Little League Stories

Re: Little League Stories

Postby ctz31 » 12 Feb 2015, 15:08

nova wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
nova wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
nova wrote:Spook Little League Team Stripped of Title.

There must be something bigger, because stripping them of the US title for creatively drawing boundaries/poaching is a bit excessive. I think there are probably bigger issues - maybe an ineligible player? - that they're trying to cover up.

How is this different than an ineligible player? They brought in players from outside their area. Said players are by definition ineligible to play for their team. I'm all for a good cover up, but I think this one is exactly what they're reporting.

My thought is that the boundaries are often nebulous, and I'm sure that it's something that happens more often than not. This also is why Little League is becoming a dying piece of nostalgia in favor of AAU or other travel ball because of these arcane rules.

As a somewhat levelheaded black, do you find anything remotely racist about this? Are they getting picked on because white Merica cants handle a team of lil Jiggas winning shit?

No, this isn't racism but there are racial elements at play. It seems like there were people who were disbelieving that a team of black kids from the South Side could win against their precious angels who had been privately coached and tutored four nights a week at a pristine complex in Suburbia, Midwest USA. Likewise, it seems like an awful lot of resources to sink into investigating a team where only two or three members would be returning and a threat to repeat. I think there is a lot of "no fucking way" when it comes to black people doing things outside of what whites expect. For instance, I'm sure these kids have had their birth certificates pulled multiple times. Wouldn't put white people hiring private investigators to follow the kids around to make sure they're not going to a high school or something. I don't think the ends justify the means. If these kids lived in a neighboring town, and they fudged the lines to get them on JRW....I say no harm, no foul. If they're bussing these kids from outer suburbs, then it's shady. White people are just better at these things, and will rent an apartment or something long enough to establish residency and be above board.

Soooo...you're saying it's racism.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby the cheese » 12 Feb 2015, 15:09

Baseball is becoming as much of a rich kid sport as hockey was a decade ago.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby nova » 12 Feb 2015, 15:09

More prejudice than racism. This was about class. I would expect a similar investigation and outrage from the losing teams if these were white trash white kids from outside of OKC and they beat a team of well-heeled white kids all summer.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby the cheese » 12 Feb 2015, 15:14

nova wrote:More prejudice than racism. This was about class. I would expect a similar investigation and outrage from the losing teams if these were white trash white kids from outside of OKC and they beat a team of well-heeled white kids all summer.

Yeah, we wouldn't be suspicious of the Del City kids that kicked our ass. One of the Edmond dad'* would probably try to convince their best player's dad that he needed to come work for him and use the company's address as their mailing address and join the team, but our dads were realists who wanted to win.

*my dad probably would have asked if they had any blow.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby nova » 12 Feb 2015, 15:17

the cheese wrote:
nova wrote:More prejudice than racism. This was about class. I would expect a similar investigation and outrage from the losing teams if these were white trash white kids from outside of OKC and they beat a team of well-heeled white kids all summer.

Yeah, we wouldn't be suspicious of the Del City kids that kicked our ass. One of the Edmond dad'* would probably try to convince their best player's dad that he needed to come work for him and use the company's address as their mailing address and join the team, but our dads were realists who wanted to win.

*my dad probably would have asked if they had any blow.

That's what I'm saying. Sports are super fucking corrupt, and it's exponentially WORSE the younger the kids are.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby the cheese » 12 Feb 2015, 15:32

This is a really great way to grow the participation of minority children in baseball going forward. The number of blacks in the professional baseball has been declining for decades. You know what'll really bring the young black kids into the game? If you take a title away WON ON THE FIELD away from a bunch of inner city negro youths and give it to a bunch of white kids from the suburbs. Brilliant move, Little League Baseball. Brilliant move.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Colonel Angus » 19 Feb 2015, 10:41

Joe Pos thinks it was wrong to punish Jackie Robinson West for cheating: http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/missing-the-mission/
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby nova » 20 May 2015, 21:24

Local umpire caught in sting operation.

/x-post "Fresh Butt Chronicles"
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby nerf66 » 21 May 2015, 06:57

nova wrote:Local umpire caught in sting operation.

/x-post "Fresh Butt Chronicles"

c'mon bro. that's a xpost to diddler thread. (right? or is this the kind of fresh butt you always talk about?)
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Previous

Return to Other Sports