Darts

Re: Darts

Postby Prez » 22 Mar 2017, 09:47

mj3528 wrote:Has it been a tough season for the dirty underwear gang. I don't recall them being a 14 seed before. Could be dangerous.

We've played them in the playoffs several times in the past few years but since the days of those close matches, we've improved and they've lost a few of their top guys to other teams. They're still a dangerous team (obligatory respect) but we should handle them.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Prez » 23 Mar 2017, 12:33

Playoff Sweet 16 (round 1) recap:

We got off to a slow start and were tied 4-4 in the early stages of the match... then we hit our stride and won 12 straight points to take a 16-4 lead. We cruised to a 19-7 victory.

Elite 8 is next week and we're matched up against a much better team than this week (who we barely beat in the first round last year) This is the team I played one season for a few years ago when my original team broke up. Good bunch of guys, it should be fun. We do have fun.

Go Deadeyes.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby mj3528 » 23 Mar 2017, 12:35

Prez wrote:Playoff Sweet 16 (round 1) recap:

We got off to a slow start and were tied 4-4 in the early stages of the match... then we hit our stride and won 12 straight points to take a 16-4 lead. We cruised to a 19-7 victory.

Elite 8 is next week and we're matched up against a much better team than this week (who we barely beat in the first round last year) This is the team I played one season for a few years ago when my original team broke up. Good bunch of guys, it should be fun. We do have fun.

Go Deadeyes.

what is name of this elite 8 opponent. Wasn't there a Puerto Rican team in your league? If you match up against them in a few weeks, expect to see Mrs. ctz there.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby JT99 » 23 Mar 2017, 12:38

Deadeyes -140
Unnamed foe +120
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Prez » 23 Mar 2017, 14:01

The unnamed foes are The Shooters. They are the 6 seed, we are the 3 seed.
We beat them (at our bar) in the regular season 13-5, but their best shot wasn't there.
My prediction: We win 20-16, which is the score we beat them by last year in the first round of the playoffs.
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Mar 2017, 14:10

I presume the #1 seed also won, so your next home meet will still need to be on the road?

What's the etiquette of buying drinks? Do you guys share pitchers with your opponents?
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Prez » 23 Mar 2017, 14:24

Frank the Tank wrote:I presume the #1 seed also won, so your next home meet will still need to be on the road?

What's the etiquette of buying drinks? Do you guys share pitchers with your opponents?

The Final 4 and Final matches are at neutral sites (unless both teams are fro the same bar and choose to play there).
Usually pitchers are not shared but it depends on who the team is.
Prez
The MAWG

Postby JT99 » 23 Mar 2017, 17:54

Prez wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I presume the #1 seed also won, so your next home meet will still need to be on the road?

The Final 4 and Final matches are at neutral sites (unless both teams are fro the same bar and choose to play there).

How about splitting up the groupies? What's protocol there?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby mj3528 » 23 Mar 2017, 17:57

JT99 wrote:
Prez wrote:

How about splitting up the groupies? What's protocol there?

prez gets the pick of the litter. have to defer to your elders.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby ctz31 » 24 Mar 2017, 12:54

Prez wrote:

I met my brother and his pals out for a couple beers and hoop last night since i'm stuck home all weekend for the tournament. They were bowling in a league. It looked interesting, but what i really wanna get back into is the darts. I mentioned it and one of his pals said he subs in a league and the entire league is played at one bar. They have like 15 boards. Does that sound interesting to you or do you enjoy the travel aspect? I think it would be pretty cool but maybe lead to antics. Dart heads are feisty!
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Prez » 24 Mar 2017, 15:49

ctz31 wrote:
Prez wrote:

I met my brother and his pals out for a couple beers and hoop last night since i'm stuck home all weekend for the tournament. They were bowling in a league. It looked interesting, but what i really wanna get back into is the darts. I mentioned it and one of his pals said he subs in a league and the entire league is played at one bar. They have like 15 boards. Does that sound interesting to you or do you enjoy the travel aspect? I think it would be pretty cool but maybe lead to antics. Dart heads are feisty!

I've never heard of a league like that but we did have a few banquets (years ago) where we had a tournament with a ton of boards. It was okay but ultimately failed and was voted out for future banquets because darts players are drunks and by the time the tourny started (after dinner and awards) everyone was too drunk to play and deal with the logistics.

I don't think I would like to play at the same place every week with the same group of guys, I enjoy traveling to different places, even though many are shitty dive bars. Also, there are some assholes in the league and it's refreshing to know that I only see them once a season.
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Prez » 30 Mar 2017, 10:03

Playoffs Elite 8 recap:

Wow, what a night. First of all, as I'm driving to the match, the tire pressure sensor comes on and I'm pissed because I just had my car serviced on Tuesday. Then I hit a pothole about 500 yards from the bar and it doesn't feel right. I get out in the parking lot to see a flat tire #-o . My friends tell me that they'll help change the tire but it's less than 60 minutes to the start of the match and I make the decision to call Subaru Roadside Assistance which came with the car (I have no idea if I'm still covered after almost 2 years and 26K miles). I find out that I am indeed still covered and I get an estimate of 60 minutes until they arrive. In actuality, it took them 2.5 hours to show which kinda fucked me up mentally as far as shooting darts, but that's another story. On to the match details...

Just like last week, we started off slow and then hit our stride to take a commanding 15-8 lead. Suddenly the Shooters rallied and took 9 straight points, giving them a 17-15 lead (playoff matches are a race to 19 points). We needed to win the last 2 games of the match or pack it in for the season. We won the first game and it came down to the last 501 game, winner take all.

It was me and one of my best friends vs. two very good players from the Shooters. I was not feeling particularly confident, I mostly played shitty last night which I'm blaming on my tire (a convenient, but valid excuse). I miraculously played great, scoring a TON, 85 and 81 in my first three turns. I then hit double 5 to win the game and the match.

Shugs all around... survive and advance as they say, and on to the Final Four. We hung around at the bar to consume our free drink (hi ctz!) at the end of the match and I drove home on my donut thinking about needing to buy two new tires today. As mentioned in the 'box, they were able to repair the tire and it only cost me $5.26. Yay me.

We have fun. Go Deadeyes!
Prez
The MAWG

Postby mister bacon » 30 Mar 2017, 11:22

Prez wrote:Playoffs Elite 8 recap:

Wow, what a night. First of all, as I'm driving to the match, the tire pressure sensor comes on and I'm pissed because I just had my car serviced on Tuesday. Then I hit a pothole about 500 yards from the bar and it doesn't feel right. I get out in the parking lot to see a flat tire #-o . My friends tell me that they'll help change the tire but it's less than 60 minutes to the start of the match and I make the decision to call Subaru Roadside Assistance which came with the car (I have no idea if I'm still covered after almost 2 years and 26K miles). I find out that I am indeed still covered and I get an estimate of 60 minutes until they arrive. In actuality, it took them 2.5 hours to show which kinda fucked me up mentally as far as shooting darts, but that's another story. On to the match details...

Just like last week, we started off slow and then hit our stride to take a commanding 15-8 lead. Suddenly the Shooters rallied and took 9 straight points, giving them a 17-15 lead (playoff matches are a race to 19 points). We needed to win the last 2 games of the match or pack it in for the season. We won the first game and it came down to the last 501 game, winner take all.

It was me and one of my best friends vs. two very good players from the Shooters. I was not feeling particularly confident, I mostly played shitty last night which I'm blaming on my tire (a convenient, but valid excuse). I miraculously played great, scoring a TON, 85 and 81 in my first three turns. I then hit double 5 to win the game and the match.

Shugs all around... survive and advance as they say, and on to the Final Four. We hung around at the bar to consume our free drink (hi ctz!) at the end of the match and I drove home on my donut thinking about needing to buy two new tires today. As mentioned in the 'box, they were able to repair the tire and it only cost me $5.26. Yay me.

hooray prez for your heroics and your tire! although you paying anything to repair the tire is very off-brand for you. call them up and see if they'll give you a refund.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Prez » 30 Mar 2017, 11:33

mister bacon wrote:

hooray prez for your heroics and your tire! although you paying anything to repair the tire is very off-brand for you. call them up and see if they'll give you a refund.

Turns out I could've got it repaired for free at the dealer through my extended warranty. I'll chalk it up as a learning experience.
Prez
The MAWG

Postby babylurch » 30 Mar 2017, 12:28

Prez wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

Turns out I could've got it repaired for free at the dealer through my extended warranty. I'll chalk it up as a learning experience.

here's hoping that that is the only rubber that leaks for you.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports