The CANADIAN Football League

The CANADIAN Football League

Postby someguysomewhere » 17 Jul 2010, 20:23

OK, I don't really give a crap about the CFL, but I went to a BC Lions - Montreal Alouettes game last night mainly because they're playing at a really cool temporary stadium at the site of their old stadium from before BC Place.

It was a pretty terrible game of football. Score was 6-2 Montreal with a minute left in the 2nd quarter. For those of you that are wondering, that was on two safeties, a field goal, and a rogue.

Anyhow, for most of the drunken morons surrounding me in the endzone bleachers, this was the highlight. Check out the move this streaker breaks out at the 25 yard line. He almost made it from the east corner of the north end zone all the way to the west corner of the south end zone. Good tackle at the end too.

the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Re: The CANADIAN Football League

Postby mister bacon » 17 Jul 2010, 21:21

i guess he didnt score the rouge he hoped he would, eh?

:corn:
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby someguysomewhere » 17 Jul 2010, 21:36

This guy from the week before was better quality. Too bad nobody got a good shot of him.

Another angle:

the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby theken » 17 Jul 2010, 21:42

Sick, sick, sick thread.

This one has to rival the BC High School Sports thread.
I'm very impressed.

GO LIONS!
http://www.undrafted.ca
jack_daniels wrote:
NBA Die-Hard #11/19 wrote:Uh oh JD looks like _ has gone Thomas Jones on us and "tweaked" a hammy... better bring no touchy back from AAA...

I didn't tweah shit faggot. Shut up.
theken
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Rodney Farva » 17 Jul 2010, 22:24

surprised how packed the stadium was on the first one, even if it was in a small stadium. is a full house unusual up there?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby someguysomewhere » 17 Jul 2010, 22:43

Rodney Farva wrote:surprised how packed the stadium was on the first one, even if it was in a small stadium. is a full house unusual up there?

Capacity in the temporary stadium is 27,500. First game was a sell-out, I think. Last night was about 25,500 or so. I'm actually surprised the crowd was that small last night. They've been averaging around 30K or so the last few years. BC Place seats 60K though, so it feels pretty empty even with a good crowd there (despite the tarping off most of the upper deck trick).
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby someguysomewhere » 24 Jul 2010, 23:56

someguysomewhere wrote:OK, I don't really give a crap about the CFL, but I went to a BC Lions - Montreal Alouettes game last night mainly because they're playing at a really cool temporary stadium at the site of their old stadium from before BC Place.

It was a pretty terrible game of football. Score was 6-2 Montreal with a minute left in the 2nd quarter. For those of you that are wondering, that was on two safeties, a field goal, and a rogue.

Anyhow, for most of the drunken morons surrounding me in the endzone bleachers, this was the highlight. Check out the move this streaker breaks out at the 25 yard line. He almost made it from the east corner of the north end zone all the way to the west corner of the south end zone. Good tackle at the end too.

Turns out the streaker is a buddy of one of my Aussie Rules teammates. He came out and played for us today. Snapped a goal too.

Didn't even get a ticket or thrown in jail. They just banned him from the stadium and gave him a blanket.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby White Lightning » 27 Jul 2010, 21:40

When do the Roughriders play the Roughriders?
Gregs Kite - Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 am: WL is funny, possibly a full blown alcoholic, and seemingly not a prissy dickhead.
White Lightning
Etiquette Instructor

Postby someguysomewhere » 27 Jul 2010, 22:00

White Lightning wrote:When do the Roughriders play the Roughriders?

Not when Ottawa returns to the CFL in 2013, apparently.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby someguysomewhere » 06 Aug 2010, 20:48

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
nasty nova - Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:32 pm: in the NFL random thoughts thread, list 5-10 ways the NFL could be improved in any facet

- Expand to 36 teams. 2 conferences with 3 six team divisions. Division winners plus three wildcards per conference make the playoffs. Add the four teams in LA, San Antonio, T.Dot and Vegas. There is enough talent for the extra teams and easily enough demand for football. The sport is only getting more popular and I think eventually a 40 team league could work. 3 divisions per conference means we (probably) won't get stuck with a 9-7 or 8-8 division champ sullying the good name of the playoffs, which a lot of people seem to hate.

Why are you trying to kill the CFL?

You, Mr. Bixby, should be ashamed of yourself.

:beav: :ourhomeandnativeland:
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 06 Aug 2010, 21:16

someguysomewhere wrote:Why are you trying to kill the CFL?

Much like how the NFL can survive without LA, the CFL can survive without T.Dot. Put the teams in cities where people care. The seasons don't even really conflict anyways, so you could have both in T.Dot. Year round foozball.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby someguysomewhere » 06 Aug 2010, 21:27

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
someguysomewhere wrote:Why are you trying to kill the CFL?

Much like how the NFL can survive without LA, the CFL can survive without T.Dot. Put the teams in cities where people care. The seasons don't even really conflict anyways, so you could have both in T.Dot. Year round foozball.

I actually agree with you. The Argos are the weakest franchise in the CFL anyhow, as long as Ottawa succeeds this time it'll be fine.

It's moot anyhow. The Skydome isn't remotely an NFL facility and the T Dot ain't forking out a billion for a stadium.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby someguysomewhere » 02 Nov 2010, 11:34

You'll never see this in the NFL.

the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby TVF wannabe » 02 Nov 2010, 11:36

someguysomewhere wrote:You'll never see this in the NFL.

thats just stupid.

can the guy in the end zone kick out of bounds?
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 02 Nov 2010, 15:31

WTF have you done this time Canada???
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Next

Return to Other Sports