Running

Running

Postby Abe Froman » 26 Aug 2007, 11:14

Running deserves its own THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because I need to post the following:

Note: you really have to hit those barriers with a lot of force to move them like he did. Damn.

Poor Guenther Weidlinger.
Abe Froman
Another dude worth meeting

Re: Running

Postby IhateTomBrady » 26 Aug 2007, 12:49

Abe Froman wrote:Running deserves its own THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it doesn't.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 26 Aug 2007, 13:12

Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Abe Froman » 26 Aug 2007, 14:35

Clayton Bigsby wrote:Run ! Run! Run!

I'm still laughing at the comments. I mean racism is bad, but that's always a good joke.
Abe Froman

Postby Theny » 27 Aug 2007, 07:44

Abe Froman wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:Run ! Run! Run!

I'm still laughing at the comments. I mean racism is bad, but that's always a good joke.

Haha, that's pretty funny. Never thought of that before...

And who the hell makes a montage of that??

Back on the subject, I was running every day before the oppressive humidity got here. Now I can just break a good sweat by simply walking outside. :sniff:
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Abe Froman » 28 Aug 2007, 21:56

Theny wrote:Back on the subject, I was running every day before the oppressive humidity got here. Now I can just break a good sweat by simply walking outside. :sniff:

I feel your pain. I hate running when it's hot and humid and I've had to do a bunch of long runs because I'm running the Chicago Marathon which is only like 6 weeks away or so.
As for the marathon, I'm thinking about writing "Abe Froman" on my shirt to see how many Chicago natives pick up the reference and yell "Sausage King" at me. Might not though, because it might make me look like a D-bag.
Abe Froman

Postby mister bacon » 28 Aug 2007, 22:02

Abe Froman wrote:
Theny wrote:Back on the subject, I was running every day before the oppressive humidity got here. Now I can just break a good sweat by simply walking outside. :sniff:

I feel your pain. I hate running when it's hot and humid and I've had to do a bunch of long runs because I'm running the Chicago Marathon which is only like 6 weeks away or so.
As for the marathon, I'm thinking about writing "Abe Froman" on my shirt to see how many Chicago natives pick up the reference and yell "Sausage King" at me. Might not though, because it might make me look like a D-bag.

i would think you are a d-bag regardless.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Abe Froman » 28 Aug 2007, 22:06

mister bacon wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:

i would think you are a d-bag regardless.

Good, that takes a lot of the pressure off.
Abe Froman

Postby ChiTown » 29 Aug 2007, 18:12

If you do it let me know...id almost be tempted to go just to yell it.
Dunking Donut - Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:06 pm: well i think i have to go soon. carry on gentlemen. stand strong, sons of maine. kings of new england, princes of the internets. dukes of the intertubes
ChiTown
Rocky Balboa

Postby IhateTomBrady » 29 Aug 2007, 18:22

Abe Froman wrote:

I hate this time of year for running. I've pretty much been reduced to doing 3 or 4 miles on my runs due to the heat. I wouldn't know what to do if I had to train this time of year.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Abe Froman » 01 Sep 2007, 10:36

ChiTown wrote:If you do it let me know...id almost be tempted to go just to yell it.

I'll keep you updated Chi, writing "jack_daniels" on there might be another option.
Then anyone who didn't get the reference (99.999% of the population, I would guess), would just assume I was an alcoholic. So everybody wins.
Abe Froman

Postby the cheese » 01 Sep 2007, 11:34

Ran a 5K this morning - finished in 24:57. Could have been better, but its been pretty damn hot here as well, so I haven't been running as much. Two more weeks until I run a half Ironman. I'm a little scared.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Abe Froman » 13 Sep 2007, 12:08

the cheese wrote:Ran a 5K this morning - finished in 24:57. Could have been better, but its been pretty damn hot here as well, so I haven't been running as much. Two more weeks until I run a half Ironman. I'm a little scared.

so two days away now Cheese? Good luck, I can't even imagine doing one of those.
I just finished a 20 mile run and am now officially in taper mode for Chicago.
Stupidity I came home and started drinking the only thing that was in the fridge and was cold: milk. I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna throw up in the next 10 minutes or so.
Abe Froman

Postby the cheese » 13 Sep 2007, 13:33

Abe Froman wrote:
the cheese wrote:Ran a 5K this morning - finished in 24:57. Could have been better, but its been pretty damn hot here as well, so I haven't been running as much. Two more weeks until I run a half Ironman. I'm a little scared.

so two days away now Cheese? Good luck, I can't even imagine doing one of those.
I just finished a 20 mile run and am now officially in taper mode for Chicago.
Stupidity I came home and started drinking the only thing that was in the fridge and was cold: milk. I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna throw up in the next 10 minutes or so.

Motherfuck that - I posted this in weightlifting fitness, but I did a nine mile training run and couldn't tie my shoes while seated the next day. Big fuckers like me aren't meant to do more than five miles
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Re: Running

Postby CourtesyFlush » 05 May 2008, 14:39

Any marathon runners on the board? I've decided to train for the Charlotte one on 12/13 and I'm looking for a few pointers. I've done some research and found a reasonable training program that builds mileage gradually over 37 weeks. Any additional tips from anyone who's completed marathons? Gracias interwebs amigos...
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Next

Return to Other Sports