The Bike Thread

Re: The Bike Thread

Postby Prez » 26 May 2014, 19:24

I rode about 10 miles today. When I got home, I couldn't feel my ass or my balls...probably a sign that the saddle isn't that great on my bike.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 26 May 2014, 20:20

Theny wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:14 miles Friday, 29 on Sat, 4 on Sunday, 30 today.

I'm gassed.

You sleeping better now?

Yes. Still wake up too damn early, but I don't have problems falling asleep.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 27 May 2014, 03:12

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:14 miles Friday, 29 on Sat, 4 on Sunday, 30 today.

I'm gassed.

I wish I could ride here, but the combination of terrible weather, awful roads & incompetent drivers means that getting on a bike here is a death wish.
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 01 Jun 2014, 19:13

For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to ride 40 miles yesterday.

The rest of my day consisted of rotating between the sofa and my bed. And gorging on Pizza Hut.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Theny » 01 Jun 2014, 21:46

I know a couple of maniacs (both former alcoholics) that do 50 mile rides every Sunday. Nuts.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Prez » 16 Jun 2014, 08:05

bosux wrote:eta: this is the suxmobile:

More details on this bike? Can you tell me about the differences between your bike and the one that IMS bought... cost, features etc.

I'm in the market for a bike and trying to gather all the info I can. Hoping to stay in the $500 range but would spend more if I could be convinced that it would be worth it. My friend in the know seems to think that I should spend closer to $700 to get a quality ride. Thoughts?
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 Jun 2014, 08:09

look into Motobecane. very high quality bikes for a lot less than the other premium bikes. they also make some really good frames for tall people. You can customize the fuck out of them, the base starting price is usually $400 but with decent options you end up around $700. I have the Elite FS hybrid bike.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 16 Jun 2014, 08:10

Prez wrote:

More details on this bike? Can you tell me about the differences between your bike and the one that IMS bought... cost, features etc.

I'm in the market for a bike and trying to gather all the info I can. Hoping to stay in the $500 range but would spend more if I could be convinced that it would be worth it. My friend in the know seems to think that I should spend closer to $700 to get a quality ride. Thoughts?

This was a tip from when some of my family members started buying bikes in the last couple years - Craigslist. They all went into reputable bike shops and found the brand and model that they wanted. Got fitted for the right size in the store, then waited a month to buy it. Spent a month checking Craigslist for the bike they wanted at the price they wanted. All but one got the bike they wanted at least half off the price at the store.

Granted, they all lost a month of bike riding, but it's a question of whether or not you want to save real money.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Briandong79 » 16 Jun 2014, 09:00

the cheese wrote:
Prez wrote:

This was a tip from when some of my family members started buying bikes in the last couple years - Craigslist. They all went into reputable bike shops and found the brand and model that they wanted. Got fitted for the right size in the store, then waited a month to buy it. Spent a month checking Craigslist for the bike they wanted at the price they wanted. All but one got the bike they wanted at least half off the price at the store.

Granted, they all lost a month of bike riding, but it's a question of whether or not you want to save real money.

Nice way to dick over local businesses too!
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 16 Jun 2014, 09:01

Briandong79 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Prez wrote:

Nice way to dick over local businesses too!

That's half the fun.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby bosux » 16 Jun 2014, 09:45

hi prez, sux here! my bike is a 2009 marin palisades trail...it cost me about $1000 and i've slapped another $300-400 in parts on it (cranks, pedals, tires). i am essentially a cross country type rider that likes challenging singletrack, but not a super aggro rock hopping downhiller...i will hop logs, take small jumps, cross small streams, but i am not catching any epic air, bro...my local ride is 2 miles of road to my local park where i do a couple miles of single and doubletrack then 2 miles back home

what you spend and the type of bike you buy will depend on what type of riding you want to do...i am fairly certain there is some really nice trail riding in your area. if you want to get off road, and onto a legit trail (ie not a graded, crushed-gravel rail-trail), then i suggest buying something a little more burly than the iron mikemobile...my thought is that you can get a decent bike in the $700 range that will be more than enough for graded rail trail riding and will also be up to the task of some entry level double and single track riding.
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Gregs Kite » 11 Aug 2014, 13:17

You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Sep 2014, 06:13

The Colombia women's cycling team uniform:

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BigJohnStudd » 15 Sep 2014, 06:23

:shock: :oops: =D+=
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby mj3528 » 10 Aug 2015, 11:38

this happened during The Tour of Utah yesterday:

http://deadspin.com/cyclist-pancakes-into-car-in-painful-crash-1723109913

they went right by my place twice yesterday, but nothing this exciting happened. the site of the crash is about 10 minutes from where I live.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports