A Tradition Unlike Any Other...The Masters

Re: A Tradition Unlike Any Other...The Masters

Postby Frank the Tank » 31 Jan 2018, 15:57

Rodney Farva wrote:guy i work with just told me he's probably going to have tickets to this year's monday practice round and if he gets them he'll give one to me. i just went from six o'clock to twelve o'clock.

A former colleague who wants his business to partner with my business (something I can’t say yes to due to corporate guidelines) offered me tickets to Thursday and Friday, as well as lodging and meals, if I agreed to the partnership. I couldn’t do it of course, but it did make me far sadder that I had to say no than I had previously been.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 31 Jan 2018, 16:10

Frank the Tank wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:guy i work with just told me he's probably going to have tickets to this year's monday practice round and if he gets them he'll give one to me. i just went from six o'clock to twelve o'clock.

A former colleague who wants his business to partner with my business (something I can’t say yes to due to corporate guidelines) offered me tickets to Thursday and Friday, as well as lodging and meals, if I agreed to the partnership. I couldn’t do it of course, but it did make me far sadder that I had to say no than I had previously been.

If you were allowed to partner with him otherwise, doesn't the whole "partner with me and I'll give you these tickets" thing constitute an even bigger ethical violation?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 31 Jan 2018, 16:18

TheWolf wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

If you were allowed to partner with him otherwise, doesn't the whole "partner with me and I'll give you these tickets" thing constitute an even bigger ethical violation?

If I did the partnering because of the tickets, yes. If we had already partnered and then he gave me the tickets to the Masters so we could market jointly to our client base, no.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby CourtesyFlush » 31 Jan 2018, 17:09

I went to the Monday practice round last year. They evacuated the course twice because of weather (with play being suspended for the day after the second weather evacuation). My recommendation would be to hit up the merchandise shop as early as possible since weather can be an issue that time of year in the southeast. We were going to go in there after the first delay and they ran us off the course almost as soon as we got back onto the grounds. Still ended up getting a flag from someone else later that week.

Course is absolutely amazing though--it's even more spectacular in person than it appears on tv. And concessions are ridiculously inexpensive.

ETA: And it's hilly as all get out. You'll get a better appreciation for the elevation changes after you see Augusta National in person.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 31 Jan 2018, 17:30

Thanks Flush. That’s the kind of stuff I’m excited for: seeing the course and how different it is from tv, getting a pimento cheese sandwich, grabbing some swag. Weird, I admit.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 31 Jan 2018, 20:43

I bet Farva could go through 16 shirts walking around a course that hilly. You sweaty son of a-bitch.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rodney Farva » 31 Jan 2018, 22:20

TheWolf wrote:I bet Farva could go through 16 shirts walking around a course that hilly. You sweaty son of a-bitch.

zo.gif

doe you gotta answer for that stray hyphen
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 31 Jan 2018, 22:25

Rodney Farva wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I bet Farva could go through 16 shirts walking around a course that hilly. You sweaty son of a-bitch.

zo.gif

There was nothing stray about it. You're a smart guy; you'll figure it out.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Feb 2018, 08:40

TheWolf wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

zo.gif

Should’ve gone with “sweaty son of a-beetch”.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 01 Feb 2018, 09:49

Frank the Tank wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

zo.gif

Should’ve gone with “sweaty son of a-beetch”.

I thought of that after the fact, too. Definitely would have worked better.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 01 Feb 2018, 10:13

Watching other people play golf live with 30 million other people is fun. :^o I like walking too.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby SouthernYokel » 01 Feb 2018, 10:25

ctz31 wrote:Watching other people play golf live with 30 million other people is fun. :^o I like walking too.

Pimento cheese sango is still only $1.50!
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Feb 2018, 11:27

ctz31 wrote:Watching other people play golf live with 30 million other people is fun. :^o I like walking too.

I do enjoy going to the Travelers Championship when it’s here. It’s not the end-all be-all of sports entertainment, but it’s a fun time seeing the golfers in an environment where you can really appreciate just how frickin’ far they hit it. Having access to one of the hospitality tents with some A/C though is key.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Theny » 01 Feb 2018, 11:30

Frank the Tank wrote:

I do enjoy going to the Travelers Championship when it’s here. It’s not the end-all be-all of sports entertainment, but it’s a fun time seeing the golfers in an environment where you can really appreciate just how frickin’ far they hit it. Having access to one of the hospitality tents with some A/C though is key.

Agreed. Golf tourneys are fun as hell.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mj3528 » 01 Feb 2018, 11:32

Theny wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

Agreed. Golf tourneys are fun as hell.

One of my favorite weekends of the year was going to the Memorial Tournament in Columbus. Thursdays or Fridays were especially fun since it was not as crowded. Standing 5 feet behind John Daly as he teed off with a driver was incredible to watch.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports