Running

Re: Running

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Apr 2017, 08:52

Flush, congrats on a race run!

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby CourtesyFlush » 17 Apr 2017, 07:58

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Flush, congrats on a race run!

:lol: look at that handsome stud
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 17 Apr 2017, 08:44

good thing you covered your groin so nobody had to see your racing boner. might have encouraged the mademoiselles to try to push mrs flesh out of the way.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 Apr 2017, 09:11

Rodney Farva wrote:good thing you covered your groin so nobody had to see your racing boner. might have encouraged the mademoiselles to try to push mrs flesh out of the way.

Yeah, that placement makes it look like it would be uncomfortable for 26.2.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 17 Apr 2017, 09:16

Frank the Tank wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:good thing you covered your groin so nobody had to see your racing boner. might have encouraged the mademoiselles to try to push mrs flesh out of the way.

Who was the asshole who tacked the .2 on there in the beginning?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 Apr 2017, 09:17

JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

Some king or something moved the finish line when he arrived late and couldn't get near the proposed finish. For some dumb reason it stuck. Jike, help me out here.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Apr 2017, 09:20

Frank the Tank wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

Some king or something moved the finish line when he arrived late and couldn't get near the proposed finish. For some dumb reason it stuck. Jike, help me out here.

i thought it was the distance from Marathon to Athens. idk if that's actually how far it is
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 Apr 2017, 09:21

SouthernYokel wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

i thought it was the distance from Marathon to Athens. idk if that's actually how far it is

That was how they got the 26 but not the .2.

ETA: don't know if this source counts as definitive but it is the extent to which I'm willing to Google:

The 1908 London Olympics gave us the 26.2 miles by accident. The first course was 25 miles, starting at Windsor Castle and ending at the new Great Stadium, with Queen Alexandra's viewing box set up at the finish line.

But concerns about the race affecting tram lines and then logistical problems getting runners into the stadium to finish in front of the queen lead to the finish being a 385-yard dash instead of a full lap around the track. That brought the total race distance to 26.2 miles.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Rodney Farva » 17 Apr 2017, 09:26

i thought it was an even number of kilometers but i was wrong.

great post.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 17 Apr 2017, 09:37

Rodney Farva wrote:i thought it was an even number of kilometers but i was wrong.

great post.

According to the interwebz:

So, de Coubertin [founder of the International Olympic Committee and the Modern Olympics] organized the first official race from the Marathon Bridge to Olympic Stadium in Athens, a distance of about 24.85 miles or 40,000 meters. Spiridon Louis, a Greek postal worker, won that first race in 2 hours, 58 minutes, 50 seconds, finishing seven minutes ahead of the pack. Of the 25 entrants, only 9 runners hit the finish line.

After 1896, the next few Olympic marathons varied in distance with the idea that as long as all runners ran the same course, there was no need to keep the distance exactly the same.

For the 1908 London Olympics, the course was laid out from Windsor Castle to White City stadium, about 26 miles. However, to locate the finish line in front of the royal family's viewing box, an extra 385 yards was added inside the stadium. Hence the marathon tradition of yelling "God save the Queen" in the last mile.

Despite the success of that first race, it took 13 more years of arguing before the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) adopted the 1908 distance as the official marathon. In fact, of the first seven modern Olympics, there were six different distances.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby jman » 17 Apr 2017, 14:32

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:i thought it was an even number of kilometers but i was wrong.

great post.

According to the interwebz:

So, de Coubertin [founder of the International Olympic Committee and the Modern Olympics] organized the first official race from the Marathon Bridge to Olympic Stadium in Athens, a distance of about 24.85 miles or 40,000 meters. Spiridon Louis, a Greek postal worker, won that first race in 2 hours, 58 minutes, 50 seconds, finishing seven minutes ahead of the pack. Of the 25 entrants, only 9 runners hit the finish line.

After 1896, the next few Olympic marathons varied in distance with the idea that as long as all runners ran the same course, there was no need to keep the distance exactly the same.

For the 1908 London Olympics, the course was laid out from Windsor Castle to White City stadium, about 26 miles. However, to locate the finish line in front of the royal family's viewing box, an extra 385 yards was added inside the stadium. Hence the marathon tradition of yelling "God save the Queen" in the last mile.

Despite the success of that first race, it took 13 more years of arguing before the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) adopted the 1908 distance as the official marathon. In fact, of the first seven modern Olympics, there were six different distances.

You serious Clark? I've never heard of a marathon runner doing this.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Apr 2017, 13:00

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 18 Apr 2017, 13:05

HOL that is awesome.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 18 Apr 2017, 13:06

SouthernYokel wrote:HOL that is awesome.

I hope that copywriter got paid in advance.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Previous

Return to Other Sports