Most Hated Sports Personality

Most Hated Sports Personality

Postby JT99 » 13 Mar 2017, 08:34

This week, we shall discovery who the Sonz hate the very mostest among sports personalities.

Below are the four regions.

Please choose your four most hated, in order of most hated to least, from each region.

The top four from each region will advance to a seeded sweet sixteen on Tuesday and we will whittle down from there.

Yes, I realize that the person you hate the most who is missing "would have won the whole thing". #SNS

Football
Chris Berman
Clay Travis
Darren Rovell
Jim Nantz
Joe Buck
Mel Kiper
Paul Finebaum
Peter King

Talking Head
Colin Cowherd
Dan Le Batard
Drew Magary
Jason Whitlock
Jemele Hill
Michell Beadle
Mike Greenberg
Skip Bayless

Basketball
Bill Raftery
Bill Simmons
Bill Walton
Chris Broussard
Dick Vitale
Doris Burke
Jeff Van Gundy
Stephen A. Smith

Former Player
Bomani Jones
Charles Barkley
Cris Collingsworth
Dan Dakich
Jay Bilas
Mark May
Phil Simms
Troy Aikman
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Re: Most Hated Sports Personality

Postby ctz31 » 13 Mar 2017, 08:56

Football

Clay Travis. I don't know who he is but the colonel always talked about him. Assuming something something tennesee
Joe Buck. Artie sonned him on HBO
Peter King. His articles suck but he's somehow famous. Like simpson
Paul Finebaum. whoever that is.

Talking Head

Michell Beadle. My contrarian bro doesn't care for this windbag.
Drew Magary. Deadspin's something. You all talk about him ad naus
Skip Bayless. Another hated amongst the masses. He seems to move the needle though.
Mike Greenberg. Greenie.

Basketball

Bill Simmons. He's the worst. Kite loves him.
Doris Burke. I think she's ugly. Don't put woman on tv unless they are hot pls.
Stephen A. Smith. I dont care for his style.
Dick Vitale. It shoulda been you instead of jim v. j/k he's fine.

Former Player

Phil Simms. The one announcer i really do think is terrible unlike y'all who complain about the most harmless personalities.
Troy Aikman. Troy aikman wanted to be here but he got a concussion opening the invitation. /theroastmaster
Bomani Jones. What a stupid name
Chris Collingworth. What a disgusting act.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 13 Mar 2017, 08:56

Football
Peter King
Chris Berman
Joe Buck
Darren Rovell

Talking Head
Colin Cowherd
Dan Le Batard
Mike Greenberg
Skip Bayless

Basketball
Stephen A. Smith
Bill Simmons
Chris Broussard
Jeff Van Gundy

Former Player
Phil Simms
Troy Aikman
Bomani Jones
Mark May
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby CourtesyFlush » 13 Mar 2017, 08:56

Great tourney idea!

Football
1. Chris Berman - back back back back back to the retirement home, windbag
2. Peter King - his holier than thou schtick gets old
3. Darren Rovell - sometimes he tweets some nuggets of info; most of the time he's a dork
4. Clay Travis - basically he just likes to stir shit. like Bix.

I don't mind Nantz, Buck, Kiper, and Finebaum. Nantz/Buck are usually pretty good at what they do. Kiper pretty much owns the NFL draft thing. Finebaum is hilarious to me.

Talking Head
1. Skip Bayless - shit stirrer supreme. like Bix.
2. Drew MAGARY - hi hf61! stuff your political beliefs in your eyeballs, cocksucker.
3. Colin Cowherd - just a white blowhard
4. Jason Whitlock - just a black blowhard

Basketball
1. Dick Vitale - retire already
2. Bill Walton - the trippy stream of consciousness act gets old
3. Chris Broussard - he's still employed? thought they ran him out when he got breaking news wrong for the eleventieth time.
4. Bill Simmons - eh, why not

People hate Raftery? He's the best.

Former Player
1. Phil Simms - he might be my #1 most hated tv sports person. just the worst at what he is supposed to be doing. awful.
2. Dan Dakich - sometimes he is really good at what he does. the rest of the time he's checking twitter for his mentions.
3. Mark May - how this guy remains gainfully employed by ESPN remains a mystery.
4. Abstain

Bilas is probably the best college basketball color guy out there right now. And he goes after the NCAA so he's good to me.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 13 Mar 2017, 09:29

FOOTBALL

1. Chris Berman - 12 year old me would not have voted him, but he ruins everything. Act is tired, and it was awful when he tried to do golf.

2. Clay Travis - If I heard him more he might be #1. He has some sports radio show I caught a few minutes of the other day. It was awful. Kept talking about how his podcast has great numbers with no promotion.

3. Paul Finebaum - Mastered the saying things to get a reaction even if he doesn't believe it. I do not like that.

4. Darren Rovell - Like Clay, would be higher if he had more exposure. Sometimes he has interesting facts, but other times just puts shit out there. Seems like the kid you hated in high school.

Talking Head

1. Skip Bayless - I only see his commercials, but that is enough. The issue with sports media is that this guy is paid a lot and thinks he is important. "That is the hottest seat in sports media". Shut up.

2. Jemele Hill - She just sounds dumb. She has written stupid things in the past that get white guys fired, yet she remains and is promotoed. I wonder why.

3. Mike Greenberg - This guy makes 6.5 million a year. He calls his alter ego the green mamba. What a douche

4. Jason Whitlock - Amazing this guy is still hanging around.

Basketball

1. Chris Broussard - Any report from him has a 90% chance of being wrong. He is one of those crazy religious guys too. I always distrust/dislike those people

2. Bill Walton - If he was half as smart as he thinks he is, he would be very smart. Ruins any basketball telecast

3. Stephen A. Smith - Supposedly a real nice guy in real life. On my TV screen, he is a disaster. "Hear me Kevin Durant, you do not want me as an enemy"

4. Dick Vitale - Tough, because he is supposedly a great guy, but he like Walton ruins any telecast.

Former Player

1. Phil Simms - He is so distracting. Never has an analyst been wrong so many times, and contradicted by video evidence, yet maintains his position.

2. Mark May - Sanctimonious ill-informed douche. Plus he always picks against Ohio State.

3. Dan Dakich - Just a weird guy that is annoying.

4. Bomani Jones - Not much experience with him, but I heard him on Mike and Mike today and he was just going after Syracuse saying repeatedly, "Zones are for cowards". Didn't add anything and I think Bilas and Rece Davis wanted to hang up on him.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby TVF wannabe » 13 Mar 2017, 10:13

This has legs, good idea!

Football
Mel Kiper
Clay Travis
Darren Rovell
Paul Finebaum

Talking Head-I guess it's not shocking that this is the most stacked bracket
Skip Bayless- the only guy worse than SAS
Drew Magary
Jason Whitlock
Michell Beadle

Basketball
Stephen A. Smith-this dude is the worst, they just put him back on locally and I dont get it
Bill Walton
Dick Vitale
Chris Broussard

Former Player

Dan Dakich
Jay Bilas
Mark May-dont know him
Charles Barkley
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby JT99 » 13 Mar 2017, 10:21

TVF wannabe wrote:This has legs, good idea!

Full credit goes to Courtesy Flush, I am merely a vessel on this one.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Mar 2017, 10:41

Football
Peter King. I had on A Football Life for of Michael Vick the other day for like a minute before D made me change it. Before I changed it, Peter King came on and said how he cant believe anyone would do that to a dog. She's like, Whos that?! I agree with him! I agree with him too, but i still hate him and his jacked teeth.

I dont dislike any of the others. Does Rovell count as Football?

Talking Head
1. Magary. I dont GET his APPEAL. I saw Handsome tweet something at him last week, looking for a Like or a RT. It made me sad.
2. Beadle. So many reasons. She is going to make a run in this thing.
3. Jemele Hill. I hate those commercials.
4. Whitlock. Who did he eat to get his spot as a voice I should care about?

Basketball
1. Bill Simmons. Untalented hack.
2. Doris Burke. Nothing personal. I just dislike the fanboys she has on Twitter and shit. She's OK. She's not the greatest color guy of all time. Lets pump our fucking breaks a little. Also, she never shuts up. We get it. We saw what happened. You dont need to explain everything to us.
3. SAS. I guess. i used to like him, actually. Now I just dont care.
4. Broussard. I guess. I dont get the vitriol that he gets online. wait, its bc he is religious. People Hate that!

Former Player
1. Bomani Jones. He is a former player? What? I dont have much contact with him, but I occasionally see him retweeted, and then i go to his page and see he has like 300,000 tweets. Thats super-sad, Dustin.
2. Mark May. Shut up, dickface.
3. Simms. He does stink.
4. Bilas. I guess. i think he's fine, but i have no issue with the other ones.

Note: I was watching the Aikman A Football Life the other day...he really does look like Jay Z. Thats not just an internet thing. He has giant lips.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Goose » 13 Mar 2017, 10:52

Football
1. Chris Berman
2. Jim Nantz
3. Joe Buck
4. Peter King

I can avoid all of the others, but Boomer, Nantz and Joe Buck always end up on my TV when I'm trying to watch football. I only get exposed to Peter King tangentially, but everything he writes comes out stupid.

Talking Head
1. Skip Bayless
2. Colin Cowherd
3. Jason Whitlock
4. Mike Greenberg

Again, I can avoid all of these people, so none of them bother me anymore. I can't remember the last time I've heard or seen any of these people, other than Greenberg on some restaurant commercial.

Basketball
1. Bill Simmons
2. Stephen A. Smith
3. Dick Vitale
4. Bill Walton

I don't watch basketball anymore, but I remember hating the first three people on this list. Walton only makes the list b/c I liked Van Gundy and don't know who any of the other people are.

Former Player
1. Mark May
2. Troy Aikman
3. Cris Collingsworth
4. Phil Simms

These guys are all terrible. Mark May might be the dumbest guy on this list, which means a lot considering that Troy Aikman is legally retarded.

ETA: 1-4 rankings most hated to least.
Last edited by Goose on 13 Mar 2017, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Mar 2017, 10:57

Football

1. Clay Travis - a decent human who became an asshole because it was an expedient way to make money in the sports talk industry. Probably my #1. I loved his book about going to a game in every SEC stadium. The fuck happened to you, man?
2. Chris Berman - the Sopranos of shitty sports personalities.
3. Mel Kiper - possibly the dumbest person at ESPN and somehow he gets a zillion dollars to be wrong about 1 thing every year. At least all the other shitty personalities are wrong about many things.
4. Peter King - for the teeth alone

Talking Head

1. Skip Bayless - Embrace a shotgun.
2. Jason Whitlock - racist for the fuck of it. sure, why not.
3. Mike Greenberg - useless. Theny's habit of quoting his most banal tweets is probably what makes me hate this guy the most. "Hey how bout the Cubs record, it is good!" Thanks Mike
4. Colin Cowherd - Like Travis, he started out pretty good when he first replaced Kornheiser. Devolved into a Bayless monster. Less annoying to me now as A) he's on a station i don't get now and B) he's not terrible on the Fox Pre-Pre-Game show with Charissa and Josh Norman. This is a weak bracket though so he gets my 4th place vote.

Basketball
1. Stephen A. Smith - TO ME THAT'S PREPOSTEROUS, CRAB RANGOON, THINGS OF THAT NATURE
2. Chris Broussard - what whitlock would be if he got a lap band
3. Dick Vitale - cannot wait until he is in diapers (dandy)
4. Bill Simmons - 4 seed. he's fine, but i actually liked a lot of the people in this bracket. who could hate bill walton??

Former Player
First of all...Bomani Jones played something? I did not know that. He's not in my top 4, i just needed to mention that.

1. Phil Simms - the worst color commentator of all time. congrats.
2. Mark May - Dumbest person they've ever put on the college pregame/halftime show. Lou Holtz, Andre Ware and Trevor Matich were on that show at various times. Heady.
3. Dan Dakich - idiot
4. Jay Bilas - loudmouth idiot (love his thoughts on the NCAA though)

eta - fixed order
Last edited by SouthernYokel on 13 Mar 2017, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JT99 » 13 Mar 2017, 11:03

LOL - Yeah, the Bomani Jones was a fuck up on my part. I'm old and confused him with someone else. Maybe Marcellus Wiley?

:beatsme:

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Mar 2017, 11:09

JT99 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:This has legs, good idea!

Full credit goes to Courtesy Flush, I am merely a vessel on this one.

:/

Football
Joe Buck - I actually like him as baseball but football FUCK YOU YOU GOT MOSS TRADED YOU SHIT SUCKING ASSHOLE
PK - Just a dumbass
Clay Travis - dumbass and jackass
Rovell - dumbass, jackass, and asshole

I like Finebaum.

Talking Head
Colin Cowherd - John Wall didn't have a dad, ok.
Skippy - weirdo.
Greenberg - vanilla midget.
Whitlock - black weirdo.

I like Le Batard.

Basketball
Bill Simmons - just.....just the worst.
Chris Broussard:
Dick Vitale - shtick was old in 2000.
Stephen A. Smith - obvi.

HOW IS RAFTERY AN OPTION HERE HE'S A GODDAMN TREASURE
I like Walton. I've done drugs.

Former Player
Charles Barkley - when he's good he's good but when he's bad he's unbearably stupidly awfully bad.
Dan Dakich - cuck
Mark May - schmuck
Phil Simms - hayseed

I like Bilas and Bomani
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 13 Mar 2017, 11:19

Barkley is awful this time of year with CBB tourney because he knows jack all about CBB.... I don't know what my point is
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby CourtesyFlush » 13 Mar 2017, 11:24

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Barkley is awful this time of year with CBB tourney because he knows jack all about CBB.... I don't know what my point is

But he's with Turner! And they have to keep the gang of EJ, Kenny, and Charles together! I don't mind that Turner is sharing the load with CBS and that we can watch all the games at the same time, but draw the line with bringing over Kenny and Charles to do their schtick. Could be worse I guess--they could've also brought over Shaq.

Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby TVF wannabe » 13 Mar 2017, 11:27

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Barkley is awful this time of year with CBB tourney because he knows jack all about CBB.... I don't know what my point is

that he sucks cuz he will boliviate on and on anyways?
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Next

Return to Other Sports