NASCAR

Re: NASCAR

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Feb 2017, 09:47

mister bacon wrote:Nascar, Once a Cultural Icon, Hits the Skids

Monster paid about $20 million, below Nascar’s asking price of $35 million and nowhere close to the original goal of $100 million, according to television and racing-industry executives familiar with the new contract. A Nascar spokesman wouldn’t comment.

the thing that upsets me the most about this is that it's going to result in me no longer getting nascar races on the teevee besides Daytona and maybe a Darlington or Bristol here or there when NBC's weekend schedule is empty.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 22 Feb 2017, 10:15

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:Nascar, Once a Cultural Icon, Hits the Skids

Monster paid about $20 million, below Nascar’s asking price of $35 million and nowhere close to the original goal of $100 million, according to television and racing-industry executives familiar with the new contract. A Nascar spokesman wouldn’t comment.

the thing that upsets me the most about this is that it's going to result in me no longer getting nascar races on the teevee besides Daytona and maybe a Darlington or Bristol here or there when NBC's weekend schedule is empty.

That article is behind a pay wall, but I did en joy this:
By Tripp Mickle

Any relation to Dick Trickle?

I haven't watched many races the last few years. The points/chase/playoffs system keeps changing and they're going to more homogenous tracks. I miss the days of races at Rockingham and North Wilkesboro. Now we get Kansas City and Chicago and California. Those tracks are all basically the same.

I'll watch Daytona, Talladega, and the Charlotte races but that's it.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Feb 2017, 10:20

yeah, i do not watch KC, Chicago, Michigan, California or Vegas. those 2 mile tracks are awful. I will drop everything to watch Bristol. Talladega is pretty boring to me until the run-up to the big crash starts. However...when that run-up does start and it's 3 wide for 10 rows and you're like "haha here we go, you morons"...that's good television
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 22 Feb 2017, 10:22

SouthernYokel wrote:yeah, i do not watch KC, Chicago, Michigan, California or Vegas. those 2 mile tracks are awful. I will drop everything to watch Bristol. Talladega is pretty boring to me until the run-up to the big crash starts. However...when that run-up does start and it's 3 wide for 10 rows and you're like "haha here we go, you morons"...that's good television

Oh yeah, Bristol is great too. Just round and round and round and beating the shit out of each other's cars.

I like when Fox does the 'CRANK IT UP' for the restrictor plate tracks. I turn up the surround sound and pop a testosterone boner.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 27 Feb 2017, 14:15

the new stage rule...i hate it.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 27 Feb 2017, 14:18

SouthernYokel wrote:the new stage rule...i hate it.

Didn't watch the race but listened to it on the radio on the way home. Yeah, I listened to a race on radio. Sounded like a lot of accidents during the portion I heard. I'm still confused about how the stage thing works--how does it work?

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 27 Feb 2017, 14:21

CourtesyFlush wrote:

Didn't watch the race but listened to it on the radio on the way home. Yeah, I listened to a race on radio. Sounded like a lot of accidents during the portion I heard. I'm still confused about how the stage thing works--how does it work?

you get a points bonus for leading at the end of a stage. otherwise it's no different really, no pausing the race or competition yellows at end of a stage. so there's this mad dash where everyone drives like morons, just like the end of the race. it sounds like a good idea, more crashes, actual hard racing, etc, but it just ends up being interminable yellow flags and knocking a bunch of competitive cars out of the race unnecessarily (there were 15 cars on the lead lap at the end of the 500, which included [generously] 6 drivers who might compete for the championship).
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 27 Feb 2017, 14:38

SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

you get a points bonus for leading at the end of a stage. otherwise it's no different really, no pausing the race or competition yellows at end of a stage. so there's this mad dash where everyone drives like morons, just like the end of the race. it sounds like a good idea, more crashes, actual hard racing, etc, but it just ends up being interminable yellow flags and knocking a bunch of competitive cars out of the race unnecessarily (there were 15 cars on the lead lap at the end of the 500, which included [generously] 6 drivers who might compete for the championship).

I kinda figured that's how it worked but hadn't seen it in use yet.

Guh. Just go back to the season long points thing like the old days. Add bonus points for winning races and multiple races. For the last race open it up to the guys who won the most during the season and determine the championship based on finish. It's not that difficult.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Goose » 27 Feb 2017, 14:48

I checked on the race about half a dozen times. All I saw were cars running under caution and Chris Myers. I don't know if that's a symptom of the new format or just coincidence, but I probably won't watch any more NASCAR this year.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby mj3528 » 27 Feb 2017, 14:54

Goose wrote:I checked on the race about half a dozen times. All I saw were cars running under caution and Chris Myers. I don't know if that's a symptom of the new format or just coincidence, but I probably won't watch any more NASCAR this year.

Plus aren't you going to the Indy Car race in St. Pete? You can set up in a turn and watch a car drive for 500 feet.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Goose » 27 Feb 2017, 16:50

mj3528 wrote:
Goose wrote:I checked on the race about half a dozen times. All I saw were cars running under caution and Chris Myers. I don't know if that's a symptom of the new format or just coincidence, but I probably won't watch any more NASCAR this year.

Plus aren't you going to the Indy Car race in St. Pete? You can set up in a turn and watch a car drive for 500 feet.

Wow! Are you trolling me from the files? If so, I'm impressed. =D+=

I think I mentioned on here once how shitty the St. Pete Grand Prix was the one time I went and that's almost a direct quote.

If that's not pulled from the files it's a little scary.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby mj3528 » 27 Feb 2017, 16:52

Goose wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Wow! Are you trolling me from the files? If so, I'm impressed. =D+=

I think I mentioned on here once how shitty the St. Pete Grand Prix was the one time I went and that's almost a direct quote.

If that's not pulled from the files it's a little scary.

That is not from the files, unless it was subconsciously.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby CourtesyFlush » 25 Apr 2017, 08:57

Dale Jr retiring after the 2017 season

Within the last 2 years Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards, and now Junior have all retired. People are already tuning out because of all the changes to the chase format. NASCAR is on life support.

Casual fans don't know the drivers and the season is way too long. Shorten the season, go back to tracks like Rockingham/Darlington, and eliminate some of the cookie cutter tracks like Kansas, Chicago, Fontana, and Kentucky.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 25 Apr 2017, 09:00

I think they should make them race in the rain too. give them channel tires and wiper blades. i can't watch Bristol on Monday, dudes.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 25 Apr 2017, 09:01

And get rid of the restrictor plates
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports