Weightlifting/Fitness

Re: Weightlifting/Fitness

Postby SouthernYokel » 18 Apr 2017, 13:20

Goose wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Goose wrote:I have a bad back and have refrained from doing squats or dead lifts for nearly a year. I know that proper lifting technique shouldn't injure the back, but let's be honest, sometimes when tired, technique fails and next thing I know I'm at my orthopedist.

Anybody have some alternatives?

Lift more sets of fewer reps wit? Trap bar deadlifts? Resigning yourself to more trips to the orthopedist / not being as good as you once were?

do NOT do deadlifts of any kind if your back is squirrelly.

use the nautilus machines to do extensions and curls for your legs. if you are not self-conscious, you can use the smith machine this way:

I have done that when i pulled my lower back, it takes the pressure off. actually felt pretty good having the weight press my hips into the ground. just makes you look like women.

Thank you Yokel. I probably can't pull off those shorts* but I will give your suggestions a try.

*but would like to! Hache-Mache!

i am pretty sure the man in the blue shirt in the mirror is looking directly up her bra. as would i. i just noticed it for the first time because the eye is not drawn to her calves.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 18 Apr 2017, 13:38

I personally enjoy her attention to detail. Like rolling up the legs of her 2" inseam shorts. That kind of commitment to excellence is why we will win and ISIS will continue to hate us.

That and the iron grip she has on the bench. Makes me think of the grip she'd have on my...why do I even bother.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Apr 2017, 07:19

my callouses are getting kind of gross but i am not prepared to be weight room gloves guy.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JT99 » 24 Apr 2017, 07:28

SouthernYokel wrote:my callouses are getting kind of gross but i am not prepared to be weight room gloves guy.

You could pretty them up...

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby the cheese » 24 Apr 2017, 08:54

SouthernYokel wrote:my callouses are getting kind of gross but i am not prepared to be weight room gloves guy.

I lifted at our suburban gym with the hot moms and using the different brand of bar for deadlifts ripped half of my calluses open. That and the return of my rotator cuff impingement makes my gym life suck.

Oklahoma City Memorial half marathon on Sunday doe. Kinda excited. Never been at the start or the finish of the race when I've done the relay in the past. Heard it's pretty powerful.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Apr 2017, 09:24

the cheese wrote:

I lifted at our suburban gym with the hot moms and using the different brand of bar for deadlifts ripped half of my calluses open. That and the return of my rotator cuff impingement makes my gym life suck.

Oklahoma City Memorial half marathon on Sunday doe. Kinda excited. Never been at the start or the finish of the race when I've done the relay in the past. Heard it's pretty powerful.

yeah, there is one bar at my gym that is brand new. any time i use it, a couple hours later i'm guaranteed to be sitting at my desk picking skin off my hands. seeeeeeeexy
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Goose » 25 Apr 2017, 10:00

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:

yeah, there is one bar at my gym that is brand new. any time i use it, a couple hours later i'm guaranteed to be sitting at my desk picking skin off my hands. seeeeeeeexy

I hate getting that rotating bar by surprise. If I don't notice it while putting on the weights that first lift can be a little dubious.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby the cheese » 03 May 2017, 10:16

Ailments that are really fucking bothering me, per Goose's request:

HM: my vagina is really inflamed.

4. Right thigh falls asleep when I sit for any length of time. This is new, I'm assuming it's connected somehow.
3. Left hip flexor feels like it's about to explode after I run or walk over a mile. Had to limp through the last lap of my warmup mile yesterday before packing it in. Went to squat this morning and my left leg about gave out after my first warm up rep with weight on it.
2. Tendinitis in my left elbow.
1. Rotator cuff impingement. This is the big one, I got stuck under the bar on...Monday of last week, got lucky a trainer was nearby bail me out.

Going to do a lot of cardio on the bike and some stretching and abs every day for a month or so.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Goose » 03 May 2017, 13:47

the cheese wrote:Ailments that are really fucking bothering me, per Goose's request:

HM: my vagina is really inflamed.

4. Right thigh falls asleep when I sit for any length of time. This is new, I'm assuming it's connected somehow.
3. Left hip flexor feels like it's about to explode after I run or walk over a mile. Had to limp through the last lap of my warmup mile yesterday before packing it in. Went to squat this morning and my left leg about gave out after my first warm up rep with weight on it.
2. Tendinitis in my left elbow.
1. Rotator cuff impingement. This is the big one, I got stuck under the bar on...Monday of last week, got lucky a trainer was nearby bail me out.

Going to do a lot of cardio on the bike and some stretching and abs every day for a month or so.

Sounds like you've been going at it too hard for too long. I think your idea of taking a break from the weights is a pretty good plan.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby the cheese » 10 May 2017, 16:01

I have said before, I workout at heaven's waiting room. It's close to the office and we get a deal. W.E. There's a track around the gym floor that is a 1/14th of a mile octagon that is about 6' wide. Mostly it's used for old folks walking with the occasional old folk or cheese jogging. Lotta gym friends walking side by side even though they aren't supposed to.

Today at lunch I'm hitting the stationary bike as part of my chill month and I see this collection of 8 bros (actually 6 bros and 2 chicks) in some variation of a local failed energy company's gear run into the room and onto the track. They proceed to do seven laps of Indian Runs around this place at a 10 minute per mile pace (I timed them), generally scaring the old folks, then run straight out of the gym. I recognized several of them, but I think it was probably the douchey-est thing I saw today.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby bosux » 10 May 2017, 21:26

the cheese wrote:I have said before, I workout at heaven's waiting room. It's close to the office and we get a deal. W.E. There's a track around the gym floor that is a 1/14th of a mile octagon that is about 6' wide. Mostly it's used for old folks walking with the occasional old folk or cheese jogging. Lotta gym friends walking side by side even though they aren't supposed to.

Today at lunch I'm hitting the stationary bike as part of my chill month and I see this collection of 8 bros (actually 6 bros and 2 chicks) in some variation of a local failed energy company's gear run into the room and onto the track. They proceed to do seven laps of Indian Runs around this place at a 10 minute per mile pace (I timed them), generally scaring the old folks, then run straight out of the gym. I recognized several of them, but I think it was probably the douchey-est thing I saw today.

do you own a mirror, bro? :mrgreen:
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 May 2017, 07:32

gotta say, if you mean indian run the way i understand it (single file, person in last sprints to the front and when he gets there the next person in last starts sprinting) that doesn't really sound douchey. pretty good way to take up as little room as possible while doing intervals.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 11 May 2017, 08:49

SouthernYokel wrote:gotta say, if you mean indian run the way i understand it (single file, person in last sprints to the front and when he gets there the next person in last starts sprinting) that doesn't really sound douchey. pretty good way to take up as little room as possible while doing intervals.

You are correct on the definition of Indian runLike, I normally would agree. But you had to be there. First of all, the average age of the people in the building at that point was easily over 65. Second, these bros were all wearing matching American Energy Partners workout gear from head to toe. American Energy Partners is no longer a going concern. Third, they literally entered the gym, did five minutes of cardio, and exited the gym. None of them had broken a sweat when they entered, none had broken a sweat when they left the fitness floor and went to the locker room.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Gregs Kite » 11 May 2017, 08:51

Any of them have a sheen on them?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Previous

Return to Other Sports