Boxing

Re: Boxing

Postby JichaelDick » 07 Jun 2016, 16:22

Frazier wasn't an Uncle Tom, even if noted militant Bryant Gumbel did call him a "white champion" after the Fight of the Century.

Not to get into too much, my great-grandpa passed away seven years ago and my memories of him are almost certainly going to be more positive because by the time I came around he was a very, very meek old man, but from my vantage point, he just hated showboats. He always liked Jerry Rice, for instance, and Walter Payton, and I heard him once get agitated watching an NBC showing of a Kings game when Jason Williams was the point guard. I'm not gonna say he was or wasn't racist. My grandpa and great-uncle were definitely Jerry Quarry guys.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby babylurch » 07 Jun 2016, 18:24

JichaelDick wrote:Frazier wasn't an Uncle Tom, even if noted militant Bryant Gumbel did call him a "white champion" after the Fight of the Century.

Not to get into too much, my great-grandpa passed away seven years ago and my memories of him are almost certainly going to be more positive because by the time I came around he was a very, very meek old man, but from my vantage point, he just hated showboats. He always liked Jerry Rice, for instance, and Walter Payton, and I heard him once get agitated watching an NBC showing of a Kings game when Jason Williams was the point guard. I'm not gonna say he was or wasn't racist. My grandpa and great-uncle were definitely Jerry Quarry guys.

They liked the sight of blood?

JK, sorta. IIRC, Quarry was a really tough motherfucker.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby God Shamgod » 26 Jun 2016, 10:53

Keith Thurman (local guy) and Shawn Porter on CBS last night was a great fight.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Oct 2016, 07:13

I think Shammy is the only dude on this board, and possibly in America, that cares about boxing, so tell me more about this Tyson Fury cat. He seems like a hoot.

It comes two days after Fury claimed on social media to have retired, before retracting the comment three hours later, saying it was a joke.

Speaking about his mental health issues, Fury added: "I can't deal with it and the only thing that helps me is when I get drunk out of my mind.

"They say I've got a version of bipolar. I'm a manic depressive. I just hope someone kills me before I kill myself."

FurySucksHisBalls, lol.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 05 Oct 2016, 07:26

Gregs Kite wrote:I think Shammy is the only dude on this board, and possibly in America, that cares about boxing, so tell me more about this Tyson Fury cat. He seems like a hoot.

It comes two days after Fury claimed on social media to have retired, before retracting the comment three hours later, saying it was a joke.

Speaking about his mental health issues, Fury added: "I can't deal with it and the only thing that helps me is when I get drunk out of my mind.

"They say I've got a version of bipolar. I'm a manic depressive. I just hope someone kills me before I kill myself."

FurySucksHisBalls, lol.

He is an Irish Traveller (gypsy). Their lives are fascinating and completely moronic.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby TheWolf » 05 Oct 2016, 07:49

They are a very interesting group. I once got stuck behind a group of them traveling via horse and buggy on a one lane road. I did not enjoy that drive.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JT99 » 05 Oct 2016, 07:52

TheWolf wrote:They are a very interesting group. I once got stuck behind a group of them traveling via horse and buggy on a one lane road. I did not enjoy that drive.

Sounds like you are talking about Dutch Amish, not Irish Travellers (based on the one documentary that I have seen of them)
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby TheWolf » 05 Oct 2016, 07:53

JT99 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:They are a very interesting group. I once got stuck behind a group of them traveling via horse and buggy on a one lane road. I did not enjoy that drive.

Sounds like you are talking about Dutch Amish, not Irish Travellers (based on the one documentary that I have seen of them)

No idea. I explained the scenario to my Irish coworkers and they said "probably Travelers." :beatkite:
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 07 Oct 2016, 15:22

Fuckin' travellers. The worse.
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby BigJohnStudd » 26 Oct 2016, 02:18

BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Gregs Kite » 16 Nov 2016, 12:59

Here's a lot of words about British boxers:

http://deadspin.com/how-british-boxing- ... socialflow

I will not read this because I am not Shamgod and don't care about boxing, but it could be a good pooper read.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Previous

Return to Other Sports