UFC.

UFC.

Postby tribefan24 » 09 Oct 2006, 23:14

I noticed that UFC gets zero attention on SOTSG. So, at the insistance of Dick Hertz, I started this thread so maybe we can get some posts for a great sport. I am a big David Louasseau? fan. Who is your favorite?
When the Legend becomes fact, print the legend.
tribefan24
Pink Helmet

Postby Dick Hertz » 09 Oct 2006, 23:22

Matty Hughes is probably the best fighter IMO, but I have taking a liking to Tito after seeing him coach in the TUF 3. He got those guys into shape, was a better coach and just instilled confidence in his guys. He was superior in coaching to Shamrock.

As a result, I can't stand Shamrock now.

I realize that Tito is near the end of his career, Randy Couture has retired, so I watch MH whenever he fights and am also a fan of the Iceman Chuck Liddell.

As a side note: When watching the last UF 3, the guy who won - Kendall "Spider" Grove just looked solid. I tried talking my wife into naming our soon to be baby Kendall because I liked the name. She shot it down quickly. Besides we don't know what gender the baby will be and she thought it was for a girl's name.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Theny » 10 Oct 2006, 07:36

UFC is a little, what's the word.....barbaric (I guess) for my tastes. I can't get into it at all.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dick Hertz » 10 Oct 2006, 09:43

Theny wrote:UFC is a little, what's the word.....barbaric (I guess) for my tastes. I can't get into it at all.

Have you watched it lately?

Not nearly as barbaric as it used to be. They have weight classes, gloves, the refs are more closely watching to make sure someone doesn't get hurt. Very similar to boxing.

It's not the cage of death anymore.

Of course I'm rationalizing to someone who watches girly teenager shows why something isn't so barbaric so I may be wasting my time.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Theny » 10 Oct 2006, 09:59

Haha, well I didn't know they used gloves and stuff now. Maybe I'll give it a shot after all.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dick Hertz » 10 Oct 2006, 12:04

There is a UFC fight tonight on Spike TV.

Most UFC events are on PPV, but this one is on free TV. They have some fighters who are up and coming who will fight (they won the last Ultimate Fighting reality show series).

There will also be a main card fight between Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz. It's the 3rd time they have fought and these two don't like each other.

If you watch you will be surprised how much it has changed from the beginning years. The UFC was bought out a few years ago and have made it so much like boxing to make it appeal to the normal joe-sixpack fan.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Theny » 10 Oct 2006, 12:08

Dick Hertz wrote:There is a UFC fight tonight on Spike TV.

Most UFC events are on PPV, but this one is on free TV. They have some fighters who are up and coming who will fight (they won the last Ultimate Fighting reality show series).

There will also be a main card fight between Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz. It's the 3rd time they have fought and these two don't like each other.

If you watch you will be surprised how much it has changed from the beginning years. The UFC was bought out a few years ago and have made it so much like boxing to make it appeal to the normal joe-sixpack fan.

Funny you mention that, I just heard a commercial for this on the radio. Maybe I'll flip over to it after Laguna Beach or something. :o
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 10 Oct 2006, 12:10

Theny wrote:
Dick Hertz wrote:There is a UFC fight tonight on Spike TV.

Funny you mention that, I just heard a commercial for this on the radio. Maybe I'll flip over to it after Laguna Beach or something. :o

Run that shit picture-in-picture. Just make sure that you don't emotionally react the same to both shows.
FRSB

[Mon 2:08] Dick Hertz: it's also called - "ringing the cowbell". ask tiff about it.
Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby NFL Outsider » 10 Oct 2006, 14:32

You know that stuff is fake, right?
NFL Outsider
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby tribefan24 » 10 Oct 2006, 15:20

Right.... douche.
tribefan24
Pink Helmet

Re: UFC.

Postby nova » 10 Oct 2006, 15:31

tribefan24 wrote:I noticed that UFC gets zero attention on SOTSG.

cuz it sux
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Dick Hertz » 10 Oct 2006, 15:32

tribefan24 wrote:Right.... douche.

Oh boy. Have you seen the picture of NFLO? He'd beat you like a red-headed orphan who got caught pissing on his pistol.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby tribefan24 » 10 Oct 2006, 15:37

The UFC does not suck nova. It is very entertaining and the athelets are top notch. Fighting is by far the most draining sport. Yes Dick, NFL outsider is definetely a tough guy.
tribefan24
Pink Helmet

Postby Big Scary Monster » 10 Oct 2006, 18:26

I will be watcing tonight. I heard that part of the reason they are doing it is because many people were very unhappy with the last Ortiz/Shamrock fight.
Gregs Kite - Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 am: I bet he had an ARRGGGGGHHHHHRUGALA salad.

[Thu 12:05] jack_daniels: the big scar monster does whatever the big scary monster does. so i dont really care.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby tribefan24 » 10 Oct 2006, 20:59

Well Ortiz dominated for the third time. I can't say that I'm shocked. Tito just overpowered him into the fence, took him down, and pounded him until the ref stopped it. Good career for shamrock. Liked what I saw on the show tonight.
tribefan24
Pink Helmet

Next

Return to Other Sports