Weightlifting/Fitness

Re: Weightlifting/Fitness

Postby the cheese » 19 Dec 2017, 14:35

ctz31 wrote:This meathead left EIGHTEEN plates on the leg press machine after he was done yesterday. I was waiting for him to finish so i could use it, but wouldn't take the weight off on principle, so i went home instead. I should have confronted him and been murked in a roid rage incident.

It's called weightlifting. You should have reracked them for a warm-up.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Dec 2017, 14:52

the cheese wrote:
ctz31 wrote:This meathead left EIGHTEEN plates on the leg press machine after he was done yesterday. I was waiting for him to finish so i could use it, but wouldn't take the weight off on principle, so i went home instead. I should have confronted him and been murked in a roid rage incident.

thecheese out here doing 3 inch squats of 1000 lbs
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 19 Dec 2017, 14:56

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:

#ATG only broham.

Seriously, I finally fixed my form and got over knee tendinitis and got back to three plates 3x5 last week. Finally back to where I was in June.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Dec 2017, 15:09

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:

#ATG only broham.

Seriously, I finally fixed my form and got over knee tendinitis and got back to three plates 3x5 last week. Finally back to where I was in June.

this gym etiquette discussion reminded me, i took a picture of a guy at my gym last week because he was being such a cockbag i couldn't believe it. Loogit this ass:

Reading a book on the weight rack! He did this for like 10 minutes, i shit you not. it's not like it was a weightlifting for dummies book either. Just his light reading for the day.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 19 Dec 2017, 15:13

Is that Ken Jeong and Michael Steele?
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Dec 2017, 15:15

the cheese wrote:Is that Ken Jeong and Michael Steele?

i've never seen book guy before today but Steele works out in the gym every afternoon at the same time as me and i always want to be like "hey you look just like the RNC guy" but i turtle.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Goose » 19 Dec 2017, 15:17

SouthernYokel wrote:

i've never seen book guy before today but Steele works out in the gym every afternoon at the same time as me and i always want to be like "hey you look just like the RNC guy" but i turtle.

No other pics of that woman bent over the bar?
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Basketball Jesus

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Dec 2017, 15:23

Goose wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

No other pics of that woman bent over the bar?

that is a zoomed in shot, the rest of the photo had a guy doing bent over rows in the foreground and i did not want my complaint overshadowed by #nnf jokes. the rest of her is also in the photo, she is unremarkable in all respects. lot of shark potential i guess.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 19 Dec 2017, 23:12

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Who?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 03 Jan 2018, 09:43

My second contrabro take of the day. People that whine about the new year and people going to the gym annoy me. It's not a fresh take. Who cares if these fine people are trying to get their shit together. More people to impress with your physique yokel. Knock it off.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby chrisco » 03 Jan 2018, 09:59

ctz31 wrote:My second contrabro take of the day. People that whine about the new year and people going to the gym annoy me. It's not a fresh take. Who cares if these fine people are trying to get their shit together. More people to impress with your physique yokel. Knock it off.

BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby the cheese » 03 Jan 2018, 10:02

Great concert experience, would drive 3 hours to go see.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Jan 2018, 10:19

ctz31 wrote:My second contrabro take of the day. People that whine about the new year and people going to the gym annoy me. It's not a fresh take. Who cares if these fine people are trying to get their shit together. More people to impress with your physique yokel. Knock it off.

I agree but for different reasons. These people who show up all the time in January then disappear are the ones who make the gym business model work. Without them your memberships would be a lot more expensive, and then some people would quit, making the rest even more expensive, and so on and so forth. If you are a year-round gym user, these people subsidize your fitness. You should be grateful for their predictable short-term use.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Jew Jitsu » 03 Jan 2018, 21:13

I don't like them cause I gotta park further away and walk in the cold
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 03 Jan 2018, 21:22

If you go to a gym that's big and/or sparse enough that the extra people don't cramp the locker room or increase the wait time for machines, then there's literally no reason to care. NYC gyms are pretty cramped. Not really worth complaining about, cause it comes with the territory, like you say.

Jew seems to have a valid point.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports