anyone else have the shitty PPV experience? Thank you, Xfinity. Really enjoyed 20 seconds of action, 20 seconds of pause, 20 seconds of action, 20 seconds of pause. Real stellar work there, cheers to everyone.

I'm assuming it was just you and your lover, so didn't really ruin it for a bunch of people, right?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports