Running

Re: Running

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 07 Jun 2016, 13:30

Trying to run a marathon in all of the cities that have been victims of terrorism?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby CourtesyFlush » 07 Jun 2016, 13:32

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Trying to run a marathon in all of the cities that have been victims of terrorism?

There's probably a medal for that too
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Jun 2016, 09:44

I'd like to thank SOTSG for not recommending an item to me that might of saved me years of foot pain. Anyone ever hear of compression socks? Apparently they are pretty common. I ordered them online, and they have helped my foot pain. I went to some stupid festival on Saturday for 2 hours. Normally my feet would be killing me the entire time. Not with these socks. Then I ran/walked in them yesterday, and they felt fine. My feet hurt a little today, but I didnt wear them to sleep last night because i was washing them. I have them on now, doe. Miracle socks indeed!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby CourtesyFlush » 27 Jun 2016, 10:28

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I'd like to thank SOTSG for not recommending an item to me that might of saved me years of foot pain. Anyone ever hear of compression socks? Apparently they are pretty common. I ordered them online, and they have helped my foot pain. I went to some stupid festival on Saturday for 2 hours. Normally my feet would be killing me the entire time. Not with these socks. Then I ran/walked in them yesterday, and they felt fine. My feet hurt a little today, but I didnt wear them to sleep last night because i was washing them. I have them on now, doe. Miracle socks indeed!

Tell us more about said socks. What color did you get? Do they have big stripes at the top? Eagles logo?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Jun 2016, 10:34

CourtesyFlush wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I'd like to thank SOTSG for not recommending an item to me that might of saved me years of foot pain. Anyone ever hear of compression socks? Apparently they are pretty common. I ordered them online, and they have helped my foot pain. I went to some stupid festival on Saturday for 2 hours. Normally my feet would be killing me the entire time. Not with these socks. Then I ran/walked in them yesterday, and they felt fine. My feet hurt a little today, but I didnt wear them to sleep last night because i was washing them. I have them on now, doe. Miracle socks indeed!

Tell us more about said socks. What color did you get? Do they have big stripes at the top? Eagles logo?

This is them. Black and white ankle socks, toes exposed. I honestly never knew about these things.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CO ... UTF8&psc=1

Now that I think about it, perhaps all the NBA players with the weird sleeves, like Iverson, Wade, LBJ....maybe those are not just for fashion, but for some sort of medical purpose. How did I not know about this before?!

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Jul 2016, 11:11

So both knees have been a little painful lately, specifically my left knee, when I jog. Or it can hurt when I go down stairs or suddenly stand up. Its fun being me. I already have stupid bad feet.

Runner's knee can result from hypermobile feet (a condition in which the joints associated with the feet can be move more than what's normal), fallen arches, or overpronation (flat feet). These conditions in which the impact of a step causes the arches of your foot to collapse, may excessively stress joints and tissues of the knee, .

:x

I need to loose like a hundred LBs.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Jul 2016, 11:17

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I need to loose like a hundred LBs.

That's a lotta Levon Kirkland's

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 20 Jul 2016, 11:24

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:So both knees have been a little painful lately, specifically my left knee, when I jog. Or it can hurt when I go down stairs or suddenly stand up. Its fun being me. I already have stupid bad feet.

Runner's knee can result from hypermobile feet (a condition in which the joints associated with the feet can be move more than what's normal), fallen arches, or overpronation (flat feet). These conditions in which the impact of a step causes the arches of your foot to collapse, may excessively stress joints and tissues of the knee, .

Dumb the dumb cardio and start pounding weights. And eating better. Running is a scam.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby the cheese » 20 Jul 2016, 12:21

ctz31 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:So both knees have been a little painful lately, specifically my left knee, when I jog. Or it can hurt when I go down stairs or suddenly stand up. Its fun being me. I already have stupid bad feet.

Dumb the dumb cardio and start pounding weights. And eating better. Running is a scam.

Listen to your dunce ctz. He's a good dude. And somehow sober enough to offer this good advice.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Jul 2016, 12:24

the cheese wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

Listen to your dunce ctz. He's a good dude. And somehow sober enough to offer this good advice.

I'm not sure he's sober. Have we gotten an accurate BAC reading today?

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Jul 2016, 12:50

CourtesyFlush wrote:
the cheese wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

I'm not sure he's sober. Have we gotten an accurate BAC reading today?

I enjoy the way I feel after I jalk. I feel like I accomplished something, I feel good, and less suicidal. And the aches and pains that i get afterwards are a reminder that i worked out, and I feel good about that as well. I only like doing this when its hot, preferably 88 degrees minimally, and hopefully high humidity. I hate doing anything in the cold. I am normal, imo.

What would be nice is if my effing track I've been using after work didnt shut down, leaving me zero options except to work out in the morning. God life sucks.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby TheWolf » 20 Jul 2016, 13:27

I'm apparently signed up for a 5k on saturday. I've run one time in the last year. Should be fun.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Jul 2016, 13:46

TheWolf wrote:I'm apparently signed up for a 5k on saturday. I've run one time in the last year. Should be fun.

Have a couple loadeds beforehand

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby CourtesyFlush » 06 Sep 2016, 08:25

Because I am a psycho crazy person I got up at 2am this morning to sign up for the 2017 Paris Marathon (registration opened at 8am Paris local time). After running Boston and now Paris I'll need to run NYC to complete the trifecta.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 06 Sep 2016, 08:31

Do the Las Vegas marathon so we can con it up.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports