Most Hated Sports Personality

Re: Most Hated Sports Personality

Postby the cheese » 14 Mar 2017, 10:50

SWEET SIXTEEN

Phil Simms versus Bomani Jones - I like Bomani. #SNS. Phil is pretty awful, but I rarely watch NFL football with the sound on unless it's Troy and Joe or Al and Cris. I remember Phil being terrible doe, so circle gets the square.

Stephen A. Smith versus Joe Buck - I don't mind Joe. Stephen is turrible. Just turrible.

Peter King versus Mike Greenberg - The only thing I hate more than vanilla white guys who traffic in conventional wisdom dressed up as saged punditry is middle-aged white guys who traffic in conventional wisdom dressed up as saged punditry with a latte and slice of orange in their beers.

Skip Bayless versus Dan Dakich - His brother is so nice though!

Mark May versus Chris Berman - One of two strong opinions I have on this list. Fuck Mark May with a rusty spoon. Coonin' assed coon.

Bill Simmons versus Drew Magary - Neither of these guys are ubiquitous enough to merit any rage or anger.

Colin Cowherd versus Dick Vitale - Dicky V is a goddamn legend. Colin is an asshole.

Chris Broussard versus Clay Travis - Clay Travis is what Gregs Kite thinks I am, but with more money.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 14 Mar 2017, 11:16

PHIL SIMMS - he ruins NFL telecasts. CBS likes him. Nantz must like him, or he would have to be forced out by now. Does he still do the All Iron team that was a rip off of The All Madden team. What a doofus.

STEPHEN A. SMITH - I don't get the Joe Buck hate. He does a good job, and every time I have seen him interviewed he seems self-deprecating and a decent guy. Remember Dream Job? Steven A. Smith was a judge. He dropped this wisdom with a critique: "Style over substance don't mean a thing". Interesting comment coming from him.

SKIP BAYLESS - "That's the hottest seat in sports media". Their audience is less than a million people I think. How does he make so much money?

CHRIS BERMAN - Man this was tough. Mark May is so terrible, but I guess Berman is worse. Watching that fat tub of goo play in the Pebble Beach Pro-Am is fascinating.

BILL SIMMONS - They are both similar in that they rely on crutches and tropes in their writing, but I haven't tired of Drew yet. It seems like Bill has forgotten how to write completely.

DICK VITALE - He is a legend, but still ruins college basketball telecasts. Mercifully he is gone by the tournament and I don't watch much college basketball other than Ohio State games. Cowherd's co-host is pretty.

MIKE GREENBERG - I wish I could find the picture of him sitting next to Erin Andrews for a "Who's Now" segment on ESPN. It was classic douche, trying too hard and looking like he wanted to see if he could pick up EA. He was on a local radio promoting his novel that no one read and he was such a dick.

CHRIS BROUSSARD - If anyone was as wrong as often as he is, they would be fired. Is he still on ESPN? I never see him anymore mercifully.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby jman » 14 Mar 2017, 13:30

Phil Simms versus Bomani Jones
I don't think he's the worst but he's pretty bad. And he's bad and he's on the TV all the damn time.

Stephen A. Smith versus Joe Buck
I fucking hate Joe Buck but at least he's decent at what he does. I hardly ever watch ESPN anymore except for live sporting events, but I flipped it on the other day and SAS was droning on about some NBA player, and literally took about 2 minutes to say something that could have been said in one 10-second sentence. The master of sounding important but actually saying nothing.

Peter King versus Mike Greenberg
Don't listen to his show anymore but he was always annoying as fuck. Can't imagine how insufferable he is with Northwestern in the tourney.

Skip Bayless versus Dan Dakich
Just a miserable dickhead

Mark May versus Chris Berman
They're both annoying as shit but at least Berman makes things a little entertaining even though he's being annoying. May is just useless and annoying.

Bill Simmons versus Drew Magary
The meteor

Colin Cowherd versus Dick Vitale
See Chris Berman description for Vitale. See SAS description for Cowherd.

Chris Broussard versus Clay Travis
Don't care.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Mar 2017, 13:43

Phil Simms-God, Simms is awful. Stop it, get some help.

Stephen A. Smith-Buck isn't that bad anymore. I hate hot taekery

Peter King-PK and Greeny are both fairly milquetoast, but Greeny has never taken a foul ball from a child

Skip Bayless-Dakich is awful, but Skippy is just the worst in hot taekery

Chris Berman-I understand that Berman means a lot to ESPN, but he should have been let go 15 years ago.

Bill Simmons-Magary's mental breakdown post-Trump notwithstanding, Simpson is just the goddamn worst.

Colin Cowherd-Dookie V is way past his sell by date, but Cowherd is just too far gone.

Clay Travis-I'm with Yorkel. You used to be entertaining. Becoming that guy for clicks is just...ugh. Broussard at least have us a funny moment with Mempis
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Mar 2017, 18:42

Dr Jeckyll wrote:s the plan to eventually participate in JT99's tournament, or just to repeat the same complaint about his entrants a few more times?

I don't know, I might have some more bitching to do about the sports personalities he designated to be bitched about. I guess I should use the vote format to appease the gods of thread integrity.

I don't know or care enough about most of these people to do a full vote, but hmmm.... I'll shockingly go with Simmons.

Regardless of what you think about Simmons or Magary, it should be noted that Magary branched out and wrote a novel which, as I understand it, is being adapted into a movie. While Drew will never have close to the success or wealth that Simmons has, and remain skeptical that the novel is any good, he succeeded where Bill has failed in achieving some sort of measurable success on the creative side of things.

Also I'll go with Cowherd while we're here. Not even for his infamous John Wall or Sean Taylor asshattery. But for quote:

I root for the artist. I root for Glenn Beck, Howard Stern, Bill Simmons. At my core, we’re all painters.”

Yes, I'm sure Bellini, Raphael and Rembrandt are sipping a glass of prosecco in heaven waiting for you to join their table in the sky to pontificate on the nature of truth, beauty and the divine. What an unbelievable cocksucker.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby ctz31 » 14 Mar 2017, 19:25

First off i must commend the committee. Usually half way through round one of a tournament the lazy ass f*ggots of sotsg are mailing in their votes. We are almost through rd 2 of this one and some of the worst voters historically like jichael are still voting w commentary. I think this tourney idea is retarded and if anyone cares about this they are half a moron, but i guess if the topic puts asses in the seats i'll get on bored. good job jt.

SWEET SIXTEEN

I'm calling a simms victory like simon cowell called carrie underwoods chip when it was top 12 left still. He's the worse.

Buck doesn't bother me but all i have to go on is him getting punked by artie and getting all bent outta shape instead of rolling w it. what a f*g.

PK is relevant even w normal people unlike the other guy.

Dakich Ok.

God you guys are the worse. Oh, Chris Berman makes sports fun and is entertaining. I hate him! idiots. May.

Simmons will face simms in the final. he's such a dork. hi bill. hi drew. you f*ggots.

Dickie V is another one that makes sports fun. shocked we hate him. oh he appreciates the greatness of duke! the new england of college ball w out the systematic cheating. grrr. colin

yeah? travis i guess.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby JT99 » 14 Mar 2017, 19:53

ctz31 wrote:First off i must commend the committee. Usually half way through round one of a tournament the lazy ass f*ggots of sotsg are mailing in their votes. We are almost through rd 2 of this one and some of the worst voters historically like jichael are still voting w commentary. I think this tourney idea is retarded and if anyone cares about this they are half a moron, but i guess if the topic puts asses in the seats i'll get on bored. good job jt.

I appreciate the sentiments, but this was Flush's idea. I am merely a facilitator.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Mar 2017, 20:32

ctz31 wrote:First off i must commend the committee. Usually half way through round one of a tournament the lazy ass f*ggots of sotsg are mailing in their votes. We are almost through rd 2 of this one and some of the worst voters historically like jichael are still voting w commentary. I think this tourney idea is retarded and if anyone cares about this they are half a moron, but i guess if the topic puts asses in the seats i'll get on bored. good job jt.

SWEET SIXTEEN

I'm calling a simms victory like simon cowell called carrie underwoods chip when it was top 12 left still. He's the worse.

Buck doesn't bother me but all i have to go on is him getting punked by artie and getting all bent outta shape instead of rolling w it. what a f*g.

PK is relevant even w normal people unlike the other guy.

Dakich Ok.

God you guys are the worse. Oh, Chris Berman makes sports fun and is entertaining. I hate him! idiots. May.

Simmons will face simms in the final. he's such a dork. hi bill. hi drew. you f*ggots.

Dickie V is another one that makes sports fun. shocked we hate him. oh he appreciates the greatness of duke! the new england of college ball w out the systematic cheating. grrr. colin

yeah? travis i guess.

In fairness, I put a forever stamp on the nomination post.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JT99 » 15 Mar 2017, 07:28

SWEET SIXTEEN RESULTS

Phil Simms over Bomani Jones 11-2
Stephen A. Smith over Joe Buck 8-6
Mike Greenberg over Peter king 8-7
Skip Bayless over Dan Dakich 10-4
Chris Berman over Mark May 8-6
Bill Simmons over Drew Magary 11-3
Colin Cowherd over Dick Vitale 9-6
Clay Travis over Chris Broussard 8-5

ELITE EIGHT

Phil Simms versus Clay Travis

Stephen A. Smith versus Colin Cowherd

Mike Greenberg versus Bill Simmons

Skip Bayless versus Chris Berman
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 15 Mar 2017, 07:41

You people claiming Berman makes sports fun and entertaining? You people are wrong and you sicken me
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby chrisco » 15 Mar 2017, 08:02

Simms
Cowherd
Simmons
Berman
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 Mar 2017, 08:09

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:You people claiming Berman makes sports fun and entertaining? You people are wrong and you sicken me

Then again, the person in question is 31 and his opinion on things like this and movies has been shown to be idiotic at the very least.

Phil Simms - if you have a twitter account dedicated to your dummy quotes (unless 31 has one too) then you deserve a pass into the championship

Stephen A. Smith - he might be a decent guy IRL but when the lights come on he becomes insufferable

Mike Greenberg - ESPN is building their network around tools like this guy? no wonder they're losing subscribers.

Skip Bayless - Berman is terrible but at least he's moving on from in front of the camera. Bayless is still on something called FS1. whatever that is.

ETA: is this enough words for you, 31? or did you lose track after the first sentence?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 15 Mar 2017, 08:20

CourtesyFlush wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:You people claiming Berman makes sports fun and entertaining? You people are wrong and you sicken me

Then again, the person in question is 31 and his opinion on things like this and movies has been shown to be idiotic at the very least.

jman made the dubious fallacious claim that Berman could be entertaining as well

Phil Simms versus Clay Travis -- Again, never hear/see Clay, Simms ruins approximately 20 football games a year, usually crucial/important ones!

Stephen A. Smith versus Colin Cowherd -- both blowhards, one deserves to die in a fire

Mike Greenberg versus Bill Simmons -- Greenberg is an effeminate metro twat who would get beat up by paralymipians without their chairs or crutches but Simmons is the same BUT thinks he's hard and intimidating (but turtles at the drop of a hat or name) AND actually thinks he's smaaaaaahhhhter than everyone else

Skip Bayless versus Chris Berman You people who find anything about Berman entertaining are stains on society and proof that the educational system in Murrka is broke not woke
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Mar 2017, 08:28

Phil Simms versus Clay Travis: Clay Travis. Another reason i hate him is he focuses on my preferred brand of sprot (SEC Football).

Stephen A. Smith versus Colin Cowherd: Colin. At the end of the day Smith is more of a clown than Cowherd. It is harder for me to laugh it off when Cowherd says something stupid.

Mike Greenberg versus Bill Simmons: Greeny. I don't like his face.

Skip Bayless versus Chris Berman: Bayless. Berman is rote/tired/ancient/whatever word you like for "used up" but he is not a craven asshole (on tv...most of the time) so Bayless wins in a walk
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 15 Mar 2017, 08:29

Phil Simms versus Clay Travis--Out of the 8 remaining, this would be my #1 vs #2. In any case, nobody is beating Simms for me.

Stephen A. Smith versus Colin Cowherd--Cowherd has basically dropped off the planet for me since he left ESPN. Stephen A is still annoying.

Mike Greenberg versus Bill Simmons--Honestly, neither of these 2 annoy me all that much, but Greeny annoys me some so he wins.

Skip Bayless versus Chris Berman--I regret voting for Dickie V in the last round. Even though he's incredibly annoying, he was important to me watching sports growing up. Berman is the same way. So, Bayless gets my vote.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports