Surfing

Surfing

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 Mar 2016, 09:26

Did you guys see Real Sports (HBO program, created by Bill Simmons) this week? They had a story of surfers who surf this specific area of the Pacific Ocean off California once every couple of years when the planets align (huge storms out at sea, high winds, etc) for what they call "Mavericks". Mavericks are these 40 foot waves that are maybe a mile off the beach. The guys that surf it are nuts. They dont know its going to even happen til days or hours before it does. And some hop a plane immediately to get there. They regularly die doing it. It was pretty interesting.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31094
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Surfing

Postby Prez » 24 Mar 2016, 09:37

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Did you guys see Real Sports (HBO program, created by Bill Simmons) this week? They had a story of surfers who surf this specific area of the Pacific Ocean off California once every couple of years when the planets align (huge storms out at sea, high winds, etc) for what they call "Mavericks". Mavericks are these 40 foot waves that are maybe a mile off the beach. The guys that surf it are nuts. They dont know its going to even happen til days or hours before it does. And some hop a plane immediately to get there. They regularly die doing it. It was pretty interesting.


I have not seen the latest Real Sports (I don't get HBO anymore) but I'll look for a download.
I recently saw a surfing movie/doc called Riding Giants where they talk about Mavericks. The top surfers are all fucking nuts, and that film documents many of them doing things that were thought to be impossible.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 10005
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: Surfing

Postby Theny » 24 Mar 2016, 11:00

I've been to Mavericks. Nbd.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30587
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Surfing

Postby Prez » 24 Mar 2016, 11:26

Theny wrote:I've been to Mavericks. Nbd.


Of course it's nbd to go there. Did you surf it? I don't think so, pal.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 10005
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: Surfing

Postby Theny » 24 Mar 2016, 11:28

Prez wrote:
Theny wrote:I've been to Mavericks. Nbd.


Of course it's nbd to go there. Did you surf it? I don't think so, pal.


It was dead flat. But no I would never surf that place.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30587
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Surfing

Postby chrisco » 24 Mar 2016, 12:02

Theny wrote:
Prez wrote:
Theny wrote:I've been to Mavericks. Nbd.


Of course it's nbd to go there. Did you surf it? I don't think so, pal.


It was dead flat. But no I would never surf that place.

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay for free one weekend. Hell of a hotel, might even be good enough for Farva. Mavericks was flat then too.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12247
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Surfing

Postby mj3528 » 24 Mar 2016, 12:10

chrisco wrote:
Theny wrote:
Prez wrote:
Theny wrote:I've been to Mavericks. Nbd.


Of course it's nbd to go there. Did you surf it? I don't think so, pal.


It was dead flat. But no I would never surf that place.

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay for free one weekend. Hell of a hotel, might even be good enough for Farva. Mavericks was flat then too.


Nice golf course there too. I haven't played it doe.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9325
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Surfing

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 24 Mar 2016, 12:33

Theny wrote:
Prez wrote:
Theny wrote:I've been to Mavericks. Nbd.


Of course it's nbd to go there. Did you surf it? I don't think so, pal.


It was dead flat. But no I would never surf that place.


Take it to the surfbordts thread.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18394
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Surfing

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 24 Mar 2016, 15:27

I went to Bells Beach, Australia, once. There was a 50 year storm, it was death on a stick out there, mate.
#2C4S
Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6097
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: Surfing

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Mar 2016, 15:29

i have surfed both coasts!

my west coast surfing was in san diego. the waves were like 2 feet, max, and i was in the water for maybe 30 minutes. i did it specifically to say i have surfed on both coasts. and now i have had that opportunity. thank you ball for creating this thread
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29840
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Surfing

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 Mar 2016, 16:16

SouthernYokel wrote:i have surfed both coasts!

my west coast surfing was in san diego. the waves were like 2 feet, max, and i was in the water for maybe 30 minutes. i did it specifically to say i have surfed on both coasts. and now i have had that opportunity. thank you ball for creating this thread


:D
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31094
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Surfing

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 24 Mar 2016, 16:22

Mick Fanning FROM.......

#2C4S
Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6097
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: Surfing

Postby Theny » 24 Mar 2016, 18:33

Mario Speedwagon wrote:I went to Bells Beach, Australia, once. There was a 50 year storm, it was death on a stick out there, mate.


I think they have a big contest there this week.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30587
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Surfing

Postby Prez » 08 Sep 2016, 12:22

Image
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 10005
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: Surfing

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 Sep 2016, 13:32

Great work by the Padres there. That's a classy organization. I credit Don Orsillo.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31569
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Next

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron