Little League Stories

Re: Little League Stories

Postby TVF wannabe » 04 May 2012, 10:01

mj3528 wrote:
Prez wrote:Today's installment of "Stump the Ump":

The batter is walked and sprints down to 1B Pete Rose style. He overruns 1B and is tagged by the firstbaseman holding the ball. What's the call?


Depends if he runs straight through the base, or rounds the bag. Straight through = safe. Rounds the bag = out.

(that is a guess)

I screwed up yesterday by misreading your question. Today I'll assume that your asking because you cant overrun a walk otherwise I would have thought what MJ said.
User avatar
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5458
Joined: 07 Jun 2006, 14:16

Re: Little League Stories

Postby bosux » 04 May 2012, 10:09

TVF wannabe wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Prez wrote:Today's installment of "Stump the Ump":

The batter is walked and sprints down to 1B Pete Rose style. He overruns 1B and is tagged by the firstbaseman holding the ball. What's the call?


Depends if he runs straight through the base, or rounds the bag. Straight through = safe. Rounds the bag = out.

(that is a guess)

I screwed up yesterday by misreading your question. Today I'll assume that your asking because you cant overrun a walk otherwise I would have thought what MJ said.


why is the first baseman holding the ball after a walk?
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
User avatar
bosux
Dr. Poop
 
Posts: 17151
Joined: 08 Jun 2005, 10:31
Location: river ave garage, top deck

Re: Little League Stories

Postby Prez » 04 May 2012, 10:11

bosux wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Prez wrote:Today's installment of "Stump the Ump":

The batter is walked and sprints down to 1B Pete Rose style. He overruns 1B and is tagged by the firstbaseman holding the ball. What's the call?


Depends if he runs straight through the base, or rounds the bag. Straight through = safe. Rounds the bag = out.

(that is a guess)

I screwed up yesterday by misreading your question. Today I'll assume that your asking because you cant overrun a walk otherwise I would have thought what MJ said.


why is the first baseman holding the ball after a walk?


For the sake of this question, presumably to tag the runner after he overruns 1B. (The ball was thrown to him by the catcher)
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 9951
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: Little League Stories

Postby bosux » 04 May 2012, 10:13

Prez wrote:
bosux wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Prez wrote:Today's installment of "Stump the Ump":

The batter is walked and sprints down to 1B Pete Rose style. He overruns 1B and is tagged by the firstbaseman holding the ball. What's the call?


Depends if he runs straight through the base, or rounds the bag. Straight through = safe. Rounds the bag = out.

(that is a guess)

I screwed up yesterday by misreading your question. Today I'll assume that your asking because you cant overrun a walk otherwise I would have thought what MJ said.


why is the first baseman holding the ball after a walk?



For the sake of this question, presumably to tag the runner after he overruns 1B. (The ball was thrown to him by the catcher)


he's out
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
User avatar
bosux
Dr. Poop
 
Posts: 17151
Joined: 08 Jun 2005, 10:31
Location: river ave garage, top deck

Re: Little League Stories

Postby Rodney Farva » 04 May 2012, 11:28

i'm with mj on this thriller
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24692
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Little League Stories

Postby Prez » 04 May 2012, 11:31

bosux wrote:
Prez wrote:
bosux wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Prez wrote:Today's installment of "Stump the Ump":

The batter is walked and sprints down to 1B Pete Rose style. He overruns 1B and is tagged by the firstbaseman holding the ball. What's the call?


Depends if he runs straight through the base, or rounds the bag. Straight through = safe. Rounds the bag = out.

(that is a guess)

I screwed up yesterday by misreading your question. Today I'll assume that your asking because you cant overrun a walk otherwise I would have thought what MJ said.


why is the first baseman holding the ball after a walk?



For the sake of this question, presumably to tag the runner after he overruns 1B. (The ball was thrown to him by the catcher)


he's out


Everyone is right! This is just like T-ball, line up to get your trophies.

This is sort of a trick question, because it depends on what rules are being used. For most rule sets, MLB (also know as OBR or "Official Baseball Rules"), College, LL etc. the runner is safe. The runner is allowed to overrun 1B in any situation as long as he doesn't make any attempt to advance to 2B and he returns to 1B immediately.

In High School, also known as FED (National Federation of High Schools), the runner cannot overrun 1B on a walk, or he is liable to be tagged out.

tmyk
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 9951
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: Little League Stories

Postby Prez » 08 Jun 2012, 00:06

A guy that I coached Little League with for 5 years has a son who turned out to be a pretty decent player.
He plays college baseball with no left hand

Great kid and family.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 9951
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: Little League Stories

Postby mister bacon » 24 Jun 2012, 17:02

2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25811
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Little League Stories

Postby Rodney Farva » 10 Jul 2012, 01:08

sacramento wants to get a major league team. in baseball. that they need something called a "think big sacramento task force" kind of calls their viability as a big-league market into question.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24692
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Little League Stories

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 19 Aug 2014, 11:05

User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 12441
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Little League Stories

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Aug 2014, 11:12

MisterTambourineMan wrote:


I was wondering when someone was going to post this. I know we hate anything that's feel good, so it's nice to see this.

Also, do they record all the teams after games like this? I'd hate to think this was staged.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 22638
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Little League Stories

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 19 Aug 2014, 11:14

Of course this douche had to pan down at 1:02 to show the Red Sox score. At least they lost, doe.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18170
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Little League Stories

Postby Prez » 19 Aug 2014, 12:15

Gregs Kite wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:


I was wondering when someone was going to post this. I know we hate anything that's feel good, so it's nice to see this.

Also, do they record all the teams after games like this? I'd hate to think this was staged.


I don't think it was staged, the managers are all mic'ed. This guy had given an inspirational pep talk the previous night when they came back and won in the bottom of the 6th. I think they all knew he was going to make everyone cry when they lost.

I've seen way too many coaches that only care about winning to the extent that they let their pitchers throw over 150 pitches etc. This guy is a nice change of pace.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 9951
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: Little League Stories

Postby nova » 19 Aug 2014, 12:23

Prez wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:


I was wondering when someone was going to post this. I know we hate anything that's feel good, so it's nice to see this.

Also, do they record all the teams after games like this? I'd hate to think this was staged.


I don't think it was staged, the managers are all mic'ed. This guy had given an inspirational pep talk the previous night when they came back and won in the bottom of the 6th. I think they all knew he was going to make everyone cry when they lost.

I've seen way too many coaches that only care about winning to the extent that they let their pitchers throw over 150 pitches etc. This guy is a nice change of pace.


He's alright. Seems to love the fact that's he's mic'd and on camera. When that fat kid hit that home run, all you could hear was his obnoxious ass.

Speaking of which...that fat kid's mom has tremendous shark potential:

Image
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25439
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Re: Little League Stories

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 19 Aug 2014, 12:28

nova wrote:Speaking of which...that fat kid's mom has tremendous shark potential:

Image


Possibly, but the breast tat, to me, has usually indicated trailer park honkeys sticking with trailer park honkeys, to me.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 12441
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests