The CANADIAN Football League

Re: The CANADIAN Football League

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Nov 2010, 15:38

I liked Deadspin's take...obviously the CFL is just a grown-up version of Calvinball.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby theken » 02 Nov 2010, 15:56

This is a great league. Go Lions. In another universe, the CFL were the reason a similar message board to this one was developed, and the Boston Red Sox were relegated to the Other sports forum with a thread containing 16 posts.
http://www.undrafted.ca
jack_daniels wrote:
NBA Die-Hard #11/19 wrote:Uh oh JD looks like _ has gone Thomas Jones on us and "tweaked" a hammy... better bring no touchy back from AAA...

I didn't tweah shit faggot. Shut up.
theken
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Nov 2010, 04:37

That's fantastic. The NFL needs to adopt the rouge.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby ctz31 » 03 Nov 2010, 08:08

Thee ken, the atmosphere at the Bills T-dot tilts so far has been uhh underwhelming to say the least(understandable with the product they are watching). If this keeps up, its gonna be the Los Angeles Bills rather than the Toronto Bills in a few years. Do me a personal favor and go to the game on Sunday and liven shit up. Get some antics going in the crowd. Create a buzz amongst the Canadian football fans. Find Donte Whitner's wife and shit on her or something. Start a wave. Anything. TYIA.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby someguysomewhere » 03 Nov 2010, 11:09

ctz31 wrote:Thee ken, the atmosphere at the Bills T-dot tilts so far has been uhh underwhelming to say the least(understandable with the product they are watching). If this keeps up, its gonna be the Los Angeles Bills rather than the Toronto Bills in a few years. Do me a personal favor and go to the game on Sunday and liven shit up. Get some antics going in the crowd. Create a buzz amongst the Canadian football fans. Find Donte Whitner's wife and shit on her or something. Start a wave. Anything. TYIA.

A. Fuck Toronto; fuck the Bills in Toronto (I feel for ya, ctz, I know you don't want to lose your team, but I don't think the Toronto thing can really help. The Skydome is an awful set-up for a CFL field, let alone NFL and they're NEVER getting an NFL stadium built with public money there.

B. Fuck Toronto. They think they're too good for the CFL. Typical. No one there cares about it, but it would be pretty deadly for the CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE [/annoying NFL guys] if the Argos went tits up (and they would). I don't actually care much about the CFL either, but it would really suck for all my friends from the Prairies that are nuts for it if the CFL went under.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby ctz31 » 03 Nov 2010, 13:15

someguysomewhere wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Thee ken, the atmosphere at the Bills T-dot tilts so far has been uhh underwhelming to say the least(understandable with the product they are watching). If this keeps up, its gonna be the Los Angeles Bills rather than the Toronto Bills in a few years. Do me a personal favor and go to the game on Sunday and liven shit up. Get some antics going in the crowd. Create a buzz amongst the Canadian football fans. Find Donte Whitner's wife and shit on her or something. Start a wave. Anything. TYIA.

A. Fuck Toronto; fuck the Bills in Toronto (I feel for ya, ctz, I know you don't want to lose your team, but I don't think the Toronto thing can really help. The Skydome is an awful set-up for a CFL field, let alone NFL and they're NEVER getting an NFL stadium built with public money there.

B. Fuck Toronto. They think they're too good for the CFL. Typical. No one there cares about it, but it would be pretty deadly for the CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE [/annoying NFL guys] if the Argos went tits up (and they would). I don't actually care much about the CFL either, but it would really suck for all my friends from the Prairies that are nuts for it if the CFL went under.

Oh, don't get me wrong. If they leave, I don't care what fucking city they go to, my fandom of the NFL will cease and desist. I was just commenting on the alleged (i haven't been to one) atmosphere at these games, for people that are supposedly dying for an NFL team.*

*I fully understand that it is very hard to get fired up to watch the Bills lose 10-3 to the 49'ers.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby someguysomewhere » 03 Nov 2010, 13:40

ctz31 wrote:
someguysomewhere wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong. If they leave, I don't care what fucking city they go to, my fandom of the NFL will cease and desist. I was just commenting on the alleged (i haven't been to one) atmosphere at these games, for people that are supposedly dying for an NFL team.*

*I fully understand that it is very hard to get fired up to watch the Bills lose 10-3 to the 49'ers.

I thought you were figuring the 2 or 3 games a year in TO thing was the only way to save the Bills or whatever.

Toronto doesn't actually care about football; they just want an NFL team because they think they're too good/big/whatever for the CFL.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 27 Sep 2011, 18:06

100-yard touchdown pass

Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 27 Sep 2011, 18:09

Wake me when they make a 110 yd pass.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby someguysomewhere » 27 Sep 2011, 18:11

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Wake me when they make a 110 yd pass.

I preferred this highlight from that game:

the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby someguysomewhere » 27 Nov 2011, 12:53

the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 29 Nov 2011, 16:06

Go champs!

Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 29 Nov 2011, 16:14

Clayton Bigsby wrote:Image

4..............................3...............5............2..........................1............................................6.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 29 Nov 2011, 16:17

Yeah I assume 6 is on the squad to appeal to the team's black fanbase.

I got 432516
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby nova » 29 Nov 2011, 17:01

Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports