They Call It Football: The Consolidated Soccer Thread

Re: They Call It Football: The Consolidated Soccer Thread

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 Nov 2016, 09:24

Costa is pretty good right now i think. but we shouldn't lose to anyone in north america by 4 goals. a loss would have been fine, that's a whuppin.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 16 Nov 2016, 11:36

CourtesyFlush wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Unfortunately, I think it's time for Jurgen to go. Costa Rica always gives us issues there, but a 4-0 loss in unacceptable--as is losing at home to Mexico.

But that's the thing--Costa Rica shouldn't give us issues anywhere. And as best I can tell isn't the objective of the Hexagonal to basically hold serve at home to get one of the two CONCACAF spots?

The USMNT is 0-9-2 lifetime at Costa Rica.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 16 Nov 2016, 12:11

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ONTB » 16 Nov 2016, 15:38

He's had a lot of bad results over the past couple years. It's not just this start to the Hex. He's never figured out the right mid field players with the right mid field tactics. Same with the back four. His player selections on the whole have been odd. Good time to dump him with a lot of time to reset before the next qualifiers. Get rid of the malcontents who are past it and with over inflated sense of self like Jones, Bedoya, Besler, probably Michael Bradley as well. Concentrate on guys who will play the correct position in the formation and are somewhat comforable with the ball under pressure.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 18 Nov 2016, 12:23

ONTB wrote:He's had a lot of bad results over the past couple years. It's not just this start to the Hex. He's never figured out the right mid field players with the right mid field tactics. Same with the back four. His player selections on the whole have been odd. Good time to dump him with a lot of time to reset before the next qualifiers. Get rid of the malcontents who are past it and with over inflated sense of self like Jones, Bedoya, Besler, probably Michael Bradley as well. Concentrate on guys who will play the correct position in the formation and are somewhat comforable with the ball under pressure.

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ONTB » 19 Nov 2016, 20:58

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
ONTB wrote:He's had a lot of bad results over the past couple years. It's not just this start to the Hex. He's never figured out the right mid field players with the right mid field tactics. Same with the back four. His player selections on the whole have been odd. Good time to dump him with a lot of time to reset before the next qualifiers. Get rid of the malcontents who are past it and with over inflated sense of self like Jones, Bedoya, Besler, probably Michael Bradley as well. Concentrate on guys who will play the correct position in the formation and are somewhat comforable with the ball under pressure.

[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby OJ8871440 » 21 Nov 2016, 15:40

Klinsmann fired, I didn't think Gulati would do it but a change was necessary

ONTB for 2018!!!
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Nov 2016, 14:20

Why bring back Arena??
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Nov 2016, 14:22

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Why bring back Arena??

Its a curious move at the very least.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ONTB » 22 Nov 2016, 14:35

I had to respectfully decline. Would have really messed with my masturbation schedule.

I think hiring Arena shows panic in two fronts. 1. Having to fire Klinsman was unexpexted and they had only done limited ground work for finding a replacement. Arena is one of the few with established relationships to US soccer. 2. They are worried about falling way behind in the Hex and didn't want to risk growing pains from someone like Oscar Pareja which might have put qualifiying in doubt.

Firing Klinsman was the only move, but hiring Arena is pretty gutless. He's the same exact guy he was 10 years ago.
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Nov 2016, 14:40

It's soccer, how hard can it be to manage? "OK guys, go out there and bore everyone to death for 90 minutes. Maybe roll around and act like you've been shot a few times too."
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Nov 2016, 14:45

ONTB wrote:

I had to respectfully decline. Would have really messed with my masturbation schedule.

I think hiring Arena shows panic in two fronts. 1. Having to fire Klinsman was unexpexted and they had only done limited ground work for finding a replacement. Arena is one of the few with established relationships to US soccer. 2. They are worried about falling way behind in the Hex and didn't want to risk growing pains from someone like Oscar Pareja which might have put qualifiying in doubt.

Firing Klinsman was the only move, but hiring Arena is pretty gutless. He's the same exact guy he was 10 years ago.

i don't think missing the world cup would be that big a deal. feels like we should have gone for a home run with the manager rather than someone who can keep us at 24th or whatever.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby ONTB » 22 Nov 2016, 14:54

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:It's soccer, how hard can it be to manage? "OK guys, go out there and bore everyone to death for 90 minutes. Maybe roll around and act like you've been shot a few times too."

Soccer is like basketball with hundreds of more variables to consider for how your teams sets up and plays.
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 22 Nov 2016, 15:04

It really is.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 22 Nov 2016, 16:23

Gregs Kite wrote:It really is.

How so?
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports