Weightlifting/Fitness

Weightlifting/Fitness

Postby SouthernYokel » 30 Jun 2006, 13:33

Any of you guys know which way the gym is?

JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby edogpgc » 30 Jun 2006, 13:45

Thanks for stealing my thunder, SY. :wink:
edogpgc
Friend of Lohan

Postby SouthernYokel » 30 Jun 2006, 13:46

edogpgc wrote:Thanks for stealing my thunder, SY. :wink:

I'm a rat bastard.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby DirtDawg » 30 Jun 2006, 14:14

SouthernYokel wrote:
edogpgc wrote:Thanks for stealing my thunder, SY. :wink:

I'm a rat bastard.

You stay classy, Yokie.
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby nerf66 » 10 Jul 2006, 16:43

BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby nova » 11 Jul 2006, 09:24

What types of food should one eat before athletic competition? In my salad days, I could enjoy fast food, go out, and kick ass; but now in my fat adult days, I cna't really get a good grip on what to eat.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby edogpgc » 11 Jul 2006, 09:51

nasty nova wrote:What types of food should one eat before athletic competition? In my salad days, I could enjoy fast food, go out, and kick ass; but now in my fat adult days, I cna't really get a good grip on what to eat.

I can eat pretty much anything (I actually eat very healthily, anyways, though) and not see a dropoff in performance. These days, it seems like everything is bad for you in some way. For example, supposedly, turkey sandwiches are not good before competition because they have tryptophan or whatever. I've never noticed any effect. I just make sure I'm not too full, not too hungry, and bring water or gatorade or something.

On another note, it's interesting to see how fitness can deteriorate over time. I played tennis competitively through high school and was pretty good (started on a team that placed 3rd in state), so some of the skills would carry over when I played pickup basketball. I then pretty much quit tennis after high school, and I've noticed when playing basketball that my lateral quickness is much worse, and I can't play as tight D as I used to. While my endurance is still pretty good, I can tell that I tire out faster than I used to when I had to train for tennis.
edogpgc
Friend of Lohan

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jul 2006, 10:05

nasty nova wrote:What types of food should one eat before athletic competition? In my salad days, I could enjoy fast food, go out, and kick ass; but now in my fat adult days, I cna't really get a good grip on what to eat.

You want light carbs before aerobic exercise. Pasta with vegetarian sauce or something.

Before weightlifting, you want just a little bit of carbs and the day before you'd want protein (best is tuna, then salmon, then chicken, then beef).
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby edogpgc » 11 Jul 2006, 10:14

SouthernYokel wrote:

You want light carbs before aerobic exercise. Pasta with vegetarian sauce or something.

Before weightlifting, you want just a little bit of carbs and the day before you'd want protein (best is tuna, then salmon, then chicken, then beef).

Yeah, but do you ever feel like if you follow these guidelines you feel notably better or stronger or whatever? I've never really felt I've performed any differently when following these guidelines.
edogpgc
Friend of Lohan

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jul 2006, 10:16

You don't feel it as much when you're 19. Wait till you're older. Eating fast food now makes me feel really tired. Used to be i could eat a quarter pounder as a snack between meals. If i tried that now, i'd probably be sleeping 14 hours a day.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby edogpgc » 11 Jul 2006, 10:18

SouthernYokel wrote:You don't feel it as much when you're 19. Wait till you're older. Eating fast food now makes me feel really tired. Used to be i could eat a quarter pounder as a snack between meals. If i tried that now, i'd probably be sleeping 14 hours a day.

Yeah, I don't really eat that stuff anyways, but I'll definitely buy that explanation.
edogpgc
Friend of Lohan

Postby nova » 11 Jul 2006, 10:18

SouthernYokel wrote:You don't feel it as much when you're 19. Wait till you're older. Eating fast food now makes me feel really tired. Used to be i could eat a quarter pounder as a snack between meals. If i tried that now, i'd probably be sleeping 14 hours a day.

Same here. My vice, Popeyes fried chicken, used to be fuel for me. Now, if I eat more than three pieces, I am comatose.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Jul 2006, 10:19

Heheh... just wait.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby bosux » 11 Jul 2006, 10:33

i actually feel like i got a second wind around 30...i remember graduating college and getting a desk job, i could actually feel myself getting fat...i think it's such a huge metabolism adjustment that it takes a few years to catch up
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Theny » 11 Jul 2006, 10:58

bosux191820042090 wrote:i actually feel like i got a second wind around 30...i remember graduating college and getting a desk job, i could actually feel myself getting fat...i think it's such a huge metabolism adjustment that it takes a few years to catch up

Good point. Sitting at a desk all day can't be that good for your metabolism no matter what you do before or after work.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Next

Return to Other Sports