Darts

Darts

Postby Prez » 12 Dec 2014, 10:41

I think it's about time we had a darts thread. I'll use this to keep you up to date on my blossoming dart career and all the antics of my Wed night league.
I'll start off with arguably, the greatest match of all time featuring Phil "The Power" Taylor, the greatest dart player ever. Enjoy!

Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Re: Darts

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 12 Dec 2014, 10:46

More of a Barney and Whitlock fan, myself.
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Prez » 12 Dec 2014, 10:53

Mario Speedwagon wrote:More of a Barney and Whitlock fan, myself.

This one features some Barney and your beloved Aussies:

Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Dec 2014, 13:05

I used to be in a darts league. I wasn't all that good. I think we were in like, D Division, which isn't very good. It was fun. We played in shitty, smoky bars with unattractive people everywhere, got drunk until 11pm or so, then drove home.

#summernights
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby babylurch » 12 Dec 2014, 13:22

I played in a darts league in college. I was fair. One night though I got to the bar extremely early and had several beers before the match started. It must have been the perfect number, because I was on fire. Couldn't miss. Until I hit a bullseye and the dart board fell off the wall and crushed my darts. I had to play the last match with the bar darts.

I could barely hit the board with them.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 06 Jan 2015, 16:47

#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby the cheese » 06 Jan 2015, 17:43

Mario Speedwagon wrote:http://www.vice.com/read/i-fell-in-love-with-darts-joe-bish-868?utm_source=vicetwitterus

Darts! Darts! Darts!

I did not realize that rugby was a posh sport in the UK. I had always heard it described as a thug's game played by gentlemen, but I didn't realize that the event itself was anything other than your standard throw 50K plebes on a bleacher contest.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 10 Jan 2015, 07:54

There was a wee riot at the darts in Melbourne last night:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... ourne.html
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Jan 2015, 11:09

I am less surprised by the riot than by the size of the venue. People complain hockey is hard to watch. I can't imagine trying to follow a dart from 400 feet away.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Prez » 12 Jan 2015, 08:55

I had a longer version of this post but lost it because of the sotsg hamsters. Here is the summary:

Been hanging out at my dart bar local with a guy who went to OU and is a huge Sooners fan... reminds me of cheese. He's a doctor doing his residency with UConn at a hospital in Hartford. Good guy with a hot wife (also a doctor) that I asked to be on my dart team next year even though he isn't very good at darts.

Late in the night a really cute, young redhead wanted to join us for a game. She was very flirty and had her own darts (boing!) Way too young for me to be thinking about #freshbutt but I was enjoying her company. Turns out she is the daughter of a long lost friend of mine who was the captain of my dart team when I first joined the league 17 years ago. What a buzz kill.
Prez
The MAWG

Postby nova » 12 Jan 2015, 12:16

Prez wrote:Late in the night a really cute, young redhead wanted to join us for a game. She was very flirty and had her own darts (boing!) Way too young for me to be thinking about #freshbutt but I was enjoying her company. Turns out she is the daughter of a long lost friend of mine who was the captain of my dart team when I first joined the league 17 years ago. What a buzz kill.

I feel like the statute of limitations on your friendship has expired and you can bang her with impunity. #homanagement
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby mister bacon » 12 Jan 2015, 12:26

nova wrote:
Prez wrote:Late in the night a really cute, young redhead wanted to join us for a game. She was very flirty and had her own darts (boing!) Way too young for me to be thinking about #freshbutt but I was enjoying her company. Turns out she is the daughter of a long lost friend of mine who was the captain of my dart team when I first joined the league 17 years ago. What a buzz kill.

I feel like the statute of limitations on your friendship has expired and you can bang her with impunity. #homanagement

you're in like flynn because you have the "we shouldn't be doing this" sexual tension that will exist due to the relationship between you and her father. i'll bet you can hit within a month. 60 days tops.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Prez » 12 Jan 2015, 12:26

nova wrote:

Good point.

1. She was REALLY young, like 21 or 22 young. I have loose morals but not that loose.

2. I just saw this guy for the first time in over 10 years about a month ago. It was at a Joe Bouchard show (original Blue Oyster Cult member). My long lost friend is really good friends with the drummer. Since I talked to him recently, the think the statute of limitations was reset. Verdict: buzzkill.
Prez
The MAWG

Postby mj3528 » 12 Jan 2015, 12:28

Prez wrote:
nova wrote:

Good point.

1. She was REALLY young, like 21 or 22 young. I have loose morals but not that loose.

2. I just saw this guy for the first time in over 10 years about a month ago. It was at a Joe Bouchard show (original Blue Oyster Cult member). My long lost friend is really good friends with the drummer. Since I talked to him recently, the think the statute of limitations was reset. Verdict: buzzkill.

I am thinking most likely she would turn you down, but you should give it a shot. If she says yes, it was meant to be.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 12 Jan 2015, 12:49

mj3528 wrote:
Prez wrote:
nova wrote:

Good point.

I am thinking most likely she would turn you down, but you should give it a shot. If she says yes, it was meant to be.

21, 22 is too young....???

no
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Next

Return to Other Sports