Enter if you Dare: BC High School Sports

Postby theken » 20 Aug 2007, 13:07

Our boy Lawrie is the top Canadian prospect for the 2008 MLB Draft. Shit.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/Canada/Draft/draft_2008.html
But it doesn't change the fact that he's a douchebag.
http://www.undrafted.ca
jack_daniels wrote:
NBA Die-Hard #11/19 wrote:Uh oh JD looks like _ has gone Thomas Jones on us and "tweaked" a hammy... better bring no touchy back from AAA...

I didn't tweah shit faggot. Shut up.
theken
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby someguysomewhere » 20 Aug 2007, 13:41

theken wrote:Our boy Lawrie is the top Canadian prospect for the 2008 MLB Draft. Shit.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/Canada/Draft/draft_2008.html
But it doesn't change the fact that he's a douchebag.

Bahaha, I'm just going for lunch with his coach. He'll be happy to hear that.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Re: Enter if you Dare: BC High School Sports

Postby someguysomewhere » 07 Dec 2009, 12:53

the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby someguysomewhere » 02 Jun 2010, 10:46

Top 5 all-time BC High School Hoops players:

1. Steve Nash
2. Alan Tait
3. Kyle Wilson
4. Lars Hansen
5. Levon Kendall
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 02 Jun 2010, 10:47

Tell me more about this Alan Tait.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby someguysomewhere » 02 Jun 2010, 10:51

Clayton Bigsby wrote:Tell me more about this Alan Tait.

(list wasn't ranked in order)

He played at Richmond in 1970 and 1980. Went on to play at Oregon State, I think, for a couple of years. 2nd all-time leading scorer in the tournament. Never saw him play myself, but all the old boys said he was the best wing in the history of the province, and a better all-around player than some of the other guys that might have been contenders for that list (a couple of other Richmond boys - Pasha Bains and Ron Putzi).

I assume I don't have to tell you anything about Lars Hansen.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby someguysomewhere » 22 Jun 2010, 14:30

All-time Top 5 SGSW/Bix U Men's Basketball Players

1. Jay Triano - The only person on this list that anybody besides Bix could possibly have heard of. Currently the Raptors' head coach, before that he was a Raptors assistant, Canada's national team head coach for about 6 successful years (highlighted by a fantastic tournament in the 2000 Olympics where we got completely fucked my some asshole refs that let the French completely manhandle Nash), and the head coach at SGSW/Bix U for 6 years (including my first 3 as waterboy). He's deservedly on this list as a player, though. He was a 6'4" gunner who could absolutely shoot the lights out and was our national team's best player for all of the '80's. Claims to have made the Utah Jazz in 1982 or 1983 (story is Frank Layden told him he'd made the final cut, but might not make it through the whole season; Jay decided not to play because if he did play in the NBA he'd forfeit his amateur eligibility and couldn't play in the Olympics). At SFU he averaged something like 25 ppg over the four years he was there, and was the school's all-time leading scorer (record has been broken since, but that by a guy that got to play 5 seasons because of the stupid Canadian rules). One of Canada's all time greats as both a player and a coach.

2. Mike Jackel - Jackel was a 6'6"/6'7" wing scorer that finished one year after Triano. He was less of a shooter and more of a sneaky wing scorer with lots of tricks around the basket. In his senior year, he set the school's single season scoring record and led the NAIA in scoring at like 29 PPG. Went on to have a very successful pro career in Germany, playing nine years with the German national team and playing against the original Dream Team in Barcelona.

3. Alex Devlin/Bill Robinson - 2 star guards from the early 70's that played together for Canada in the backcourt in the 1976 Olympics. Kind of cheating to put them together as one entry, but whatever, I never saw either play. Robinson was supposedly a freakish, but massively undisciplined, talent. This is indicated by his arrest in the past few years for owning a massive grow-op on the island. Devlin was a less athletic, but more dependable player.

4. Richard Anderson - No-necked bull of a low post player who we only recruited because his older brother, who was one of our other assistant coaches, didn't want him to go play football at Penn State or Indiana and blow up to 350 pounds. So, even though he was a tubby 300 pounder who averaged like 7 ppg in high school, we gave him a scholarship. When he showed up, we ran the hell out of him and would let him eat for four months. Once he lost like 40-50 pounds he turned out to be an absolute beast on the blocks. Well, except that he was actually a big softy.

5. Andrew Steinfeld - An absolute beast of a post player that was a 20/10 machine (and a delightful mental case of a human being). Finished the year before I got to SGSW/Bix U. Played a couple of summers for the national team before his knees started to give out and played a few years professionally in Sweden before his knees gave out altogether at about 25. His knees gave out so young because he was pretty much a lunatic about training and destroyed all the cartilage in his knees by awesome stunts like running all the way up the hill to the gym (SGSW/Bix U is on top of a little mountain) 3 days after having his knee scoped and being told to stay off his feet for two weeks.

There are a number of other guys that played for Canada (and one for the Tall Blacks) that I could have thrown on the list, but that's my list. Unfortunately, nobody on next year's team is too likely to crack the top 100 on this list next year and we'll be lucky to win a single game with the coach they hired.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 22 Jun 2010, 14:35

someguysomewhere wrote:4. Richard Anderson - No-necked bull of a low post player who we only recruited because his older brother, who was one of our other assistant coaches, didn't want him to go play football at Penn State or Indiana and blow up to 350 pounds. So, even though he was a tubby 300 pounder who averaged like 7 ppg in high school, we gave him a scholarship. When he showed up, we ran the hell out of him and would let him eat for four months. Once he lost like 40-50 pounds he turned out to be an absolute beast on the blocks. Well, except that he was actually a big softy.

He was there when I was there. I'm pretty sure he was dating a little blonde girl from the soccer team for awhile, who was like 5'2", 85 lbs. Must have fucking impaled the poor/lucky girl.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby someguysomewhere » 22 Jun 2010, 14:44

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
someguysomewhere wrote:4. Richard Anderson - No-necked bull of a low post player who we only recruited because his older brother, who was one of our other assistant coaches, didn't want him to go play football at Penn State or Indiana and blow up to 350 pounds. So, even though he was a tubby 300 pounder who averaged like 7 ppg in high school, we gave him a scholarship. When he showed up, we ran the hell out of him and would let him eat for four months. Once he lost like 40-50 pounds he turned out to be an absolute beast on the blocks. Well, except that he was actually a big softy.

He was there when I was there. I'm pretty sure he was dating a little blonde girl from the soccer team for awhile, who was like 5'2", 85 lbs. Must have fucking impaled the poor/lucky girl.

That sounds about right. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Last I heard he was planning on teaching kindergarten at the school his brother teaches at once he's done playing in Europe. The women's team always got a good chuckle out of me trying to beat him up with a blocking pad when we were working on low post skills in practice.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 03 Sep 2010, 21:57

Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby chrisco » 03 Sep 2010, 22:00

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:http://www.bchigh.edu/podium/default.aspx?t=18765

Bartlett is the AD? Fuck that goon.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby someguysomewhere » 03 Sep 2010, 22:28

Hey, fuck off, eh!
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby chrisco » 11 Sep 2010, 09:02

Big opening day loss for the Eagles. #5 BC High goes down to Brockton and loses to the #2 ranked Boxers. It looks like there are about 50 people in the stands.

http://www.boston.com/sports/schools/fo ... n_bc_high/

I had no idea BC High was ranked or really care, but thread integrity demanded I post this.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby someguysomewhere » 13 Jan 2011, 21:10

The Hindoosiers are on fire. 16-0. Probably the last undefeated team in the Province. Best start in school history. Back in the rankings for the first time since my last year coaching.

Fired up for them. 3 of their starters are nephews and a little brother of kids I coached that worked out with us before school when they were still in elementary. Last kids I ever coached, really.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby someguysomewhere » 27 Jan 2011, 15:54

Per BSMB's instructions:

It's been a big year for the Hindoosiers at 20-1. Stayed in the rankings despite suffering their first defeat of the season to the #9 ranked team in the province. Things are shaping up nicely for the postseason. Should come out of the league #2, then get screwed on their seed for the Fraser Valleys due to an insane seeding system that allows the coaches of teams in the tournament to vote for seeding. Definitely have a puncher's chance of grabbing one of the eight berths to provincials, though.

Offensively, they've been executing the DHD to perfection, but they're a bit small and they play a shitty 3-2 zone that my buddy tries to call a "1-2-2 matchup". Bullshit, it's a crappy weak zone that will be their downfall.

Fun Fact: They're not 100% Hindoosier this year. There's one Chinese kid. No whiteys, though.
the very best of _:

Mar 15

Apr 25
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports