The Bike Thread

Re: The Bike Thread

Postby Theny » 22 Jan 2018, 18:08

Strava Update: I shaved 3 seconds off that sprint, got an all time Bronze, need 4 seconds for the all time KOM.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Rodney Farva » 22 Jan 2018, 18:55

Frank the Tank wrote:I have a large penis, watch me now as I swing it to the left and to the right
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Goose » 23 Jan 2018, 16:42

bosux wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Theny wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Update: got the delivery call last night that it would come between 2:30pm and 5:30pm and that the truck would call 30 minutes before delivery. So, of course, they show up unannounced at 1:30pm. Then they take a little time putting it together and leave. I set it up, download updates, and start doing the little quick training video. I rotate the pedals 10-15 times total before the right pedal comes off. I look at it and it seems they never put it all the way in and just cross-threaded the fuck out of it during installation. I tried to clean out the metal detritus from the threads but to no avail. Wait for online help, send photos of the damage, and they say I'll hear from them within 48 hours.

So far, the Peloton experience gets an F-double-minus.

A-holes. Are these delivery guys from Peloton?

No, they contract delivery and physical installation to XPO Logistics. They put the screen on and a little bit of other stuff, then plug it in. WiFi connection and technical support is completely out of their hands after that. It takes a little while to configure so I didn't have a chance to get everything set up and test it before they left.

I heard from them and they've agreed to send replacement parts via UPS (didn't say which parts they thought needed replacing, so I don't know if I'm just getting a new pedal or a whole new crank assembly too) and then I'll hear from someone within 3 business days who will eventually come and perform the service. I will wait for the process to play out before I go back and demand compensation in the form of a shipping cost refund (something a friend had success with) or several months of free service added on, etc.

I haven't gotten to the point of pricing these things, how much does the bike and service run, if you don't mind me asking?

Bike is $2K. Throw in the first year of service (mandatory) and $250 for delivery, plus sales tax, and it’s about $2800 to get out the door. $40 per month after your first year runs out.

aka the world's most expensive clothing rack

Hiring a bunch of hot women to ride a fake bike and broadcasting those commercials every five minutes must be expensive.

ETA: Image
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 24 Jan 2018, 09:24

The main market for these is apparently women, but all the biggest users of this product I know are men. I think this means I hang out primarily with metrosexuals. Cool story.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Jan 2018, 09:32

Frank the Tank wrote:The main market for these is apparently women, but all the biggest users of this product I know are men. I think this means I hang out primarily with metrosexuals. Cool story.

Just like the Mazda Miata!
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Rodney Farva » 24 Jan 2018, 09:51

SouthernYokel wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:The main market for these is apparently women, but all the biggest users of this product I know are men. I think this means I hang out primarily with metrosexuals. Cool story.

In the UK it’s always been branded as the Mazda MX-5 and with their heritage of small roadsters it’s always been perfectly acceptable for men to drive one. Supposedly a great car to drive.

Ok back to dick jokes and farting.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Theny » 24 Jan 2018, 09:58

Rodney Farva wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

In the UK it’s always been branded as the Mazda MX-5 and with their heritage of small roadsters it’s always been perfectly acceptable for men to drive one.

....in the UK? Sure. Not here.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby the cheese » 24 Jan 2018, 10:15

Theny wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

In the UK it’s always been branded as the Mazda MX-5 and with their heritage of small roadsters it’s always been perfectly acceptable for men to drive one.

....in the UK? Sure. Not here.

Wildly popular with amateur racers here. My uncle outfits at least one a month.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Jan 2018, 10:19

I can't believe there's a #notallMiatas crowd here. Oh wait yes I can. :)
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 24 Jan 2018, 10:34

My FIL had a miata. It was fun to drive, but still seems like a car made for woman. I certainly wouldn't want to own one.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 24 Jan 2018, 10:35

SouthernYokel wrote:I can't believe there's a #notallMiatas crowd here. Oh wait yes I can. :)

#notallMiatas
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Jan 2018, 09:16

Frank the Tank wrote:I heard from them and they've agreed to send replacement parts via UPS (didn't say which parts they thought needed replacing, so I don't know if I'm just getting a new pedal or a whole new crank assembly too) and then I'll hear from someone within 3 business days who will eventually come and perform the service. I will wait for the process to play out before I go back and demand compensation in the form of a shipping cost refund (something a friend had success with) or several months of free service added on, etc.

They sent the replacement parts overnight UPS (new crank assembly and new pedal) such that they arrived Tuesday morning. Tuesday afternoon I got a phone call from the same company that delivered the Peloton, saying they could come fix it on Wednesday. They couldn’t guarantee a time, but again they promised they’d call 30 minutes in advance. They noted my request for a morning delivery. That evening, I get a call from an automated system saying that they’ll be there between 4pm and 7pm. OK, w.e. I’m eating my delicious lunch of General Taso’s chicken (“Extra Spicy” but not really that spicy) pared with brown rice and a Diet Coke shortly after 12pm when my phone rings. It’s XPO saying they’re 25 minutes away. I say “what the fuck happened to 4pm to 7pm?” (yes, I did say “fuck”), and they said that they had a lot of cancellations that day. They would note my request for a reschedule if I wanted but it would take several days. So, I scarfed down 1/3 of my lunch and tossed the other 2/3 in the garbage. Then I rushed home (17-18 minute drive). They were already there, but thankfully it was an off day at Tankville HS and Mini-Tank was home to let them in. They managed to park their truck such that it was left on the culdesac but still blocked my driveway, so I parked on the street and ran inside. 15 minutes later it was fixed. So, it finally works right, but yet another XPO nightmare. I’m planning on raising hell with Peloton.

Last night I did take a 45 minute “rookie” class and enjoyed it. They say the bike is so quiet you can ride it in the bedroom while your significant other sleeps. I don’t think that’s quite true, but it is pretty quiet. When I stood up to pedal the bike wobbled a little bit because I’m an uncoordinated fat-ass, but it was pretty quiet when I was seated. Logged into my Fitbit account when the ride was over and it automatically uploaded the results to my account. It’s the first time I’ve ever spent any significant time riding with bike shoes that clip into the pedals, so I was sore in places I’m not usually sore this morning. Will definitely take some time to get used to that. Rookie was pretty easy, but I think if I try “advanced beginner” that’ll probably be right up my alley. Will need to work my way up to the real classes.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Jan 2018, 09:25

You.....threw your lunch in the garbage?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Jan 2018, 09:30

Gregs Kite wrote:You.....threw your lunch in the garbage?

I did. But once the repair had been completed and I was driving back to the office, I stopped at the local grocery store to buy three bottles of J Tim’s buffalo sauce and a package of Hostess cupcakes. So I still got my recommended daily allowance of artificial shit in my system.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 25 Jan 2018, 09:33

Frank the Tank wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:You.....threw your lunch in the garbage?

I did. But once the repair had been completed and I was driving back to the office, I stopped at the local grocery store to buy three bottles of J Tim’s buffalo sauce and a package of Hostess cupcakes. So I still got my recommended daily allowance of artificial shit in my system.

Do they actually sell J Tims sauce in stores?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports