Dogfighting

Re: Dogfighting

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 29 Nov 2008, 06:21

nasty nova wrote:Vick to avoid additional jail time, expected out July 2009.

The trick may be finding a team ready to take a risk on the former quarterback.

Atlanta still has Vick under contract. But Falcons owner Arthur Blank made clear late last month the three-time Pro Bowl selection won't wear that team's uniform again.

"I hope they're prepared to face the dog lovers of America," Kansas City Chiefs president and general manager Carl Peterson said earlier of a team that acquires Vick. "There are going to be a lot of problems. People love their pets, and particularly dogs. There will be protests, people expressing their thoughts — even though he's served his time."

Vick's problems have compounded since his federal conviction in 2007. He's landed in bankruptcy court after losing nearly all of his record-breaking $130 million from a 10-year deal he signed with Atlanta in December 2004.

Nine protesters from the animal rights group PETA stood quietly outside the courthouse before the hearing, holding signs with photographs of bloodied fighting dogs and others that read "Dogfighters repent."

Asked how activists would respond if the NFL takes Vick back, Dan Shannon, assistant director of PETA, said Vick must speak out against dogfighting as someone who "participated in dogfighting and saw it ruin everything he built for himself and take away all his fame, all his fortune, all of his respect."

"If he chooses to do that, that's the only way I think he could ever be seen as any kind of a positive public figure," Shannon said.

My question to you is this:

Which team, if any, takes the flyer on Vick? If they do take a chance on him, how do they balance the PR nightmare? To most white people killing a dog is worse than killing an innocent person.

I don't see why a team in need of a QB wouldn't take a chance. He's paid his debt to society, he should get another chance.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby nova » 29 Nov 2008, 08:11

Clayton Bigsby wrote:I don't see why a team in need of a QB wouldn't take a chance. He's paid his debt to society, he should get another chance.

Because this is America, and unless you're white or really, really, really fucking endearing to white people, you do not get a second chance. This is the real-life version of Ron Burgandy saying "Go fuck yourselves, San Diego".
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 29 Nov 2008, 12:11

nasty nova wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:I don't see why a team in need of a QB wouldn't take a chance. He's paid his debt to society, he should get another chance.

Because this is America, and unless you're white or really, really, really fucking endearing to white people, you do not get a second chance. This is the real-life version of Ron Burgandy saying "Go fuck yourselves, San Diego".

Thr race card? Really?
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 29 Nov 2008, 15:50

One of the cable sports networks needs to put dogfighting on.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby chrisco » 10 Feb 2009, 10:19

So did anyone else get high, drinks some beers, and watch Westminster last night? No. Um ok then.

Was anyone else pissed that USA only ran 1 hour before switching over CNBC so USA could show wrestling, therefore screwing up your DVRing of it? No. Eh whatever... :oops:

Did anyone else think the judging in the hound group unfairly favored big dogs? No. Guess I won't complain when this gets moved to the Bayer than 2 boys thread then :danny:.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Colonel Angus » 10 Feb 2009, 10:25

chrisco wrote:So did anyone else get high, drinks some beers, and watch Westminster last night? No. Um ok then.

Was anyone else pissed that USA only ran 1 hour before switching over CNBC so USA could show wrestling, therefore screwing up your DVRing of it? No. Eh whatever... :oops:

Did anyone else think the judging in the hound group unfairly favored big dogs? No. Guess I won't complain when this gets moved to the Bayer than 2 boys thread then :danny:.

I will watch this event when they hire Fred Willard to do commentary.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Feb 2009, 12:19

PETA continues to make well thought out, logical arguments:
http://deadspin.com/5150350/peta-dog-ma ... udetenland
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby chrisco » 11 Feb 2009, 11:01

I had the top three as the Brussels Griffon, Giant Schnauzer, and then the Sussex Spaniel.

I also did a pretty good job of calling the Working and Toy groups. I had the boxer ahead of the schnauzer, but I have a boxer bias. I had the toys nailed.

Makes me think I have a career in dog judging as soon as I can bulk up for the role....most handlers and judges seem to have this look:

BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 12 Apr 2009, 23:56

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1165231&srvc=news&position=3
Right down the street from me. Bunch of fucking scumbags.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby someguysomewhere » 13 Apr 2009, 00:32

chrisco wrote:I had the top three as the Brussels Griffon, Giant Schnauzer, and then the Sussex Spaniel.

I also did a pretty good job of calling the Working and Toy groups. I had the boxer ahead of the schnauzer, but I have a boxer bias. I had the toys nailed.

Makes me think I have a career in dog judging as soon as I can bulk up for the role....most handlers and judges seem to have this look:

Whatver, man. My Mom isn't fat.

ETA: Wow, terrrrrrrrrrrrrrible headline on the DOT dogfighting story.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 03 Aug 2012, 15:10

The heartwarming story of a former competitor's road to recovery.

(graphic photos)

http://strayrescue.org/node/4551

http://strayrescue.org/node/4460
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 21 May 2014, 08:24

Thinking of buying some property in the mountains to build a training facility. I figure high-altitude training could give a dog a big advantage in its fights.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 Jan 2018, 20:24

Gary’s boy Marcus Vick is breeding pitbulls for sale...or something. Wtf

CE28C4A3-AF8A-462C-B90E-57DF660C0A4C.jpeg
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Previous

Return to Other Sports