Little League Stories

Little League Stories

Postby Frank the Tank » 24 Apr 2005, 17:55

My eldest son's first little league game was tonight. You see a lot of questionable baseball plays at these games (of course, since the players are 7/8 years old) but I think I saw my most humorous kid baseball moment yet. They let the kids be first/thrid-base coaches. It was fairly cold today and the third-base coach pulled his arms inside his jersey to stay warm. The play then started and a kid was running from second. The third-base coach kid then realized he need to wave in the runner and essentially fell down while trying to wiggle his arms out the shirt-sleeve holes. Parents aren't supposed to laugh at other people's kids but sometimes it's just so damn hard!!!
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby jack_daniels » 24 Apr 2005, 18:06

I loved the brawls.

We had a rivalry with this club cross town, and every time we faced each other it would usually end up in a heated argument between the coaches or like this one time, a huge fight.

I was a pitcher, and there was this guy on the other team i hated cuz he was a fuckin show off all the time, so I threw one straight for his face. His head cracked open and started bleeding, all of a sudden THE COACH from the other team comes and tries to take me down. I was 14 15, so I was pretty big. I ended up kneeing him in his face, but he grabbed my shirt and was ready to punch me in the face. Luckily by that time everyone was out and pure chaos ensued, my coach who was so cool, took the other coach and headbutted him. LOL. He went straight down. Thank god too, that coach wouldve killed me. Half the kids went to the hospital, I was ok. I made the show off CRY :twisted: . Hehehe. Mission accomplished.

Everyone was let off unpunished, except me. I was banned from the league for life, a league I paid 200 to get into. But that was only cuz, I was notorious in hockey leagues for starting fights basically every game. I was a goon. I loved it. the hockey league I'm in now allows body contact, but instigating/fighting is not permitted. I'm going to have to change all that :twisted:.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby bostonredsox1002 » 24 Apr 2005, 19:15

sweet.. i got a pretty good one too

so see theres this jerk pitcher that i hate so much. he like hit me 5 times before and last year in the championship game we played his team and i struck out in the classic 3-2 bases loaded down by 3 runs 2 outs bottom of the ninth situation. fast forward to the next years championship. it was a best of 5 and we won the first 2 but lost the next 2, and we're feeling pretty bad. so the coach puts me at leadoff, and naturally the jerk pitcher throws right at me. I duck run up to him, and smack him over a head with the bat. naturally, he gets a concussion and crap, and benches clear. i nail the other teams coach who tried to pull a don zimmer on me, and he goes down. so the game gets postponed to next week. so this pitcher makes a miraculous recovery and next time i face him, he intetionally walks me. i steal 2nd and 3rd and then get batted in to get us the 1-0 lead. this spurs on our team and we blow them out 11-2. the jerk pitcher runs up to me and tries to like kill me with a bat, but i duck and my whole team restrains him and mobs him. it ended up being a pretty good day.
Ultimate Frisbee record: 1-1
Back on track son.
bostonredsox1002
Etiquette Instructor

Postby nerf66 » 25 Apr 2005, 16:47

jack_daniels wrote:I loved the brawls.

We had a rivalry with this club cross town, and every time we faced each other it would usually end up in a heated argument between the coaches or like this one time, a huge fight.

I was a pitcher, and there was this guy on the other team i hated cuz he was a fuckin show off all the time, so I threw one straight for his face. His head cracked open and started bleeding, all of a sudden THE COACH from the other team comes and tries to take me down. I was 14 15, so I was pretty big. I ended up kneeing him in his face, but he grabbed my shirt and was ready to punch me in the face. Luckily by that time everyone was out and pure chaos ensued, my coach who was so cool, took the other coach and headbutted him. LOL. He went straight down. Thank god too, that coach wouldve killed me. Half the kids went to the hospital, I was ok. I made the show off CRY :twisted: . Hehehe. Mission accomplished.

Everyone was let off unpunished, except me. I was banned from the league for life, a league I paid 200 to get into. But that was only cuz, I was notorious in hockey leagues for starting fights basically every game. I was a goon. I loved it. the hockey league I'm in now allows body contact, but instigating/fighting is not permitted. I'm going to have to change all that :twisted:.

I'm going to have to call you on this one. No way this happened.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby JohnnyDamon » 25 Apr 2005, 17:38

One of my favorite memories is scoring the winning run in the Russellville Park and Rec Department's 11-12 year old championship game. It was a best of 3, my team won game 1 3-2, lost game 2 4-3. I was never a really good hitter, I was kind of a powerless Mark Bellhorn, meaning I struck out or walked a whole lot. My team had the best pitcher in the league, while the team we faced had the second best pitcher in the league. In typical fashion, it was a low-scoring game, 0-0 going into the 9th inning (we were supposed to play 6, but we were in extras). In this game, I was 0-3 with 2 strikeouts and a walk. I led off the 9th. The aforementioned pitcher had been taken out due to the rule that you can only pitch so many innings in a week, and he had closed the second game, pitching 2 innings. So their second pitcher, who later became the ace of our high school staff, comes in. I ran the count to 3-2, and on the next pitch, I hit a bloop single into centerfield. I was the slowest guy on the team, if not the league, so nobody expected me to do anything. On the first pitch, I took off. Everybody at the stadium was in shock, including the catcher, who held the ball for 2 full seconds, giving me just enough time to slide in. Our leadoff hitter was intentionally walked, and our next guy sac bunted me and the leadoff hitter a base. Our best hitter was walked, setting up our cleanup hitter. He had hit 3 homeruns in our first game, and looked great until the playoffs started, where he was mired in an 0-22 slump. On the first pitch, he hit a fly ball that looked to be an easy popout. I tagged, waiting on the inevitable collision between me and their catcher (who happened to be my best friend). However, I looked back, and their leftfielder lost it in the lights, and I took off. I looked back, and the ball had landed about 30 feet behind the fence. In the confusion, he passed the runner on first, meaning only my run counted, the deciding run in a 1-0 win.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby jack_daniels » 25 Apr 2005, 19:08

nerf66 wrote:
jack_daniels wrote:I loved the brawls.

I'm going to have to call you on this one. No way this happened.

I swear on my life. The league was called the Rexdale Amateur Baseball league, membership was $200. If you wanted to join reps. it wouldve been double that. Ill admit, I sucked that baseball, except pitching which I was good at. That other team we faced was full of white people, and my team consisted of brown guys and black guys. You wouldnt believe the shit thos faggots said to us between innings and before and after games. If anything, I shouldve received a medal for what I've done.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Rickey Sez » 25 Apr 2005, 21:10

One time I was in Little League, I hit a game winning home run.

But it wasn't an out-of the park jack. Oh no. I popped it up to the first baseman. He dropped it. I was safe.

Ball was on the ground. 1B-Boy started arguin' with the ump over whether it was fair or foul.

Rickey, man, Rickey didn't give a damn. Rickey just kept running. Rickey touched home plate with a 3-run dinger, or, as "the kids" say a, a "tall jack". ("the kids" being Don Orsillo, of course, who was calling Rickey's Little League game for NESN. Hell, Rickey's gotta play somewhere. And The Media, well, The Media hearts The Rickey.)

So Rickey crossed the plate and the ump waved his arms around in the little punk's face and said "HOME RUN!"

Bitch 1B got in Rickey's face and tired to shove him. Rickey pulled the ol' jukey-juke and said to the bitch-ass 1B "Nevah been a nigga this good for this long!"

In the audience that day was a 15 year old Jay-Z. And he heard Rickey Say what Rickey Sez.

Yeah. I think we know where that song came from.

So anyways... Rickey walked back to the dugout, high-fivin' his homiez that he knocked in. Rickey'z teammates carried him into the dugout on a wave of ecstasy.

Caught up in the moment, Rickey'z teammatez carried his head right into the dugout and gave Rickey a concuzzion.

Rickey wuz knocked out for a moment. Didn't know where he wuz.

When Rickey came to, bitch-ass 1B pulled out a Nine on Rickey, sayin' "nigga, that ain't no home run."

Then everything came to Rickey. All the youth-martial arts training Rickey took (Rickey studied martial artz with the Wu-Tang clan when he was younger. ODB , Rickey'z pourin' out hiz foty to you, home slice! Give the Good Lord hell! Wu-Tang Clan ain't nuthin' to f*ck wit!) came back to Rickey in a rush.

Rickey Sed, "yeah? and dis ain't no Crane Kick to da fizzace, neither!"

And then Rickey went all Ralph Macchio on the bitch's face.

WIZZAM!

Who wizzent to the emergency room with a cizzoncuzziotion? Not Rickey.

Yeah. How'd ya like DEM applez?
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby Parker45 » 25 Apr 2005, 21:14

Is it sad that whenever Rickey gets in "Rickey-mode" I try to imagine what he would sound like and all that comes out is Chris Rock from "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka!"?

"Nawww man, I meant ONE rib"
Parker45
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Rickey Sez » 25 Apr 2005, 21:25

Parker45 wrote:Is it sad that whenever Rickey gets in "Rickey-mode" I try to imagine what he would sound like and all that comes out is Chris Rock from "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka!"?

Funny you mention that, Parker. Cuz that's what getz in Rickey'z head when he getz into Rickey mode.

Newark Bearz! Rule! How much fo' just one rib?!!?!!? What if I just put my mouth under the Sprite there...

(okay. thoze aren't exact quotez... but you feelin Rickey???)
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby Parker45 » 25 Apr 2005, 21:30

Rickey Sez wrote:
Parker45 wrote:Is it sad that whenever Rickey gets in "Rickey-mode" I try to imagine what he would sound like and all that comes out is Chris Rock from "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka!"?

Funny you mention that, Parker. Cuz that's what getz in Rickey'z head when he getz into Rickey mode.

Newark Bearz! Rule! How much fo' just one rib?!!?!!? What if I just put my mouth under the Sprite there...

"Why don'tcha pour some of dat bahbehque sauce in mah hands..."
Parker45

Postby Rickey Sez » 25 Apr 2005, 21:35

Parker45 wrote:
Rickey Sez wrote:

That movie is sooo freakin' funny. The Wayans' movie work has been spotty at best... but I'm Gonna Git You Sucka! ? Comedy Gold.

jack_daniels, have you ever seen it? Cuz if you haven't... this is something you need to see RIGHT NOW. Go out and rent it RIGHT NOW!

has there ever been a movie that screamed out "jack_daniels" as much as I'm Gonna Git You Sucka!?!?
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby jack_daniels » 25 Apr 2005, 21:38

For sure. I will check it out.

staying on the theme of stupid urban movies, did anyone here watch The Wash? Snoop and Dre run a car wash, with High-larious results. Check it out.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Parker45 » 25 Apr 2005, 21:39

Rickey Sez wrote:
Parker45 wrote:
Rickey Sez wrote:

That movie is sooo freakin' funny. The Wayans' movie work has been spotty at best... but I'm Gonna Git You Sucka! ? Comedy Gold.

jack_daniels, have you ever seen it? Cuz if you haven't... this is something you need to see RIGHT NOW. Go out and rent it RIGHT NOW!

has there ever been a movie that screamed out "jack_daniels" as much as I'm Gonna Git You Sucka!?!?

Absolutely it is JD material. Fantabulous movie. Nice support given by the one and only Jim Brown too...

Sooooo many quotes from that movie.

"Man, look at that cat, he got fish in his shooooes. What's he need fish in his shoes fo?"

"Maybe he's huuuuuuuuungry..."
Parker45

Postby Rickey Sez » 25 Apr 2005, 21:55

BITCH BETTAH HAVE MY MONEY!
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby Parker45 » 25 Apr 2005, 21:57

Rickey Sez wrote:BITCH BETTAH HAVE MY MONEY!

"...Through rain or sleet or snow. Not half, not some, but all of my cash. And if she don't, I'm gonna put a foot right in her ass."

"It's Shakespeare!"
Parker45

Next

Return to Other Sports