They Call It Football: The Consolidated Soccer Thread

Re: They Call It Football: The Consolidated Soccer Thread

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 15 Nov 2017, 15:25

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Italy wants in on that action.

You can play with each other, I am in the 2018 Football World Cup, tyvm.
#2C4S
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 01 Dec 2017, 12:51

I can't spot the group of death there. F? D? E?
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby chrisco » 01 Dec 2017, 12:55

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Image

I can't spot the group of death there. F? D? E?

Group D looks entertaining as hell. They should have a tournament where they're all forced to play each other for the right to advance. Who says no?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby SouthernYokel » 01 Dec 2017, 13:17

F is definitely the group of death. Poor South Korea, getting nuked twice this year it appears.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Jew Jitsu » 01 Dec 2017, 13:45

Brazil's World Cup nightmare continues by being drawn in the same group as Serbia. Have fun dancing yourself into second places jogadoras
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 01 Dec 2017, 13:57

B is a very tough group.

I'm happy as is possible with Australia's group. We're just not that good so any group was going to be tough but it could've been worse. Denmark were good in the second leg of their playoff against a terrible Ireland team, Peru were poor against NZ & who the fuck knows what type of France team is turning up.
#2C4S
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby chrisco » 01 Dec 2017, 13:59

Mario Speedwagon wrote:B is a very tough group.

I'm happy as is possible with Australia's group. We're just not that good so any group was going to be tough but it could've been worse. Denmark were good in the second leg of their playoff against a terrible Ireland team, Peru were poor against NZ & who the fuck knows what type of France team is turning up.

Doesn't France have 3 teams:

A. The up and coming team that isn't quite there yet.
B. The over the hill malcontents that disgrace the nation.
C. The World Cup winners.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 01 Dec 2017, 14:02

chrisco wrote:
Mario Speedwagon wrote:B is a very tough group.

Doesn't France have 3 teams:

A. The up and coming team that isn't quite there yet.
B. The over the hill malcontents that disgrace the nation.
C. The World Cup winners.

Five, if you include Senegal & Tunisia.
#2C4S
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Dec 2017, 16:13

If the Group of Death is the toughest group then shouldn’t Group A be bringing babies into the world?
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 17 Jan 2018, 12:22

Theo Walcott! I appreciate Everton trying to keep my interest by signing players I've actually heard of by targeting guys that were in their prime back when I was playing FIFA 12.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Goose » 14 Feb 2018, 12:36

I guess I could put this in the Parenting thread, but I'm not trying to take credit for my kids' sports accomplishments like Rodney does. :mrgreen:

It's soccer related (of course) and involves Kid #1, but since it was a Tuesday night game I figured I would pollute another thread instead of the usual dump in the Weekend thread. #threadintegrity

My oldest daughter is the left wing on her middle school team and also was last year. Last year they were 6-2, losing both games to the undefeated county champ twice (by a total of 3 goals) and rolling everybody else. No playoffs, so no chance for a third match. I'm not sure why they played the unbalanced schedule. There are dozens of middle schools in the county and they were the only teams to play each other twice. Anyhow, they played a new middle school last night that got to draw a bunch of good players from other schools (not including the champs) and have been a 3-0 wagon so far this year.

Kid #1's school is also 3-0, but played a tight game (2-1 win) against a bad team last week, so going into last night's game I felt that things could've gone bad. But, our team was dominant with our goalie only needing to make one save on a not very difficult shot. Our back line was like a wall and our offense had at least a dozen opportunities.

We won 2-0 and Kid #1 had assists on both goals. However, early in the game she pulled one of these:

I'm still not sure how she did that, but I'm glad they didn't tie or lose by one or it would've been a rough few days at my house. They should win their next four games to set up a season finale against last year's champs, who should also be undefeated. But it may not be as close as last year. Kid #1's school team has six competitive players while the champs have a starting 11 of competitive players, including seven from Kid #1's travel team.

P.S. sco will either be happy or dismayed to know that I only had to drive two miles out of my way to attend last night's match.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Rodney Farva » 14 Feb 2018, 15:31

Goose wrote:I guess I could put this in the Parenting thread, but I'm not trying to take credit for my kids' sports accomplishments like Rodney does. :mrgreen:

point of order. i relay my son's sporting exploits in the parenting thread because i'm his parent. i claim no credit for whatever success he's having.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Goose » 14 Feb 2018, 15:42

Rodney Farva wrote:
Goose wrote:I guess I could put this in the Parenting thread, but I'm not trying to take credit for my kids' sports accomplishments like Rodney does. :mrgreen:

point of order. i relay my son's sporting exploits in the parenting thread because i'm his parent. i claim no credit for whatever success he's having.

Yeah, that's why you got Mr. Green. Plus, I needed a snappy intro.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby chrisco » 14 Feb 2018, 16:03

Goose wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

I enjoyed your drop in to the pipe. It really setup your landing on that first trick. Well done Goose.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Rodney Farva » 14 Feb 2018, 16:21

Goose wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

thorry. thometimes i get a little thenthitive.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Previous

Return to Other Sports